Reviews for The Epiphany: missing scene from The Truth
Jimelda chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Wow, what a great insight into the psyche of Ryan.
slimkay chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Incredible. Just simply incredible.
Luzith chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
great story. thanks
Jules47 chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
I just read this story and I love it. I wish they had show this in the ep but they probably had to have Ryan deal in his own way so that later he could be drawn to Teresa. His feelings of isolation and being let down by his new family are really shown on his face during that scene with Oliver and I can understand why he bonded so quickly again with Teresa.
nordesm chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
This was another amazing story by you! I can't put into words how great it was. Thanks for sharing!
Erin Kaye Hashet chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
This was wonderful. One thing I liked about The Truth was how it forced Ryan and Sandy to talk before the confrontation, but we never got to see them talk after. This is a terrific look at their developing relationship, and your writing style is clear and rings very true to the characters. Great job!
Brandywine421 chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
"This kid, so in need of mothering, had experienced first-hand how hesitant Kirsten was to become emotionally invested in someone. Consequently, Sandy thought, maybe the boy didn't look for as much from Kirsten, so that he harbored fewer expectations of her. And thus she could not fail him as easily, or as completely as he or Seth could. Sandy was certain that Ryan never took Kirsten's smallest gesture of affection for granted."

This fic has so many good things in it, so many things that needed to be said but this line especially is written in a way that I admire - you have such a good understanding of the family dynamics that I often reread your fics just to try and *get* all that you *get* from the Cohens 1.
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
LOVED this story. I wish I'd watched past Season 1 and could read the rest of your stories. *sighs* Loved your portrayla of Sandy, and Ryan in this fic. Well done, on my faves.
Papermonsters chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
Hey ChaseII! I admit, for a long time I didn't stumble over this, but regarding the mass of terrific OCFic.. And I also admit that I haven't read it yet, but I've put this and "Dear Ryan" on my notebook to read it later (unfortunately I can't spend very much time online). But I'll review as soon as I've finished it. The short glimpses I caught so far seem really interesting and well-worked.

Oh, and I'm really curious about this "first shot" of yours, you know, scan it for the "first-timer-mistakes" you wrote of (being a first-timer myself I hope I can learn from it).

So: See you soon (I'll certainly be back for you last chapter of "Dear Ryan").
knightdawndelight chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
WICKED AS! You're brilliant at getting all the characters emotions in order! PERFECT!
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
ooh wow. That was great

Very clever and the end was v sweet
katwoman76 chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Again...I have to say, you really have a great way to describe the feelings in the Cohen1 family.

Great job.
JenJenxx chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
Good job! Really liked the paragraph where kirsten looks him up and down. i was getting prepared for her to start shouting at him but it was nice that she took the motherly approach instead. It made ti a lot deeper and real!
Pyrinsomniac chapter 1 . 3/8/2005

I found it kinda odd, too, that the Cohens wouldn't want to talk about what'd happened with Oliver. That they'd just bury their mistakes and move on... but I suppose they wanted to do that so that Ryan was more receptive to Theresa when she showed up.

Beautiful and sweet.
beachtree chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
I just had the good luck of stumbling across this and I'm really sorry I missed out earlier! I just love the "missing scenes" premise and it never ceases to amaze me when someone absolutely nails the characters with the layers of dialogue, mannerisms and reflections. You succeeded on all counts. I found myself wishing I had been able to watch this scene exactly as you wrote it and have the same feeling afterwards. You captured Ryan's insecurities, doubts, everything with precision. I am glad someone gave voice to Sandy's ultmimate turmoil and fear. The conversation was riveting and the resolution was dead on. Please tell me you'll write some more!