Reviews for The Ties That Bind
MartinDeShade chapter 5 . 9/10
I can't finish reading this because it feels like your characters are just too stupid for words. It is obvious that she is being controlled but they are reacting like such a thing could happen.
katmom chapter 18 . 8/19
Thanks for sharing this sweetly sad story with us. It was unique and very well done.
Kathie
meg527 chapter 18 . 7/21
This is terrific! Thank you!
Okay, I'm no expert on Froensics, but I did take a class. O- Blood type takes up approximately 15% of the poulation. You would want AB- which takes up about1-3% of the poulation. This is well-written and enjoyable so far but that little detail annoyed me a bit. Thank you for your amazing contribution to
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 18 . 4/5
Interesting story. A little weird that he showed her all that sex stuff (like the James and Harry and Tonks) since it's his daughter, but I guess you immersed fully into the flashbacks.
Good work!
Huh. I thought she was gonna be Ron's kid
stevefocus chapter 18 . 1/12
Really great story has to be one of my favourites.
Temporal Knight chapter 18 . 1/5
Well that was certainly an emotional ride. I really enjoyed this story very much. Just a few final notes:
-The thing with Draco honestly confuses me a bit. You implied that he and Ginny were on-again/off-again for a while so the Aurors hunting for him for so long doesn't make much sense.
-I have to agree with the women about being astounded that Harry could forgive Ron. I for one would be beating him to death and then resurrecting him just so I could kill him again. What's worse is that canon Harry would do exactly what you had him do. Damn noble people making the rest of us normal folk look bad...
-The family ending and the talk with the parents was very nice. As was the whole portrait thing.

Overall this was a very sweet story and I'm glad to have stumbled across it. One of the better Tonks and Hermione stories wrapped in one package.
Temporal Knight chapter 15 . 1/5
Wow and I thought the last chapter was sad. Nope, this one sets a higher bar. At least you gave Ron a bit of an out instead of turning him into Ron The Death Eater (tvtropes) you gave him a bit of a justification for being a psychotic sadistic bastard. (Not that this in ANY WAY excuses his actions of course.) Should still get the Kiss in my opinion. Luna and Parvati? A hysterectomy? That's just so...normally I consider Umbridge to be the worst evil in the Harry Potter verse and rarely does Voldemort do something - excepting a few fanfics - that bump him higher but I think your Ron has really jumped up and put himself on par with the Umbitch.

I mean that as a compliment by the way; it's hard to reach that level of evil without being reduced to a cartoon impression of a character.
Temporal Knight chapter 14 . 1/5
Oh dear that was worse than I had expected. This sucks, you wrote that very well which just makes it harder because it's so damn sad. Knew I should've stopped reading back when it was happy...
Temporal Knight chapter 12 . 1/5
Awww that was a cute chapter! And while I can imagine all the fun that could be had in the bedroom with a time turner involved I can also see how that would be a rather hilariously awkward situation very quickly and easily. I'm glad Tonks got to enjoy that though! Talk about your unique experiences ;)

This seriously sucks for Hermione though. And in a meta fashion since now Tonks really has a ticking clock over her head since she's pregnant. God I knew this was coming since before I started the darn story and now I just want to stop here before it gets super sad...
Temporal Knight chapter 7 . 1/4
Ah now I think I get where Tonks was coming from. She was thinking that Harry could get it off his chest, at worst move on, at best get his friend back and then be more open with her. This makes much more sense now! Harry is still clueless as ever though. He doesn't even notice he's making his girlfriend extremely jealous! I'm starting to feel really bad for the poor girl...
Temporal Knight chapter 6 . 1/4
That was most definitely the best version of an introduction speech I have ever heard! God I would've loved to see Snape's face hearing that!

Yeah Tonks is still confusing me a bit. Her actions and words do not mesh. She is definitely angling for a deeper relationship with Harry through actions but still seems to be pushing him towards Hermione with words. What's worse is this is realistic. *Sigh* women. Can never understand them.
Temporal Knight chapter 5 . 1/4
I am really liking this story. Though the relationship between Hermione and Ron is a little...um...I'm trying to think of another word for 'abusive' and utterly failing. The fact that it takes Harry to notice it and actually start to do something out of everyone else closer (at that point) stretches disbelief a bit honestly. It's nice to see that he is somewhat getting through to her but I wonder at whether Ron actually did anything beyond psychological. I see this was started and finished before the canon series ended so I'm not sure whether this was started before people started going potion crazy in the fandom and while it certainly wouldn't surprise me here, it doesn't really seem like that is where you're going with the story.

I got to say, it's nice to see you giving the twins the respect they deserve. They really are rather brilliant and I've always been of the opinion that those two were probably the second smartest in the series after Hermione.

I find it decidedly hilarious that Harry and Tonks are constantly given married couple assignments. It's almost like Moody and Kingsley know that they are in a relationship...About the relationship though, the boundaries are a bit confusing. Don't get me wrong I love both Harry/Hermione and Harry/Tonks ships but this one is a bit weird. It almost seems like Tonks is trying to get Harry and Hermione together which strikes me as a bit odd since they've been dating for three years now. I can understand if they had just started or if it was just a fling or comfort thing but from their interactions it seems like much more of a deeper relationship than that. The fact that they have a kid and are engaged by the end of this year also supports that. Maybe I'm just trying to ignore the fact that my second favorite character is slated to die though. (To be honest that's why I've put off starting this story for so long! It's so sweet seeing them together and I really don't want to get to the part where she is killed!)
diagonalpumpkin chapter 18 . 11/29/2015
Great story. It really was an emotional ride, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The use of legilimancy to tell it was very well done, even if it was slightly mean, and it made the transition from the story back to the present pretty much seamless, as she knew literally everything we did. Again, great job, and thank you for writing.