Reviews for The Not Yet Requested Copy
Werde Spinner chapter 29 . 6/11/2013
If Faramir could decipher that Aragorn would eat a whole bowl of Eowyn's stew. - Aragorn, you should know better than to ever say things like that. Of COURSE you'll have to eat some of it. And so, naturally, it happens... poor Aragorn.

I also LOVE the idea of Arwen and Eowyn in cahoots (and with Merry and Pippin, no less... the little rascals) to try to get their husbands to eat. Aragorn and Faramir think they know what is really going on here... and of course they don't. Yay for Arwen and Eowyn! :)
Werde Spinner chapter 28 . 6/11/2013
"Faramir, I think this book is broken." Honestly, Aragorn gets more and more (unintentionally) funny with each chapter. I never thought Aragorn could be funny and believable like this, but there you go. You are just that awesome of a writer.

Aragorn and Faramir's game of stealing each other's work is also a delight to watch. I can't wait to see what sort of tricks they will try next.
Werde Spinner chapter 27 . 6/11/2013
Poor Eowyn. It's not easy being married to a bookworm like Faramir. Yeah, your safest bet might very well just be to threaten to burn the book. That would certainly get his attention! I don't know how long it would keep it... She'll just have to hide the book somewhere... and change the lock on the library doors or something.
Werde Spinner chapter 26 . 6/11/2013
Faramir tried to think of a perfectly polite and respectful way to tell one's King that one believed that he was losing his mind. He seemed to be at loss of expressions for that situation. - Ahahahaha, priceless! But Aragorn seemed to believe it is a perfectly rational explanation, so who's to doubt him?

He had often helped Boromir write out his reports, just to keep those who had to read them sane. Deciphering Boromir's scrawl was enough to send a man into madness at times. - Ahahaha, I can see that as being perfectly in character for Boromir. He wouldn't have the patience to write all neat and tidy, not like his exacting little brother. Nope, he'd just jot down whatever and goodness knows what it looks like to everyone else.

Ah, Candide. What an odd little story. Had to read it for literature. That's from the very end of it. The teacher went off talking about weird things for that lecture and so the class privately decided that the last line must be the moral of the story. That teacher tended to go off on random tangents a lot...
Werde Spinner chapter 25 . 6/11/2013
Oh, this was priceless! Mir decides to take Barladro to task. Naturally he imitates his mother. I don't imagine too many Gondorian noblemen have ever been sent to bed early without their supper by the Steward's three-year-old son! Hopefully, it will be a lesson he will not be slow to forget. Let's just hope he doesn't try to exact revenge in some nefarious manner or other.
Werde Spinner chapter 24 . 6/11/2013
May I just take a moment to comment on how perfectly lovely Eomer is in this chapter? I really like the way he looks after Faramir. And then how he can't stand to sit around and do nothing, so he takes to sharpening everything he can get his hands on... Boromir's solution for boredom is also particularly prize. Step 1: Find orc. Step 2: Kill orc. Step 3: Sharpen blade. Step 4: Repeat. XD

Oh, and the culprits' last words was particularly funny in its appropriateness. Well, did you really expect anything else with an angry Eomer and angry Aragorn after you?
Werde Spinner chapter 23 . 6/11/2013
Oh, no, poor Faramir... Eomer's immediate impulse to go hack down whoever is responsible shows a good degree of concern and protectiveness for the little quiet quiet who can't hold his ale. XD A very Eomer thing to do.
Werde Spinner chapter 22 . 6/11/2013
NOOOOOO, don't torture the poor dear! Whhyyyyyyy...

Oh, and wwwhhhhhyyyy must it be the German people to do this to poor Faramir? No, Faramir, I assure you, we don't all want to kill you! Some of us love you just the way you are.

Is this village near the Halifirien? Must be.
Werde Spinner chapter 21 . 6/11/2013
Ahahaha. At least Faramir and Eomer can share an appreciation for insulting idiots in multiple languages... ahaha, that is indeed one of the benefits to studying foreign languages - although it does make it better if one of your friends is there who can giggle over it with you afterwards...
Werde Spinner chapter 20 . 6/11/2013
Hahahaha. I was actually expecting the fruit to be a banana until Eomer had the reaction to it he did. And then he. buried. the. cheese. He actually buried the cheese. NOOOOOOO, the crimes against cheese!

I love it whenever Eomer is in this story. He just has the funniest reactions to random things. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 19 . 6/11/2013
Ahahahahaha! The funniest part about this is undeniably the part where Aragorn suspects the DESK of spitting out notes to him in a foreign language! Ahaha, start with the most logical theory first, why don't you, Aragorn? Instead of, you know, the Steward who is a confirmed polyglot? Ahahahahha.
Werde Spinner chapter 18 . 6/11/2013
Ahahaha, when Merry and Pippin cannot get Faramir to do what they want with food, they just go to Arwen and /make/ Faramir do what they want. The two tricksy little Hobbitses... who would ever believe they are that sly? They should probably work on their fake-innocent looks, though. XD It fools no one.
Werde Spinner chapter 17 . 6/11/2013
Well, Merry and Pippin, did you /really/ think you could learn a language that Faramir did not already know? Ha! You have never been so wrong in all your life. Faramir knows everything.

I also like Aragorn's assumption that anytime Merry and Pippin are up to something food must be involved somehow. They're hobbits; what else should he expect? XD Pippin seemed to like the kidnapping idea... Uh-oh. *edges away cautiously*
Werde Spinner chapter 16 . 6/11/2013
Ooh, branching out into the Slavic languages now, are we? Nice change of pace. (At least, I assume Czech is Slavich. *glances around worriedly*) I like Friar Carl's reasoning that anyone who goes into the Kingdom of Dust must be a little bit crazy. Naturally. We bibliophiles don't see the world quite like everyone else does, do we?

I also love the book that keeps trying to get away. Sometimes they really do seem to do that. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 15 . 6/11/2013
"What makes you think we would understand Swahili? We've never even heard of it." Ahahaha, Merry for the win.

The hobbits' reasoning is simply priceless here. Of course they would make Faramir carry the food - if one of them did so, they would /certainly/ eat it before they were halfway to the picnic spot. I love how they claim that they 'stole' Faramir. And they want to fatten him up to Hobbit standards. Good luck, Merry and Pippin. But then I guess that's how hobbits show they care - with food. XD It's very adorable of them.
433 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »