Reviews for Painful Journeys
Msdib chapter 1 . 10/28/2017
Great story!
Anon chapter 13 . 8/6/2015
A brilliant story, I loved every bit of it! Well done
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
This was very good, and emotional for Nick and Greg. But they made it through in the end. And most importantly their friendship survived.
Helen Faulkner chapter 13 . 3/22/2013
Absolutely brilliant! I loved that fic from start to finish, was even telling my mum about it and she doesn't understand the whole fan fic world!

It was a really good ending too, it's too easy sometimes to just go, he's awake, he's being discharged, happy ending etc but you? You went just that little but further, showing that it is a happy ending in that they are both alive and the threat is over but that there are still scars that need to heal and going back to the theme running through this entire fic. Friendship!

I honestly hope you do write more, I will definately be looking out for more of your stories, it really was like reading a professional writer (well I suppose I have no proof that your not...) and I could absolutely picture each scene like it was a real episode.
I suppose if it was a real episode tho, we'd have to see more of the lab work and processing the scene and the reactions as they realise where all that blood came from ... Poor greggo, come here baby, I'll give you a hug and make it all better haha...

As for 4x4 I love that episode! Not only the shower scene - not nearly enough Greg for my taste there - but the line afterwards "Sara, I just want you to know, while we were in the shower, I didn't see anything..." "Oh, I saw everything" haha lucky girl!

Thank you for a wonderful story, now back to reality and finding something else to read.
Helen Faulkner chapter 10 . 3/22/2013
Oh my god!

That chapter... I'm actually shaking!

I kind of figured that the only way to get crane away from Greg was for nick to play along, to make it sound like he hated Greg but ... Wow the wording used, it was perfect, it was cruel and heartless and it picked out perfectly every aspect of Greg's personality.
Poor Greg tho, having to listen to that and not have the where-with-all to know it was just a ploy... :(
Can't wait to see what happens next, please tell me that Nick can make it up to Greg!
Helen Faulkner chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Hi,
Ok I finally remembered my password so now I can review at last! Hooray

So first things first, this story is FANTASTIC! It has absolutely had me on the edge of my seat all week since I started reading. I was even almost late for work one morning because i couldnt put it down.

The interactions between Nick and Greg at the lab is just right, jokey yet serious, friendly yet there is still seniority there. Honestly, it feels like I am watching a real episode of CSI :)

I would have never figured Greg for a football fan but I guess we all do things for our friends that we dont necessarily like and I love the description of his music collection!

Sorry for disjointed comments, i am actually up to chapter 8 but this review is only for chapter 1 so i'm kind of skimming to remind myself of what happened at the beginning...

Hahaha the giant foam cowboy hat! That is so something our young Gregory would wear and OMG the suspense when Crane appeared, I wondered who it was going to be when we found out he was being followed.
The action at that point, the quick, menacing hello and the knocking out of Greg as a means to get Nick to cooperate and to get Gregs influence out of the way... magnificent, it was probably that paragraph that really got me hooked and that really means a lot because honestly I don't read many multi-chapter fics - I write a lot of them - but I tend to choose short stories that I can finish in one sitting for my reading pleasure. This is the point where you should feel humbled hahaha.

Well I think that covers the main points of this chappie - yell at me if you think I missed something.
I can't promise to review every chapter, I'm more of a finish the story and rave about the whole thing kind of girl, unless of course something grabs my attention and I absolutely have to let you know asap, but I want you to know I am really enjoying your writing so far and looking forward to reading more, although possibly not before the start of work hehe.

Keep up the excellent work!
Becky chapter 13 . 2/15/2013
Really good loved it. :)
hope for eternity chapter 13 . 3/1/2012
I know you finished this fic a good seven years ago, but its still awesome :D
Jods.Raine chapter 13 . 6/16/2011
Wow, this was fantastic! I love everything about this, especially your characterization on Nigel. Love the little bits of Greg humor and all the angst too.

This was truly amazing, one of the best kidnapping stories I've read
Ihni chapter 13 . 3/22/2011
Wow. That was awesome. I love the relationship between Greg and Nick as friends, and I love that Greg got more hurt by Nick saying those things than anything else. It was great. Thank you for writing this.
Servant05 chapter 13 . 8/19/2010
This was a really good story. The characters, the plot-line, the suspense, the cliffhangers, everything was written really well (and with not many spelling, grammar or punctuation errors! Whoo-hoo!). I loved this story.

The only things I had an issue with is when the Doctor was relaying information on Greg's condition, he failed to mention the severe head trauma and when Nick collapsed into the chair with the doctor standing right there, the doctor should have rushed to him and started asking him health questions to make sure he was okay. Other than that, MAGNIFICENT!

Thanks so much for the great story.
chocolatelover1 chapter 13 . 1/23/2010
lol Awesome. I love Greg! lol

Hes so flipping cute and funny and I just love how you characterized him!

Seriously dude, awesome job.
Secret Zia chapter 13 . 10/31/2009
an amazing story! keep up the great work!
Appreciates Fine Labrats chapter 13 . 7/25/2009
Wow. Best Greg and Nick fic ever. I love your easy way of writing and getting the characters spot on. The betrayal scene was just priceless. Wish there had been even more Greg angst though...Crane could've tortured him even more ;)

P.S. Please finish Miles in his Shoes..it's so amazing! I want to know how it ends.
Farrahmack chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
Thank god for summer! lol Great story