Reviews for Jake Carter, The Very Model of a Modern Major Gen
The Multiverse Project chapter 13 . 5/29/2016
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS OMG I wish I had found this when I was actively searching for Jacob&Selmak fanfic...when this was first written...gods
LockBox22 chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
Wow. Such a long and full chapter. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it!
Insert Name Here chapter 13 . 8/5/2013
Wow, so I just found this story and I ADORE it! You did so great with the characters! I thought it wrapped up a little fast, but it was so FANTASTIC! It was so emotionally crazy and touching and you had some of the funniest dialogue, like how the number of geishas kept increasing with every telling. At first I thought that was a mistake, but then I laughed out loud once I realised the truth. I could totally imagine a young Jacob and George being hell-raisers! I thought you really kept everyone in character, especially Jack and his smart-ass remarks. This was an amazing story, and I'm so honoured and happy that I got to read it. Thank you so much for that wild ride!
carick of hunter moon chapter 13 . 8/10/2010
Outstanding, one of the best SG1 stories, I have found on the fanfiction net thank you for a very good story
smithcrafter chapter 13 . 7/3/2007
I really, REALLY enjoyed this story. The relationship that developed between Jacob and Janet was totally unexpected, but it worked.
Razzbaby chapter 13 . 6/14/2007
Oh just finished reading this fic this morning. Wow. I liked it. Tears and all. Oh yeah, I'm such a mush! But it was so good! And I did like the connections with Janet and Jake. I wish you had a sequel with them together. Or maybe you and I just haven't read it yet. But this is one I'll be reading again.

I like how you made Selmak real, vividly so at times. Biting remarks included. LOL. I liked Jack's 180 about Selmak. I like how he was insecure about certain concepts, but was able to get beyond them in the end. I think he was already headed there before the end, but it still was very slick having O'Neill be the one to rescue both Selmak and Jake for each other.

I loved Vidrine in here...Iggy! LOL. And I would dearly love to know what Jake has on Harry! That's so good! Just too good!

I loved the humor at the end with Martouf as Jake went back to the Tok'ra. It was good.

I was bummed when they let the character die in the series. While it was done "naturally", Icouldn't help but think that there are more stories out there with Jake and Selmak. And I have to think that the transition or blending of Selmak and Jacob Carter would not have been an easy road to cross.

I love the history of friendship between George and Jacob too. These were 2 old warhorses who had flown together, stood with each other through thick and thin. They weren't just brothers in arms, they were true brothers.

Very cool. Sweet!
Razzbaby chapter 11 . 6/13/2007
Oh I had to see if you posted this here. I found it on another web site. This is excellent. I like the background story you've created for Jacob. I like the fact that he was a hell raiser with a George Hammond in his younger days. I liked how close the two men were through out their complex lives. You've given them depth and perception, desire and longing. It's all there.

I love the humor. I like Janet with Jacob. It's a different triangle and I have to admit it. It's interesting and fascinating.

Even though I love Jack O'Neill, Jacob Carter, Retired is a very interesting character. I loved when one of Selmak's previous hosts clipped O'Neill. And I have to tell you when Selmak bit Jack, I thougt WooHO! Very funny!

I have to tell you, I'll be checking out the other SG fics you've written.

Thanks for sharing!
Tribal Matriarch chapter 13 . 5/4/2007
Superb story, well written long but very enjoyable, fits into the time lines well too.
Belinda Wallis chapter 13 . 9/12/2006
I just finnished reading the whole of this novel, and wanted to say just how much I enjoyed it- the characters were great, except for Jack, who I think was a little to far over the top, I especially enjoyed the story of the friendship between George and Jake and the whole family relationships of both men, it was a great explanation of their character. Congrats!
Audrey Lynne chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
I know I mentioned this to you before, but I just adore this story...it was the first story I read that portrayed Selmak as I see her, too... :) And you know I love Jake!
Telsia-Cha'ris chapter 13 . 4/16/2006
Lovely :)

alternately laughed and cried through it but well worth reading
Shadowdancer9 chapter 13 . 3/15/2006
I just want to say that I just found this story and found it to be a great one to read. I hope you will write some more of this type of stories. I am enjoying your one on Hammond and look forward to more. I have you on my alerts so please write fast!
SeedC chapter 13 . 2/16/2006
Nice story! Best Jacob n Selmak I have read, ever. I hope there's a sequel.
taqukaq chapter 13 . 7/18/2005
WOW the BEST Jacob-Selmak story I have ever read!
TaraIngrid chapter 13 . 7/9/2005
This was a very brilliant and touching story. The scenes between Selmak and Jacob Carter... wow, you did a great job exploring their issues and also the burden of loss and pain that we all carry. I'm not so sure about the holograms, I think that they might have diverted from the story and to me didn't fit so well, also the whole NID fiasco at the end, not strictly necessary from the narrative point of view. For me it was a bit distracting to bring in a bogey man at that point when, til then, it was really a very human and emotion driven story. So I have to say I think the beginning was stronger than the end but overall I am very impressed. This is practically a novel, and it's a good one. Thank you.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »