Reviews for The Not Yet Requested Copy
Guest chapter 44 . 6/11/2013
It'll be nice if Faramir can teach Sharpe some appreciation for Middle-earth's kings. It's also nice that Faramir keeps running into all these alternate universe copies of Boromir; it's almost as if he gets to be with his brother again. It's rather sweet. :)
Guest chapter 43 . 6/11/2013
A balrog could certainly do the trick of getting rid of all of Aragorn's paperwork for him. Normally, they're a little big, but perhaps you could get a mini-balrog from the Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth. I've adopted a mini-balrog of my own that I have found in the wild (courtesy of a particularly bad author), and I would happily lend little 'souroman' to Aragorn as a paper incinerator. XD
Guest chapter 42 . 6/11/2013
I really, really like this chapter, even if it has been probably a year or more since I saw National Treasure I. I have the second (which I almost consider better than the first in all ways save for its lack of Sean Bean) , but the first belonged to relatives and so I'm a little rusty on it. Can't remember how Shaw died. Oh, well, enjoyed this fic very much in spite of that. Faramir's words are spot on target, and spoken with all of his usual wisdom and gentleness. Well done, sir, well done.
Guest chapter 41 . 6/11/2013
Who in Middle-earth let Lord Demeni get in charge of sending a note of good will to the Portuguese?! Just THINK of all the things that could go wrong, and nearly did! Good thing Faramir was there to sort them out. Haha, Demeni's errors seem to get funnier and funnier each time... "May they live happily till they rot," indeed. XD

On another note, due to my humble efforts, the review counter for this fic now stands at 400. *pumps fist* YES!
Guest chapter 40 . 6/11/2013
Ahahahaha, Eomr and Aragorn are a bit wiser about what to do with a mysterious Portuguese crate this time. No blaming them; who knows what they should find if they open it up?

The descriptions of Faramir in the rain are also quite nice; I like the comparison of the water running down his back to the Anduin. Ha. At the very least, yes, it would be useless to toss him in the fountain. However, they never did figure out the pineapple... lol.
Werde Spinner chapter 39 . 6/11/2013
I am now happily picturing the puzzled expressions on all the solders' faces when Sharpe recites something in French. Ha! I like how he thinks that having met Faramir is at least good for something... the practicality of a true soldier there.
Werde Spinner chapter 38 . 6/11/2013
"He was pretty sure the world was not supposed to do that." - Ahahaha, great way of describing the transition through the Kingdom of Dust from one land to the next... or, if Middle-earth is our world many, many years ago, I guess that meanst from one era to a much later one.

It's nice to see that Faramir can relate to Sharpe as easily as he does, having had all his practice with Boromir. He doesn't get offended or upset; he takes it all and he speaks with all the wisdom we've come to expect out of Faramir. "I do not love the arrow for its swiftness," indeed. *bows*
Werde Spinner chapter 37 . 6/11/2013
Oh, I've seen Hidalgo, no need to hide spoilers from me. Have you seen the pictures of where Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan arrived at the premiere riding stick horses? Hilarious!

I also like the joke about Eomer's horse not particularly caring what happened to the fence. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 36 . 6/11/2013
There is nothing wrong with an evil laugh, at least in moderation. So the good lord Demeni strikes again, eh? A tactful way for Faramir to deal with the situation might be to hand the man a dictionary - with pronunciations. It might help. Did they have dictionaries back then? One would think they did. Hmm...
Werde Spinner chapter 35 . 6/11/2013
Ahahaha, Friar Carl himself finally took the pathway through the wardrobe - excuse me, through the Kingdom of Dust - and ended up in the library of Minas Tirith. I love how he didn't notice the fact until Faramir pointed it out! Truly, he is a scholar buried in his books. I know the feeling - looking up at the clock and wondering, "How did it get so late?!" It's nice to see that he and Aragorn get along, and it's also amusing that Aragorn notices the resemblance between Carl and Faramir while Faramir denies any such thing. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 34 . 6/11/2013
It's always quite nice to read a conversation between Carl and Faramir; they seem to be getting along as friends quite splendidly. Of course, two scholars surrounded by people who prefer to fight battles probably do look to each other for a sort of moral support.
Werde Spinner chapter 33 . 6/11/2013
And, as I expected, Faramir comes in to save the day and rescue Sharpe from the Kingdom of Dust. I like how they all notice his resemblance to Boromir! Oh, if only they knew. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 32 . 6/11/2013
Once again, I am running out of positive things to say. I have said them all, annd yet more still need to be said! Truly, it is a terrible dilemma. However, I love seeing the counter for reviews creep towards 400, and so I shall keep reviewing, even when I find it hard to say what needs to be said.

Another crossover! Cheers. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 31 . 6/11/2013
Awww, Mother's Day in Gondor. The children are very sweet here, even if I can never remember which one is older than which. Eowyn's threat to punch Faramir in the jaw also seems pretty much in character, yep. ;)
Werde Spinner chapter 30 . 6/11/2013
This would be a perfect time to vote for Sean Bean and David Wenham to be brothers again, but, sadly, as you say my vote cannot count twice I shall have to refrain.

Speaking of David Wenham playing friars, he did Fr. Damien in 'Molokai' or whatever that film was called. Arranging a mini crossover with that would be hard, though.
433 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »