Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Tony J. Hall chapter 18 . 2/10
Wow. I don't even know what to say. That was just... Incredible.

It's very rare fiction gets me worked up, but I shamelessly admit I was bawling like a baby during the death and funeral scenes. It's been a long time since any story has resonated with me so strongly.

I love this story; I love everything about it. The way you wrote the characters, and handled the romance felt so powerful, it was truly a unique experience for me. I think I can honestly say this story goes down as my favourite fanfiction of all time.

Although if I had one nitpick, I'd say that the trouble surrounding Ron felt manufactured and a tad bit contrived just to serve as a vehicle for other things that were going on. I'm not stranger to stories where Ron goes off the deep end, but this felt distinctly different than the rest of the story.
zizugoboom chapter 18 . 12/16/2014
this was such an amazing story. I am glad I stumbled across it. It is brilliantly written which allows you to feel everything the characters feel and share in every laugh and every tear. I do hope you find the time and the motivation to return to writing.
Deathday Party Planner chapter 18 . 9/26/2014
Thank you! Your story was recommended by a fan fiction friend and she was not wrong! I'm a Harmony fan and while I enjoy most HHr stories, this was truly special, taking me on an emotional rollercoaster as I went through more than a couple tissues. It's been more than seven years since you last posted, I hope you can find the RL opportunity and muse to return to HP fan fiction at some point, we are a poorer community without authors like you. Thank you again for this marvelous story!
datbenik513 chapter 18 . 9/7/2014
OK. So right now I officially hate you. You made me bawl my f...king eyebawls out on more than one occasion while reading this gem of yours.
I loved just about everything. Action, suspense, romance, a touch of lemon. I need to admit that I've yet to find a more convincing, more natural Harry/Tonks setting. Moreover, even being a non-native English speaker, I must commend you on the nicely flowing, natural writing void of grammar/punctuation etc Nargles.
Pity you haven't posted anything for almost a decade.
warrof chapter 18 . 7/12/2014
A truly excellent story... Actually made me cry... Thanks
Abaddorn chapter 18 . 7/6/2014
oh my god ... why is it so freaking touching ?! dammit why did tonks have to die !
DylanL chapter 18 . 7/4/2014
Great story and I love the way u told it. The story 'letters and notebooks' is similar in that it starts in the present and tells the story of the past except each chapter ends back in the present. Idk if u have read it or not but I thought it was pretty good. Anyways back to ur story, I love how emotionally charge u made it. Reading about tonks' death had me shedding tears along with harry. Just brilliant. The one complaint I have is that in the conversations u make it seem like hours have passed but from wat was said it couldn't have been that long. Other than that it was a great story, now I'm going to read the half prequel half sequel u wrote.
aSecondStory chapter 18 . 5/26/2014
Fantastic story! I am really glad I found it. Thank you for writing!
joshua.burlingame chapter 18 . 4/1/2014
This is probably one of my favorite stories on this site. The story is amazingly written and your prose is superb. Nothing comes across as forced or feeling like it was fake. From start to finish, the story and plot progress wonderfully and smoothly. I hate to embarass myself, but I cried throughout the last two chapters as I felt the loss you were trying to convey. I don't think there will be too many Honks stories that can surpass the skill in which this was written. Thank you for your contribution with this story. It is truly a work of art.
FireRebel chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Dude suede dude. Hyperventilating. Okay this is not gonna work. What a terrible beginning. And terrible is a relative term not pertaining to the writing style or quality of plot but the feels! I know I sound like a crazed fan girl. I should take a moment...
Guest chapter 18 . 2/11/2014
I loved this fic. I find that I have a criteria for a perfect fic IMO 1) The fic has to make me cry...check 2) The fic has to make me laugh...check and 3) The fic has to make me think...check. You matched all my criteria multiple times and for that I have to Thank You for writing a perfect fic that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. Your relationships between Harry/Tonks and Harry/Hermione were emotional and very enjoyable to read. You made Ron the prat he deserved to be and though I would have liked to have seen Harry kill the git your ending for him was poetic in that he died as he made his self...alone. The story was emotional at the end and I am man enough to say I cried when Tonks died and the chapters following. I am a Harmony shipper but have found I love a HONKS fic when it is good. And though this is both Harmony and Honks I loved every one of the 18 chapters that you wrote. So I will leave you with this Thank you.
Furrubell chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Incredibly good story :D
Runecutter chapter 18 . 12/13/2013
So beautiful, so beautiful, so beautiful.

Thanks for creating this work of beauty and sharing it with the world! I feel like it's a shame that this story has so comparatively few follows and reviews, it would deserve so much more feedback and love.
Runecutter chapter 16 . 12/13/2013
Aaand now it's coming around full circle...

Well i loved the story and its highly emotional roller coaster journey through those eventful days, but ... why did they keep this secret from their daughter? It sounds like a wonderful story and it's not like those two had in any way betrayed Tonks or her memory by standing to their departed friend yet still showing Erin the love she deserves. Holding the truth back from her seems so ... well, silly in comparison to the "worst" that might have happened otherwise.
Runecutter chapter 14 . 12/13/2013
A Death Eater cursing Hermione? Why can't i shake of the feeling that the bastard's Ron in dark wizard's robes? Especially since they'd mentioned "keyed to her"... as if the curse would have done something decidedly different when hitting Ms Granger...

What a blasted, unhappy way to come out with the truth... and now it's just become more complicated with Hermione carrying the child and Tonks dead the feelings will run haywire. Who could ever just "get over it" in such a situation?