Reviews for The Not Yet Requested Copy
Werde Spinner chapter 39 . 6/11/2013
I am now happily picturing the puzzled expressions on all the solders' faces when Sharpe recites something in French. Ha! I like how he thinks that having met Faramir is at least good for something... the practicality of a true soldier there.
Werde Spinner chapter 38 . 6/11/2013
"He was pretty sure the world was not supposed to do that." - Ahahaha, great way of describing the transition through the Kingdom of Dust from one land to the next... or, if Middle-earth is our world many, many years ago, I guess that meanst from one era to a much later one.

It's nice to see that Faramir can relate to Sharpe as easily as he does, having had all his practice with Boromir. He doesn't get offended or upset; he takes it all and he speaks with all the wisdom we've come to expect out of Faramir. "I do not love the arrow for its swiftness," indeed. *bows*
Werde Spinner chapter 37 . 6/11/2013
Oh, I've seen Hidalgo, no need to hide spoilers from me. Have you seen the pictures of where Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan arrived at the premiere riding stick horses? Hilarious!

I also like the joke about Eomer's horse not particularly caring what happened to the fence. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 36 . 6/11/2013
There is nothing wrong with an evil laugh, at least in moderation. So the good lord Demeni strikes again, eh? A tactful way for Faramir to deal with the situation might be to hand the man a dictionary - with pronunciations. It might help. Did they have dictionaries back then? One would think they did. Hmm...
Werde Spinner chapter 35 . 6/11/2013
Ahahaha, Friar Carl himself finally took the pathway through the wardrobe - excuse me, through the Kingdom of Dust - and ended up in the library of Minas Tirith. I love how he didn't notice the fact until Faramir pointed it out! Truly, he is a scholar buried in his books. I know the feeling - looking up at the clock and wondering, "How did it get so late?!" It's nice to see that he and Aragorn get along, and it's also amusing that Aragorn notices the resemblance between Carl and Faramir while Faramir denies any such thing. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 34 . 6/11/2013
It's always quite nice to read a conversation between Carl and Faramir; they seem to be getting along as friends quite splendidly. Of course, two scholars surrounded by people who prefer to fight battles probably do look to each other for a sort of moral support.
Werde Spinner chapter 33 . 6/11/2013
And, as I expected, Faramir comes in to save the day and rescue Sharpe from the Kingdom of Dust. I like how they all notice his resemblance to Boromir! Oh, if only they knew. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 32 . 6/11/2013
Once again, I am running out of positive things to say. I have said them all, annd yet more still need to be said! Truly, it is a terrible dilemma. However, I love seeing the counter for reviews creep towards 400, and so I shall keep reviewing, even when I find it hard to say what needs to be said.

Another crossover! Cheers. XD
Werde Spinner chapter 31 . 6/11/2013
Awww, Mother's Day in Gondor. The children are very sweet here, even if I can never remember which one is older than which. Eowyn's threat to punch Faramir in the jaw also seems pretty much in character, yep. ;)
Werde Spinner chapter 30 . 6/11/2013
This would be a perfect time to vote for Sean Bean and David Wenham to be brothers again, but, sadly, as you say my vote cannot count twice I shall have to refrain.

Speaking of David Wenham playing friars, he did Fr. Damien in 'Molokai' or whatever that film was called. Arranging a mini crossover with that would be hard, though.
Werde Spinner chapter 29 . 6/11/2013
If Faramir could decipher that Aragorn would eat a whole bowl of Eowyn's stew. - Aragorn, you should know better than to ever say things like that. Of COURSE you'll have to eat some of it. And so, naturally, it happens... poor Aragorn.

I also LOVE the idea of Arwen and Eowyn in cahoots (and with Merry and Pippin, no less... the little rascals) to try to get their husbands to eat. Aragorn and Faramir think they know what is really going on here... and of course they don't. Yay for Arwen and Eowyn! :)
Werde Spinner chapter 28 . 6/11/2013
"Faramir, I think this book is broken." Honestly, Aragorn gets more and more (unintentionally) funny with each chapter. I never thought Aragorn could be funny and believable like this, but there you go. You are just that awesome of a writer.

Aragorn and Faramir's game of stealing each other's work is also a delight to watch. I can't wait to see what sort of tricks they will try next.
Werde Spinner chapter 27 . 6/11/2013
Poor Eowyn. It's not easy being married to a bookworm like Faramir. Yeah, your safest bet might very well just be to threaten to burn the book. That would certainly get his attention! I don't know how long it would keep it... She'll just have to hide the book somewhere... and change the lock on the library doors or something.
Werde Spinner chapter 26 . 6/11/2013
Faramir tried to think of a perfectly polite and respectful way to tell one's King that one believed that he was losing his mind. He seemed to be at loss of expressions for that situation. - Ahahahaha, priceless! But Aragorn seemed to believe it is a perfectly rational explanation, so who's to doubt him?

He had often helped Boromir write out his reports, just to keep those who had to read them sane. Deciphering Boromir's scrawl was enough to send a man into madness at times. - Ahahaha, I can see that as being perfectly in character for Boromir. He wouldn't have the patience to write all neat and tidy, not like his exacting little brother. Nope, he'd just jot down whatever and goodness knows what it looks like to everyone else.

Ah, Candide. What an odd little story. Had to read it for literature. That's from the very end of it. The teacher went off talking about weird things for that lecture and so the class privately decided that the last line must be the moral of the story. That teacher tended to go off on random tangents a lot...
Werde Spinner chapter 25 . 6/11/2013
Oh, this was priceless! Mir decides to take Barladro to task. Naturally he imitates his mother. I don't imagine too many Gondorian noblemen have ever been sent to bed early without their supper by the Steward's three-year-old son! Hopefully, it will be a lesson he will not be slow to forget. Let's just hope he doesn't try to exact revenge in some nefarious manner or other.
443 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »