Reviews for A Sort of Homecoming
arysani chapter 5 . 6/10/2008
Yay Alucier stories :)

"Dashums"! Ha! How fun.

This was supercute and fun to read - there really should be an Alucier fanclub...I'd totally join.
arysani chapter 3 . 6/10/2008
Aw. Dammit. And here I am reading this after him and Marqesita have their "conversation" in "Intrigues"...

But they're all so damned adorable. I love his family.

And I am a total supporter of the Revius/Damise cause. Not that there is a cause all organized or anything. But that would be ubercute. Their sarcastic barbing back and forth? It would be a match made in heaven...
penwalker chapter 5 . 11/2/2005
God, I was giving up hope you would update! Finally...you updated this fiction AND your profile. Yippee! Congratulations on finishing yet another story. _ I'm still working on reposting 'Soulmates' chapter by chapter. It's up to seven now...

Did I ever mention you're my author hero? *blushes* Your style is something I find myself envying, adoring, and cursing. You have such raw talent! Ugh...you're hard to compete with. :) But I am so glad you have your fictions on FFnet. It's wonderful to have such interesting stories to read.

Speaking of good stories...did I mention this is marvelous? It's a nice little interlude between Girl and Always. I am, as always, anxiously awaiting the next thrilling chapter in this Eries saga you have created.

Your humble fan...Meghanna Starsong :P
Ghost Flame chapter 5 . 10/30/2005
Stupid thing whould not let me log-in. Oh well. Onto other ! You finished the story! It's actually kind of funny because I was composing this super long review at the time impatiently (but sympathetically) bugging you to update. It was a good wrap-up chapter and I enjoyed it, as I usually do. It's looking pretty good for Alucier right now I'd say. Set up to be the next head Caeli, check; better perspective on his childhood home, check. Except for the last wedding for this generation comment. Alucier should definitely get married. As long as the girl (who ever it may be) is cool. Yeah, it'd be kinda cool if, somehow, all the taboos of society were jumped and he got with Sita (even though she seems to be kind of slu... uhh... free spirited) because they seem to be fairly well matched in the few scenes we've actually seen them interact with each other. (I can just picture Sita and Damise meeting, I think either I'll love each other or hate each other because they are so much alike) But I'd much rather those taboos be jumped for Allen and Eries.

I feel like I'm the only reviewer who really wants Eries to get with Allen and not Alucier. I mean I know that Alucier's great, but I never saw that kind of a connection between them at all. The thought didn't even occur to me until I read your alternate ending to 'Girl.' Then I thought briefly about it and decided in was "too weird" and that was it. And yes, the Allen that appears in 'Girl' really, really, doesn't deserve Eries (sleeping around, denial, general stupidness) but at least, at points, there is interest there. And he gets better in 'Always' (I had to keep telling my friend that while she was reading 'Girl') Actually, I had three of my friends read your stories. They all liked them by different degrees. Even the aforementioned "Allen Hater" is drawing a fairly extensive comic of a scene from 'Always.' It's incredibly well done, but I really just should have them review for themselves.

I have to say, I'm really glad that you didn't kill off King Aston at the end of 'Always.' I've always felt that if Allen and Eries get together after he dies it would be, well, cheating. Since he is, obviously, a huge obstacle to whatever kind of relationship it is that they want, it would be wrong to just get rid of him. I have a difficult time seeing Aston give his approval, even if Allen worked really hard at earning it. My "Allen hater" friend and I talked about it and we thought it would be more likely that Eries would get married without approval. That would cause massive amounts of conflict, but then again, Eries is a very strong person (and Allen is certainly stronger than he was). I'm very curious to see how you will handle that.

I think that I have gotten so into your stories largely because I can relate so well to Eries. She's the kind of heroine I wish that there were more of. She's so collected and practical but she can be vulnerable too. It's so frustrating because it seems like she's under appreciated even though she's a strong person whom a lot of other characters rely on for that strength. All of your characters are very believable, even if they are not always likable, and that's a rare thing, I think. I don't think that I will ever like Millerna (I flat-out hated her before), but she is realistic. Yay for well-written coming-of-age stories! In a class I took last year, we discussed the differences between love and infatuation, and I think the maturation of Eries love for Allen at the end of 'Always' was really sweet. Though I must say, I am not convinced at all that Allen and Marlene loved each other. I think that they thought that they did, but I think infatuation drove a lot of their actions because they never really seemed to be friends, just lovers. I would like to see Allen have a little bit of competition for Eries from an actual eligible match. It would be interesting to see Allen sweat a little for once.

Hm... that ended up being really long (though better than the "good chapter, write more" reviews that I used to write, I hope) . I'll just hope that you'll appreciate the endless blabbing that I'm sure I could have let go on much longer.

Ghost Flame

P.S. Is there birth control on Gaia? Revius' comment at the beginning of this story sort of implied that, but I wouldn't have thought that there would be. There is some sleeping around, especially by Revius (which bothers me some because sex is powerful and really shouldn't be misused. I'm glad Allen finally seemed to realize that), but there are also large families and people like, on we'll say Marlene, that get pregnant... um... fairly quickly. I don't really know what got me thinking about that, inquiring minds, I guess. And (I promise, this is it) grammar error that I noticed because my mother has drilled it into my head. It's sons-in-law not son-in-laws, I know it's stupid and doesn't really matter, but I thought I'd say it anyway.
Ron and his Sakura chapter 5 . 10/25/2005
it's always a pleasure to read your work, and we are VERY MUCH looking forward to part 3 of the trilogy. WE'RE GOING TO HOLD YOU TO THAT MONTHLY UPDATE SCHEDULE! YAY!

(hS still hopes you'll consider pairing up E with Alucier. Oh, come on, you know you really enjoyed writing that alternative ending to Girl!)

as for Dryden, heheheh, we'll try to put out our next chapter Dec or Jan. we're moving early next month so hS' original work will come to a screeching halt for a few weeks and she might just use D-files as a warm up to restarting her writing muscles.
Kenta Divina chapter 5 . 10/23/2005
Heh - I still adore your characture banter. This the last chapter? So sad! Thank you so very much for sticking it out though, because there are too many authors who never finish their stories and leave the poor readers hanging forever.
Rad chapter 5 . 10/23/2005
*Applauds*

You're starting the third part of the trilogy next year? That's only two months away! *Innocent look* _

I would love to read the song that Hillaine came up with. :)

The only thing I was confused about was Revius' line, "Tell you what, I’ll give you Seclas and Allen for Eries." And... remind me again who Seclas is? *Ep*

Look forward to the third part!

* Rad
Fanelian chapter 4 . 10/2/2005
Ah! "Dairy Days"... it's bound to keep me smiling for the weekend. Excelent, as always, and, as always, it'd be great to have more of it. )
VirginiaWeston chapter 4 . 5/5/2005
Another update! Your vivid original characters are doing a wonderful job of supporting the story all on their own, though a cameo by Eries or Allen would be *squee-worthy*! The depth of characterisation and subtle movements of the plot are an enjoyable read as always. I look forward to the next update! (And the Eries sequel? *hopefull*)
Rad chapter 4 . 4/2/2005
O! Suspense! What will happen with Revius and the father? *Wiggles in chair*

I still love this, you spitting out chapters faster than any other writer on my faves list. Gave me something to do for my spring break! And something to look forward to. Keep up the good work!
Ghost Flame chapter 4 . 3/26/2005
I was so happy to see an update to this story I let out a WOOT! (My dog then looked at me like I was an idiot, something I'm afraid I make him do often... but I digress)

It was nice to see a conversation between Alucier and Damise. I think it showed how close they are. Even though Damise is apparently his closest sister, (and a strong character)it would be interesting to see how Alucier interacts with some of his other sisters. I liked the "double standard" between the two and Alucier brought up some very valid points concerning Sita. (Though I sespect that my inner hopeless romantic is not so easily deterred).

Wow, that was a lot of rambling, anyway, this was another excellent chapter, you write conversations and realistic charaters so well. The talk Alucier will be having with Revius is bound to be an interesting one. Thanks and please update as soon as you can! ;)

P.S. I loved the "Dairy Days" thing. It was quite an amusing detail. :)SMILE:)
penwalker chapter 4 . 3/25/2005
yay! i'm so thrilled to see you updated. i kept checking over the pass couple of months when i had some free time. nice to see how the story is progressing. i'm really glad you did decide to give us a snapshot more into alucier's life...and make certain hints about what your next eries fiction will hold. as always, a pleasure reading your stories. _
Ron and his Sakura chapter 4 . 3/23/2005
whee! u updated! story is striking VERY close to home for hS-her mom keeps making coments about her getting pregnant at the most bizarre moments...unfortunately her little bro is a dork, not at all like Al, and not good for heart to heart conversations.

had to laugh about the Dairy Days-did u grow up in wisconsin? we had a friend wholived in a teeny town where the greatest honor for a girl was to be Cheese Queen.

very interested to see the next interaction btw Rev and Al. although given the political nature of the post, we doubt that any understanding that the 2 of them come to would be the final say in the matter.

post soon!
Miraba chapter 3 . 3/18/2005
My cheecks are starting to hurt from grinning so much. Much thanks for the first three chapters.
Animejo chapter 3 . 3/15/2005
You are MERCILESS! Finish this fic. It's the same quality as your others and they are all fantastic pieces of work. Don't keep your readers in suspense! And when's that sequel to the Eries stories going to come out?