Reviews for Consolation by Default
Switched-to-Silent chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Oh man, just reading along, doing fine, keeping it together...and then the part with the Red Sox came. Poor, poor Tim :(
bat-with-butterfly-wings chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I love that you had Lois and Tim in the same room, I have literally never sen that in a fanfiction and it was really intersting for you to do that. GREAT work I truely enjoyed reading that. poor timmy boy! you should do a follow up to this! even though its been six years since this was written...heh... BUT YOU SHOULD DO IT ANYWAYS!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I'd just like to respond to a comment made by the reviewer named Destiny. Women are not necessarily more vocal about complaining - I am a woman and it all happens in my head. I thought Lois was very believable, and I loved the mention that she and Clark have loud sex. (Even though you didn't say it was with Clark, I am taking it to mean that since I do not want to picture Lois with anyone else.)
ladymirth chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
One of the very rare fics that pairs my two favourite DCU characters together and a fantastically written one at that. I cried when I read Identity Crisis, and I cried when I read this. Oh, poor Timmy! He needs so many cuddles (esp from Superboy).

I think you have Lois' characterization down pitch-perfect.
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Lois' POV is great and I love the way she ends up connecting with Tim.
Bumpkin chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Found this via it being recced on the Lj community 'Crack_Van' and I have to say - I agree, this was an excellent story. I really liked the way you used Lois and I found both your Lois and Tim characters felt 'true' to how I see them. :)

thanks very much for sharing and keep penning,

Marns

~pN
DaggerPen chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Aww. I'm not really sure what to say, but I hate to read without reviewing, so I guess I'll comment anyway. This is really good. You have a few spelling issues, but the writing itself is well done, and your characterization is excellent. Poor Tim, having to deal with all these issues! I'm glad Lois could help him.

Good job.
Wally-West-Go-Zoom chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
That was REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SUPERBLY SUPER! Could you write a sequel where he is reunited with the Bat Clan?
Amarin Rose chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
A very well-written story, good characterization, nicely flowing plot, and Lois' voice came through perfectly. I really enjoyed this story; thanks for sharing.
giveGodtheglory chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
That was good. I think you wrote Lois pretty well. And you wrote Tim really well.

*LMBO at the ending*

God bless!

g
Susan Hillwig chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
That is probably one of the best stories I've read on here - moving, every note rang true. I'll be honest, when Tim was talking about his dad missing the Sox win by five days, it made me think about when my Grandpa died years ago - he lived out of state, and he passed away 2 weeks before I was going to fly out to see him - the pain brought on by that sort of "near miss" is awful. I'm bookmarking this story, and I'll keep an eye on you, too.
Cassandra Cain chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Definitely loved. You have a knack for writing the crafty Lois Lane. Good Job!
Eternal Paladin chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
Well done!

Now, because my name is also ambiguous, I am a woman, and I did not see anything wrong with the way you wrote a woman's perspective. I'm not very familiar with the Lois Lane character, but from what I know, it seems to me that you hit her right. I particularly liked how you wrote that when she was in unfamiliar territory with helping a clearly hurting youth, she leaned on her strengths (namely her listening skills she learned from being a reporter.)

Robin I'm more familiar with, and the way you wrote him was right on the money. It was perfect. Although it seemed to me that he might have opened up a bit rushed, you did a great job with building up the reasons why he was ready to finally open up (along with using the people who were looking for him to establish that it had been a while since anyone had heard from him... so some time had already passed.)

It was a great story and a very good read. I enjoyed it a lot.
pmaniac chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
Wow!

I love your writing style. Very confident...in a good way :)

Your portrayal of Lois was pretty much in character, there was no problem with the writing in a woman perspective

heh, and it's always nice to see a bit of continuity.
Destiny chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Just for the record, Son of Yoko, if you were ever a Braves fan, you would still be a Braves fan. That's why they call it a "fan", you traitorous little snipe.

Now darling, not all women are confused. Most of us know our strengths and weaknesses and exactly how to play up or play down one or the other. I wish you would give Lois a little bit of credit here. She doesn't have to advertise her maternal skills in order to know for herself that she has some.

And just so you know, women don't groan and complain inside their heads the way men do. We're far more vocal with our bitching. Maybe one of your dozen or so sisters can give you some advice the next time you try writing from a woman's perspective.