Reviews for Free
Hikaru Hayashi chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
(not logged in)

Wow! This is the first R/C phic I've read from Erik's point of view. And it is the first Erik PoV phic I've read that doesn't have all of these ridiculously senseless insults towards Raoul (i.e. the meaningless name-calling) ! This was actually written in a way that was like, yeah, Erik hates the poor guy, but also in some small way respects him. Sure there were a few little things, but it wasn't mindless bashing like most Erik PoV phics I've seen.

And, you've managed to write Erik in a way that doesn't make me want to smack him, because lately, that's all phanfiction has been making me do...and I don't really hate Erik at all.

Good job! : ) I liked it very much.
Priestess Adularia chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
Realistic, very nice. I love that you never forget to add some satire (You’ve had quite a few memorable encounters with it, haven’t you?) Perfect descriptions, as usual. The song is great. It seems to be written exactly for the Erik/Raoul/Christine trangle.
EternallyEC chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
WOW! There are not many authors who write RC phiction from Erik's POV and have it be NICE... *applauds* That was AWESOME! Hope to read more of your work VERY soon...
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Three words: I liked it. :)
AuronLives chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Wow...I LOVE this! Almost had me crying! Beautiful work!
RoxyBarbieH8er chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
VegaOfTheLyre, wandering over from ! This was just- just- I love it. It was really good. You've got Erik down pretty good, and I like to think that he becomes resigned to Raoul and Christine at last. Otherwise... poor, poor man. It's going on my faves list.
runtus maximus chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
I love it! I usually dislike RC, but Free was exceedingly well written. Off to the Favorites!
Sadazen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
This is so not *ahem* "the usual sap", as you call it. _ 'Tis beautiful. Gave me that tight feeling in my throat... with a bit of dry humor on the side, or was that just me?

Either way, excellent piece! Wahaha.
Nessarose chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
You know, I lost my Harem cd and can't find it anywhere so thanks for rubbing that in! J/K!

That was beautiful. I really liked how you worked with the lyrics and I LOVE that last line. It summarizes Erik's transformation. Bravo!
Batty-chan chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
Hehe, this is absolutely gorgeous! I enjoyed the part including the "I never liked you... you pompous, naive boob". Lol, I like this very much, you're very good. And thank you for reviewing my phic, lol, glad you enjoyed it.
And the Lost will be Found chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
Wonderful, wonderful. I'm a huge fan of Sara Brightman, so go figure. The end is so sweet. great job.
Csillan.Rose chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Wow, this is so sweet! I love it.

Hilary
bundles-'o-joy chapter 1 . 11/5/2004
OMG! i am definately NOT the only one who thought of Erik with that song!

wow, madame, you've done it...lovely. beautiful. you know, i don't normally read serious phantom stuff (what can i say? i'm just not that "deep") but i did give this a try 'cause i knew YOU wrote it...) and i am very much impressed. it's really passionate and i think it captures erik PERFECTLY...not many authors can do that, you know. they either jack up the OOC (LIKE ME) or make him into a crazy nutty angsty freak (which in some cases in rather unintentionally funny)but i think you've certainly got the essence. Erik is the perfect equilibrium between reason and passion.

great. do another, maybe i'll read some more serious phantom stuff because of it!

your friend,

bundles_o_joy
L'Ange de Folie chapter 1 . 11/5/2004
Dude... This is a rather nifty phic, I think. It's absolutely interesting to see something like this from Erik's point of view. Erik discussing R/C makes me really happy for some reason, especially as there is no animosity or death threats or inordinate amounts of angst in it. I rather like it. The resignation in Erik's voice is sad, and his desire to tell Raoul to take care of Christine is even sadder, I think.

And Erik calling Raoul a "pompous, naïve boob" made my day for some reason. Nice dip back into the original Leroux novel.

I can't really see any problems with this - it's an overall, very good phic!

ArtificialImagination chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
Very nice. Very, very good job. Bravo. I love the fact that you wrote this in Erik's POV. And thank you for mentioning the fact that Erik /did/ send Christine away with Raoul! As much as most E/Cers would like to deny it, Erik /did/ give her away to Raoul. Thanks again for mentioning that. Great song, too! - Once again, bravo. I can't say much else right now...other then this is going on my favorites list. Ja Ne!