Reviews for The Not Yet Requested Copy
silvren ithildin chapter 5 . 11/30/2004
wait a minute... how did faramir come to be on earth? you could have mabye put a bit on that... anyway good job, remember to ask me if you need help especially if it concerns french, japanese or to a minimum spanish... talk lata!
Earendil Eldar chapter 5 . 11/30/2004
Gee, i just love Faramir! You write him so well, with such understanding of his truest character. And to think... you haven't even exacted any torture on the poor dear.
LalaithoftheBruinen chapter 5 . 11/30/2004
New chappie! Excellent! A little short, but I liked it. Wish there was a little more interaction between Carl and Faramir...That would have been interesting. Can't wait for the next chapter! Happy Holidays! Hugs and bunnies!
Raksha The Demon chapter 5 . 11/30/2004
Liked this chapter. Impressive use of Latin! I laughed at Carl's term 'kingdom of dust' for the oldest corner of the library; and Faramir's instant recognition of that phrase.
Breon Briarwood chapter 5 . 11/30/2004
That was kind of cool, having the two characters meet! I can't wait to see what's next on the list. :D
KERNTKitty chapter 4 . 11/23/2004
This is good, I like how Faramir keeps surprising everyone. I would review each chapter, but I read it all at once, so it takes too much time to review every chapter. But I like it a lot, especially the Entish!
LalaithoftheBruinen chapter 4 . 11/23/2004
Excellent! I loved this! I can't wait for the next chapter! Hugs and bunnies!
Jo March95 chapter 2 . 11/23/2004
I am sorry, but this chapter was terrible to read. Not the plot, it was fine and certain aspects were nice, but the grammar and spelling. Ack! Such as:

"The Hobbits was quit talkative." Let's hope you mean 'quite' talkative.

"The men was evolving themselves into whatever conversation was most interesting for the moment." Okay, I hope that the men weren't evolving into anything... especially the conversation. And it would be, 'The men WERE ENVOLVING themselves into whatever conversation was most interesting at the moment.'

'"He never were good at counting." Eowyn smiled wickedly. "Drunk or sober he never could count."' Well, obviously Eowyn has had one too many ales herself. It should be 'He never was good at count.'

"I believe I have heard that is a treat that most of the Rohan men share." A treat that they all share? I've never heard of that so I believe I would be correct in think that it is perhaps... a 'trait'?

"...Rohan does not share it." Do not share it! Get your tenses straight.

'The others around the table had begun to realise they had missed the cause of his silence, and was enquiring about it.' Oh the horror! Please... stop!

'The others around the table had begun to realize that they had missed the cause of his silence; (whose... this is not clear) and were enquiring about it.'

'Faramir being polite and not wanting to offend would not speak the tale. Eowyn saw it as her duty as his sister to inform them of the details. The tale combined with Eomer's dumbstruck expression soon had everyone laughing at the King whom had made himself the fool.'

Ahahahaha... I can't even start. This whole thing is a big mess, but I will finish what I started.

'Faramir, being polite and not wanting to offend Eomer, would not speak the tale; Eowyn saw it as her duty as his sister to inform them of all the details. The tale, combinded with Eomer's dumbstruck expression, soon had everyone laughing at the King who had made himself a fool.'

Well, that was a messy job and I'm glad to be done with it. Hopefully this will help you with any more chapters that you plan to write. Believe me, I did this for your sake, not to flame you, but to help you. Gosh, my stories -before the edit- have looked worse that this.

Jo March
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 11/23/2004
I loved this chapter,the translation was fun and I enjoyed the way Aragorn tries to make Faramir more relaxed in his company, a theme I'm exploring in my story too.I thought the discussions about languages and ale a good way to draw Faramir out.I look forward to more
Silver Sniper chapter 4 . 11/23/2004
An excellent piece, once again!
silvren ithildin chapter 3 . 11/19/2004
sorry i havint reviewed sooner... I was wordering if you wanted some help... I speak french quite fluently and would be quite willing to help. This is very entertaining, wonder who the person is. lol! please update again soon my e-mail is ringofpower talk soon!
Random-Battlecry chapter 3 . 11/17/2004
That was very interesting with the Swedish thing! Faramir's great, inne? :) Anyway fantastic writing, you're doing awesome, and I hope you keep posting fics.
Random-Battlecry chapter 2 . 11/17/2004
This is great characterization of Faramir, by the way.
Random-Battlecry chapter 1 . 11/17/2004
Hey, Mat, finally found your story! I like reviewing so you can expect several from me. Good first chapter, and extremely polite comments from you I must say... :)
LalaithoftheBruinen chapter 3 . 11/16/2004
This is very good! I love it! Keep up the good work! I hope you update soon! Hugs and bunnies!
433 | « Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 Next »