Reviews for How & Why
beanzhead chapter 8 . 4/22
I hope you still read reviews. I just read this for the first time and holy shit the slow burn you have is immaculate. Completely in character, the push and pull of the relationship, the unmatched feral feeling of teenage love and hormones. I wish I could read it again for the first time. Genuinely thank you for writing this
Only If You Wish It chapter 1 . 2/23
I bookmarked this fic back in 2009, wow I feel old, lol.

I, like many, have transferred to AO3 for most of my fics needs. However, on occasion, there will be one specific fic I'll remember from ffn and I'll come sign in to see if it's still here and give it a reread. This almost inevitably ends with me going to my bookmarked fics and rereading all of them with much nostalgia and tears.

I don't know if you're still active here or if you still get your notifs for this, but I just. I can't fathom not letting you know how much this fic has meant to me.

This fic was one of The First Fics I ever read. GaaSaku was one of my first ships. I don't even know if I can articulate what it means to me. I have reread this fic countless times, literally. I have really nothing to do with Naruto anymore and I don't even ship GaaSaku anymore but I still love this fic so damn much. I was around 14 the first time I read this fic, and you genuinely have shaped my entire relationship with fics with this story. I love this fic more than most printed books. I have saved it probably a billion different ways in hopes of never losing it, it's been downloaded on every Nook I've ever owned. Throughout the years I have taken it with me on planes and to mountains and on car rides.

It's really just excellent all around, but I want to point out one scene that always, Always, gets me. When Gaara is hurt by Sakura and he still let's her close afterwards, giving her a hug, and she realizes that he doesn't truly trust her but he cares about her enough to risk getting hurt again.

That scene. I can't explain it. You changed my entire outlook on romance with that scene. I'm aro (didn't realize it until college) and I've never really understood people who say "but I love him" or "but he loves me" and use that as a starting point. But in that scene, I felt Gaara's desperation, going against his instincts to trust her cause he wants so badly to be able to, and honestly I have never managed to get that scene from my head.

"He might trust her after all, she decided. Or he might just want to badly enough to risk her hurting him again."

That line haunts me in the best of ways. When I write fics, I strive to include something so poignant, so flawlessly done and delivered. I have no idea if I have managed it myself, but I wanted to come back here and leave this review to make sure you knew that you had. Your writing has stayed with me for years and I can't imagine being involved with fanfiction the way I am now if I hadn't read it. Your fic gave me understanding I couldn't find anywhere else and I want to thank you from the depths of my heart for sharing this.

Wishing you only the very very best~ 3
CherryTheRose chapter 8 . 2/4
thank you for your time and effort. amazing 3
Se-ono-waise-ilia chapter 1 . 2/2
Thanks for your writing!
Se-ono-waise-ilia chapter 8 . 2/2
I LOVED THIS ROMANCE STORY!
Se-ono-waise-ilia chapter 7 . 2/2
This dialogue is so goooooooodddddddddd
Se-ono-waise-ilia chapter 6 . 2/2
I love how you write Gaara! He still maintains his primal ferocity, it just evolves in a teenage hormonal way. So interesting!
Se-ono-waise-ilia chapter 5 . 2/1
This dialogue is brilliant!
Se-ono-waise-ilia chapter 4 . 2/1
Such a great story! Love Tsunade's lines.
mandorakat chapter 1 . 11/1/2021
really good story. interesting take on a romance or the lead up at least.
heavenzfiend chapter 8 . 9/23/2021
This story was just simply amazing... I'm breathless at the end and wish it didn't stop! But it did end so beautifully and wrapped things up so nicely! Wonderfully written! Thank you for writing this :)
xela521 chapter 8 . 9/9/2021
Can we just take a second and appreciate how on point the relationship development is, like gaara was in character always. I could totally see this happening. He was still crazy as hell but the feeling he developed for her seems so plausible as if this was canon. This is a amazing read and ill definitely be back to re-read it.
AliceMalefoy chapter 8 . 8/14/2021
Lovely!
Vegeta'sNo.1 chapter 1 . 8/13/2021
Probably one of the shortest, but most definitely one of the best fics I have ever read (including other fandoms!) Thanksī¸
Indigo2004 chapter 7 . 6/8/2021
Just back for a reread!
awh how cute! Wonder how naruto and sasuke would react.
Thanks for the great fic!