Reviews for Fingering Smoky Thoughts
keptinkirk chapter 6 . 3/21/2013
I love it3 I really wish there were more Chris/Meg stories, they were my absolute favorite:) well, I love this story!:) it's great:)
Britta chapter 3 . 9/13/2007
you are an awsome writer, i absolutely love the Chris and Meg love story...so someone writing sweet fanfic just for them is totally AWSOME! keep writing you are great
AdinaRJ chapter 6 . 8/1/2006
Now that I've finished reading, I have to say how amazing the broken imagery is. The colors, the cold, just everything - really amazing.

The POVs got a lot clearer as the story went on. It's an interesting take on their relationship - but a real one.

Great job, really.
AdinaRJ chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
In a fandom where there are very few fics to choose from, and even fewer quality ones, yours sticks out. You have a good handle on these characters - I haven't finished reading it yet, but I'm certain it will be good.

My only constructive criticism is how you switch back and forth the POVs within paragraphs - it makes it a little confusing. For future writings, maybe you could try to make it a little more clear - one POV per chapter or at least per part.

Once again, great job, and I hope you are still writing!
girlfrommars139 chapter 2 . 2/21/2006
I am loving your story! I can't wait to see what direction you take it in! I'm very excited to read the next chapters soon! Caiti
mari4815 chapter 6 . 1/30/2006
"Pizza is an awkward word, an irrelevant detail, a worthless and forgotten concept. She is a color television set. Wild blue everything and ruby lips and those goddamned flaxen ringlets and pink hands running through his hair and dancing down his back." Oh my god. You are so smart. This is like poetry. You should try to get something published.
mari4815 chapter 4 . 1/30/2006
Again, this is like poetry. You're an amazing writer, and American Dreams was the best show on television... what a shame that it's been cancelled.

Damn, this is so good I can hardly explain it. Their characters are perfect.
mari4815 chapter 2 . 1/30/2006
This is ridiculously well written. I miss American Dreams so much. :(
unfold chapter 1 . 12/17/2005
Let me preface this by saying that I don't watch American Dreams. Mostly because I fell in love with Milo/Gilmore Girls too late. Had I been on the ball, I would've started watching AD when Milo was on it. But, alas. I didn't get the chance. Then, I was randomly looking through some AD Meg/Chris screencaps and just completely fell for the couple even though I've never actually seen the show. I could just tell that they had amazing chemistry. (Is it possible for Milo not to have chemistry with whoever he's acting opposite?) The point of this preamble is that since I can't watch AD and since it probably won't be on DVD anytime soon, I decided to look for some fanfic to curb my appetite. And this story was just what I needed. It was so beautifully written. And it I think it acted as a perfect substitute for the real show, probably better than the real show (but who am I to say?). So, thank you. :)
Anastasia Athene chapter 6 . 10/30/2005
OH MY GOD!

So on a whim, I click on your pen-name, because I wanted to reread parts of O Citadel (don't ask me why, LOL) and what do I find?

YOU UPDATED FST! *faints*

Oh, this made my day. You have no idea. Really. And I get to make a list! *dances*

**she could almost smell the cold**flurries were not a memory but a presence**She found herself trying to look pretty in tartan plaid flannel, and not blinking her eyes so that the snow would stay on her lids. She remembered reading something once, about a boy who had fallen in love with a girl simply because she had beautiful lips. Meg ran her tongue nervously over her own.**Where does she keep the bunny ears when she's not working?**Relatively Spiteful**Pizza is an awkward word**It’s peculiar how quickly time comes and goes, how ephemeral it is, how cursed it is when it’s not there anymore.**Lover**Between his arm and her stomach is a total of three and a half inches**In the last passing hours, he has thought often of God and of his hands, and her hands, and His hands.**"I forgot to tell you before..."**watercolour sound**He is what he is, she thinks briefly. I love black curls.**white smoke in his mouth**Let me finger-paint you.*

Oh, it was so wonderful to read your writing again! I hope I get to read more very very soon! *cheers* Hope to see you soon!
Arianna chapter 6 . 9/20/2005
You have outdone yourself.

Well, not in that way. In that way. Does that make any sense?

It's a good thing!

...

In waiting for time for the review this deserves...

This is one of the most beautiful things I have read. I am so glad I found this fic.

You have an unbelievable amount of talent and this story, the way you make everything new, vague but perfectly sense-making, every sentence so beautifully phrased, everything so well planned...it's extraordinary. There are some sentences here I just stopped and read over several times. They're so damn good. You should be very, very, very proud of this.

It's really *incredible*.

(I completely agree about AD - I wish I'd seen more while it was airing! - and I am so very happy you updated this. What a fantastic surprise!)
Meg chapter 6 . 9/20/2005
I don't even know what to write that will do this justice. Really.

It's beautiful. And...perfect. The images you make with such simple but meaningful words...

I can't even explain it.

I was so happy you update. I squealed very, very loud. :p

This was a truly, truly phenomenal update. Everything about it was.
someone5 chapter 6 . 9/19/2005
:D Big grin, babe. BIG GRIN!

What haven't I already said...?

I love ya. And I love this.

But I've already said that... ;)
kala chapter 5 . 1/2/2005
i like it but your up-dates take so long :(
Anastasia Athene chapter 5 . 12/29/2004
...I am so stupid! LOL I just now read Chapter 5, because I'm stupid and in the back of my mind assumed it would be under Gilmore Girls...then I clicked on American Dreams today and look, here it is! LOL Wow. Okay, then. Wow. The amount of wonderful imagery in this chapter practically overwhelmed me. Let's make a long list, shall we?

*night rolls over day and the sky is velvet**Winter is an oppurtune time to die, he thinks**Virgin snow is the only thing pure here**But as always, she is the purest**his throat is yearning again**Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart of a man go together.**mouth still a charcoal line**the paragraph starting "the trees are bare and black..." AMAZING!**china eyes**Because after all, he is Chris Pierce and Chris Pierce is not only Fearless but also Prepared For Anything and A Little Bit All-Knowing.**it is becoming harder to keep what yearns down inside**This time she kisses him, soundly, on his bottom lip**the small and holy fire**he swallows her yearnings and she kisses up his **

Loved. It. As always, lol. But yes. Amazing. Keep it up :) :D