Reviews for Unbroken Eve
heartmira chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Ahh Unbroken Universe. Love this.
daily-chan chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
*snickers* that scene with Moody...I can so imagine it happening. Wizards coming across the Muggle version of Halloween, priceless.
Good one.
jonski chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
If only Sirius is the real Secret Keeper in canon. While reading this I keep expecthing something horrible is bound to happen.
MissEMT chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
urgh, if only it had been this way. despite very little actually happening in this oneshot, you somehow captured my attention as well as your action-filled Unbroken stories, congrats.
DeathlyHallowsschoolgirl chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I like this one much better that unbroken.
"Trick or Treat, Dumbass."

Moody Rules. Enough said.
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
I enjoyed your story. It was a short but sweet. :)
Standing Wolf chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Well that's it.

I guess I'm through with your Harry Potter ff's.

I wish you'd write more... But I know that at some point "kids are done with playing in the same sandbox with the same toys all the time"

Anyways, a really nice OS, telling us between the lines what has not been.

But I was a bit paranoid. Everytime it knocked on Sirius' door, I thought it would be the Death Eaters. Somehow I thought they'd come for him on halloween, well I guess I was wrong.

Well, I just remembered, I still have still at least two thing from you to read:

1. Promises Defended last chapter (no, I'm not ever gonna stop on that ;) )

2. You said something of a surprise *head yerks up like one apprehensive Padfoot* I'm listening :D

Have a great and merry Christmas, until we read again

Standing Wolf
Shealtiel chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Well, I enjoyed it... didn't see much POINT to it, but it was still good... I really enjoyed it... especially the James and Lily bits and that bit at the end with the Quidditch team.

xox

Shealtiel
truest-of-true-loves chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
wow i am so glad i found that you wrote little oneshots for the UU stuff. this was great, of-course and i love that end. sigh...
Sailor Sol chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
I totally forgot that you had one of the Gryffindors on the Quidditch team named David Davidson. Rather odd to think about really-he wasn't much of the Quidditch type, I'd say.

Can you tell I'm bored though? Killing time before chow... Hah... Soon, SOON we shall have senior mess... And then I won't have to go and reread all of your old stories and stumble across cadre members masquerading as Quidditch players :-P.
Dishonorable chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
I liked the Sirius & Moody scene in particular.
Shading in Grey chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
This is really good. Very 'aw'. Can I say one thing? I don't mean to be rude... it's just I felt the last paragraph wasn't the best way to finish it. It was too weak for an ending, I though. However, that's just my opinion, and my opinion only. I may be spouting off complete rubbish.
the essence of popsicles chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
...if only that had happened
witchheart chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
I am FINALLY catching up on the UU, and this was a wonderful place to start. I loved the tone and the content.

The fact that you focused on trick-or-treaters is highly amusing to me because I have wondered before how wizards would react to that tradition. James acted almost exactly as I imagined, too. Lily and James were definitely my favorite people. I liked the way they seemed appropriately younger than in PU and PR. They're fledgling parents still,and their is more freshness than familiarity in their romance. Lily's attitude towards Sirius is nicely explained as well.

The beginning of the Sirius bit is truly inspired. The building of the suspense and then the innocent-eyed little kids outside the door are a great combination. I laughed out loud. Poor children.. the parents must have thought he was drunk or something.

More Lily and James. Tee hee. The mix of serious conversation and delightful flirtation is well-done, and takes place in a very short amount of time. And the last line is.. special. ;) Are we going to get an explanation on why there aren't any further children?

And Moody. Me loffs Moody, especially when he's testing his protegees' CONSTANT VIGILANCE! That's my favorite line in the whole piece: "Trick or treat, Dumbass." His appearance is particularly welcome because he gets killed off before PU and PR. The banter with Sirius, both sincere and not, is delightful.

The moment with the Weasleys is particulary good because it isn't unrealistically perfect. Like my family, the Weaselys are never calm and serene for more than I liked the Pritchards too, although I've forgotten precisely who they are.. Oh, well. I'm sure I'll run into them. The Gryffindor Quidditch team made a nice finale. Charlie is yet another character who we don't get to see later on, so it's nice to find him exactly the way I pictured him. It's easy to see why all the Weaselys miss him so much.

The overall theme of this fic is really lovely. It highlights the first day of divergence between canon and the UU, and it brings up the eternal question of which universe is objectively better for its citizens. I guess we'll never know. Great job!

witch heart

*who is wearing red pajamas. Long, soft, cozy, red pajamas

*who wonders why people ever wear anything besides red pajamas

*who wishes Robin a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year