Reviews for Underneath
Error 401 - Talent Not Found chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
This hurts in so many different ways. Mostly over Kakashi's nonexistent childhood and the fact that he lives for the dead. The writing style suits this- detached, disembodied, not really belonging to the one it focuses on...Really loved this.
shikamaru B5 chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Why did you make me cry? Kakashi! I know the pairings of losing the people close to you too!
Esquizoide chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Very good.
Lady Barbossa329 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
So much emotion, it almost had me in tears. I feel horrible for both Kakashi and Jiraiya. They both lost people that were precious to them. Beautifully written story. Thank you for sharing it.
cerise888 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Wow, you are one amazing writer. I loved the bitterness, the angst, the pain, and above all the strength to persevere that overrode everything else. That bit about the scar and how Minato lives on in Kakashi was pure genius. Hats off to you!
monkey kix ass chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
poor kakashi. but it's kinda cool how you gave him the exact same scar in the exact same location as the yodaime did. nice little piece. thanks for sharing.
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Wow... very bittersweet. I've got lump stuck in my throat now lol. Good job.
sholmesley chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Gah! That made me cry; I hope you're happy!

Very emotional read- caught serious!Jiraya perfectly and young!Kakashi was dead-on as well.

:goes off to get tissues and sniffles:
Kelara chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Beautifully written und well thought through. Thanks!
toolazytologin chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
That was an awesome story. It was really poignant.
irritated reader chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
It could be recent events, but a fanfic has never made me cry before. This was so beautiful. Thanks.
NoNAMEohmygod chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
That was so cute!

I'm glad I read it.

Shavaineth chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Poor Kakashi. The fact that he was so young to get where he did and the fact that he's lost so many people along makes him such an interesting character. This was an interesting little slice of how things were and how Kakashi suffered at the loss of his teacher. The voice shift at the end was a little weird since the story went from refering to Kakashi as he and other third person pronouns to refering to him with you instead. I know some of this was probably to show Jiraya's feelings and thoughts as he steps in to prevent Kakashi from dieing, but I think the story would flow a little better sticking to one voice the whole way through. Anyway, overall nicely done little story and I really like the fact that we get to see Kakashi attempting to deal with his losses but by telling the story from Jiraya's point of veiw it preserves the illusion off aloofness and mystery that is Kakashi.

Cheers,

Shavaineth
karishea chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
very well written. I loved everything. Maybe you could change it though so that Jaraiya says he will be there for him when he wakes.
Rika24 chapter 1 . 2/5/2008