Reviews for The Sorrowful Tale of Miss Kitty Fantastico
ladymirth chapter 16 . 2/10/2013
I laughed and bawled my eyes out over this story in equal measure. At first I thought, "Spike and a kitty cat and one of Spike's Grand Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free No-Fail plans! Is there a recipe cuter or more hilarious than that? And I was right. Oh how well you wrote that sweet kitty. Not only was she cute as buttons but also seemed to be a manifestation of Spike's fledgling humanity. And Clem!
But you went even beyond that to something utterly profound...Spike's shattering realization of his own vampiric nature (oh the absolute pathos of that moment!) and its subsequent sublimination, which makes way for his character growth and arc in S6. You are a storytelling genius. This fic is going in my "absolute favourites" list!
Lady Neferankh chapter 16 . 11/19/2010
This has got to be one of the best Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfics I have ever read.

Your style is unusual but perfect, capturing each perspective with an inner voice that seems to fit exactly. Vividly recreating the atmosphere of the show, you managed to handle the changes in mood quite well too!

What a beautiful story overall.
MissBe chapter 16 . 2/1/2007
I must admit that this story took me by surprise... The narration was very inventive, and it worked. There are some parts where the Victorian telling clashes with the modern day slang, IE: "Gameface" vs "Vampiric visage" etc... but overall it was an excellent story!

definitely a new favorite :D

happy writing
Son Of Evil chapter 16 . 6/22/2005
Great story. I know that's a bit plain, sorry, but how else can I describe it?
ozma914 chapter 16 . 5/28/2005
"He knew what rhymed with effulgent"! That might be the perfect capper for Spike's experience. I'm going to miss the story; the style, the perfect characterizations, the humor ... and the cat. I'm glad we got a happy ending.
ozma914 chapter 15 . 5/26/2005
I can't understandy why you don't get more reviews on this. Maybe it's because it seems harder to read, and all too many people are lazy these days, but one of the joys of the story is its difference. It's also one of the best studies of the minds and "souls" behind the characters - especially Spike and Dawn - that I've ever read. Maybe this is the fanfiction equivilant of a literary novel - much superior, but unappreciated because it doesn't look down at its reader.
ozma914 chapter 14 . 3/8/2005
It occurs to me that this story explains, better than anything in the episodes, how Spike came to change so much in the last two seasons. I had a feeling leaving that bag outside was a bad idea, but I never thought Miss Kitty would become the threat. As usual, great characterization and well done!
Buffitude chapter 12 . 1/13/2005
This has been most wonderously written! I love the combination of you and Rudyard kipling! Brings to mind , The Elephants Child style, but with the subject matter it comes off as being much different! I really hope you continue with this story! Well done.
ozma914 chapter 12 . 1/13/2005
*sniff* I really liked Miss Kitty as a character! She was more well-rounded than a lot of other characters I've seen over the years.
ozma914 chapter 10 . 11/24/2004
It's so hard to show both the good and bad sides of Spike at the same time - I think you did a great job of it. Even though they haven't actually been together for most of the story, Spike and Dawn make the classic odd couple (as do Spike and Clem).
ozma914 chapter 8 . 11/5/2004
What a great story! You did a brilliant job of getting inside Spike's head, and Dawn's, too. Purists might complain that you shifted points of view a lot, but I had no trouble keeping up. But best of all, the writing is better than 95% of the fanfiction I've seen, and I loved the style - I hope you're published, or working on getting published.