Reviews for Sir John
TorontoBatFan chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Interesting story. I like the twist of Sir John being bitten.

Have you ever thought of doing a more direct sequel where he encounters Larry, after the latter's return from the grave? It would be interesting since -for the first time, one would suspect- the two would truly be able to understand one another?
MinaWestenra chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Very nice!
Li'l Milk Glass Chicky chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
This was most excellent. I love using your icons from LiveJournal but I had no idea until very recently that you had actually written fanfiction for "The Wolf Man"! Just what I needed for the season too. A very interesting twist to Sir John's tale. It was rather amazing that after such attacks Sir John (and Gwen for that matter) walked away without so much as 'just a scratch'.
KiramidHead chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
As a fan of the original film, I have to extend my thanks for this wonderful homage. It felt right, and I liked how it went in a different direction but didn't outright contradict the film sequels.
PaperBackWriter95 chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Oh my gosh, that was great! I'm a HUGE fan of the original "Wolfman" (The new version just didn't *do* it for me, probably because, in my opinion, Claude Rains IS Sir John, among other things), and this was a stupendous follow-up! Wonderful!
Violet Electric chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
This is fabulous! It's a crying shame that there's only one fanfiction article for the original Wolf Man. I love this story because it is based around the original, but I love it even more because it is brilliantly written and a great follow on/alternative story. In Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, Maleva does the same thing for Larry, but that is set 5 years after this, so perhaps Sir John had discovered a cure... or died?

The only thing I would have to say is that it could've been a bit longer, and maybe you could've included some of what everyone else was thinking. But it's about Sir John, so it makes sense just to have it focusing on him.

I also love Claude Rains 3 Thank you for this wonderful story!
Werewolf's One chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Wow, this was swell. If there is something about the magic and wonder of the wolfman story, it's that it can never truly be over. There's always somebody to keep the legend going. Thanks for writing such a neat fic, one that goes back to the roots of the original. I really enjoyed it.
Vila chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
I've thought about this a few times myself. Given the werewolf's ferocity it seems remarkably unlikely that Sir John would have escaped unchanged or at the very least seriously maimed.

I'm glad that there is Wolf Man fiction out there. I suspect that with the remake coming out we'll loose the glory that is the original.

My only nitpick would be Maleva. She was rather condescending towards Sir John in the woods and I don't think she would be quite so kind to him. At least not without some serious needling and snide comments. I loved Sir John's lines. I could hear Claude Rains' voice as I read them.