Reviews for Salva Nos
Ryuichi chapter 14 . 12/20/2016
Thanks for the notes section! I love getting more background on the world (I'm one of those people who read all of Tolkien's background books). I'm also a big fan of culture, so the little history lesson was awesome.
And your story is amazing itself-I love how you create this whole world. Everything feels so real. There's a few places where the writing feels a little weak, but good characters and story always makes up for that. Looking forward to more.
Dawnfang chapter 1 . 9/29/2016
There's only one thing that pisses me off about this fic. Lack of attention. This is an incredibly well written and thought out fic. The way you detail is mesmerizing. In my 12 years in this Fandom I've only read a handful of stories on par with this one. I truly hope one day you will come back and continue to awe me with your storytelling. With much respect and appreciation. Sm boston.
Guest chapter 23 . 8/21/2015
Lucemon is the Emperor. That is very bad for everyone else.
Shinen no Hikari chapter 22 . 3/1/2015
Does this victory and Ryo and millenniumon's increased involvement mean you'll consider bringing in more digimon and more potential for those digimon?
Guest chapter 22 . 2/21/2015
Osamu has a fun view of mythology. Juri's life still sucks to some extent no matter what, doesn't it? Good thing Kurata is dead at least. I guess you couldn't have Masaru around because he could punch pretty much everything to death in an emergency? Now onto figuring out what's up with the Empire of the Sun. Good work here, update soon please.
Guest chapter 21 . 11/20/2014
Aw, Marcus (I can't recall his Japanese name) is dead? That sucks. Really should have killed the fucker. BURN HIM! He really needs to die painfully. Burn both the fuckers actually. After the worst tortures in human history have been performed, and exceeded of course. Oh, that sick little fucker NEEDS TO BE STOPPED! I'd even be satisfied if he just died! At lease then he would be gone... He'll probably die from this at least. Pity about anyone else, but it is a necessary loss to stop that monster. The amount of research you put into this is frightening! Great work here, update soon please.
Shinen no Hikari chapter 21 . 11/17/2014
I'm surprised that you actually killed off one of the digidestined/tamers/chosen children/whatever title you wish to call them by. I also thought that scientists still have yet to definitively determine the pathogen which specifically causes the black plague. A little dissappointing that you have the digi world completely destroyed, and I'm not sure I believe it. I also thought you made a mention earlier in the story of a portal that works once in a blue moon. oh well
Hakanaki chapter 21 . 11/15/2014
Gah I cannot get enough of this story.

I'm curious what happened to Takeru to make him so upset! Like what kind of torture? Or did they just beat the shit out of him?

Also interesting translation for kokutai. I usually see it was "national polity" but to be honest that doesn't really feel like a very strong translation.
Guest chapter 20 . 10/27/2014
What are you doing, Jianliang? What did Daisuke forget? The history that didn't happen maybe? General?! Okay, that is either really good, or really bad. White Queen? This is not going to go well, is it? Hikari may be the single wisest person there. Is her Light helping her with it somehow? Well that's both very good and very bad for Takeru. Stealth vaccination! And now I want to know who had the balls to do that for Ruki. ...SHIT! That is very bad. At least some of the warriors are together, that will be useful. And now Takeru is caught too. ...That was... Surprisingly unexpected. Fuck you Kurata. That is very bad. Can someone punch him out of the dimension again? Please?! Well, everything went to shit. At least Daisuke might be able to find out where they went and get help. This is getting good. Update soon please.
cyber power chapter 20 . 10/25/2014
Just dropped in to say I liked both chapters, they have pulled of that sense o thriller novel very well. But just an interesting note; yog - sothoth, the mother of all unspeakable monsters, is the the biggest inspiration for the D - Reaper itself, living outside this world, while the mother D- Reaper is clearly based on shub niggurath, with a thousand young...
Benedick Prospero chapter 20 . 10/24/2014
Oh wow so it seems that everything has pretty much gone to hell in a hand basket eh? The first thing I'd like to comment on was the warning about info dump at the start of the chapter, the funny part about that for me is well I love info dump! At least in this story I do. There's so much information packed into every line of this story that I feel like reading it once over is insufficient to get the full experience, and I kind of love that. Reading this story, besides getting an enjoyable AU Digimon crossover experience, I learn so much about history that I probably never would have otherwise. I come away from reading being generally more informed on several topics than I was beforehand.

One thing I was thinking about in this chapter, even though it's a very minor point, was Hikari's messiah like personality. At first glance I feel like some people would dismiss it as being OOC, but I feel like it's such a natural extension of her character from the anime, especially season 1. It feels really natural that she would be working in these mysterious ways, like her interesting way of reminding Daisuke about the letter. Speaking of the letter I thought that was also really pitch perfect Hikari, knowing Takeru well enough and caring about him enough to know that someone like Daisuke needed to protect him from himself and others who would exploit his weaknesses (like his blind drive towards his ultimate goal).

I thought Daisuke's role as a general was perfect for who the character is. I always roll my eyes when I see people try to portray Diasuke as having any sort of tactical acumen or even being anywhere near average to above average intellect. In the anime he was explicitly shown to be a goofy charismatic idiot, which is a perfect complement to the other 3 generals Ken had set up because he really is a people person. He can manage men better than most because well he gets along with just damn near everyone (except Takeru in the anime initially but that's for obvious reasons). I think it's a selection that shows Ken's intelligence as a leader too as he knew that he had to have someone who could serve as a sort liaison to the everyman, which Daisuke is a great fit for.

Even though it was never explicitly shown or stated I can only assume that Takeru was hunted down by Jian and the party he had Yamaki put together for him. I'm interested as to why exactly Jian did this (assuming he did). What were his motives for taking Takeru out of play when Jian himself is trying to undermine Amaterasu. I wonder if there was something that Takeru could've found out from Nanami that Jian really didn't want him to know. Very very intriguing situation. Also, I love his banter with Ruki, those two are great together with such diametrically opposed world views (ok well maybe not as opposed as Takato and Ruki, but still).

One thing I was curious about was how the EMP affected the Digimon now that their pseudo-proteins are now mostly real. I'm guessing the amount they've actualized in the real world was the kind of thing that saved Wormmon from total deletion and rather only sent him back to his baby stage. I'm interested to see more on this situation as it develops. Also, while on the topic of Digimon it seems as though, for however briefly, Izumi was there as Kazemon. SO based on this I'm making the assumption that the Frontier gang can turn into their digimon in addition to using their elemental powers. I wonder how that will come into play later on.

Lastly, I wasn't terribly surprised by Osamu being alive, I had always felt like Osamu was far too big of a character in this universe to be dead off screen as it were. Especially since he was never confirmed dead, rather he just left and never came back. More intriguing than his being alive for me were his comments to Ken, "You've doomed us all." I'm guessing maybe Amaterasu's splinter group is being forced to give up their cover due to Ken's actions or maybe he was referring to the fact that all the leaders of the opposition were captured at once. It definitely will be cool to see what comes of this situation that is looking extremely bleak at the moment.

Another great chapter! Can't wait to read more!
Shinen no Hikari chapter 19 . 10/21/2014
I think that Davis would be a bad general for most of the same reasons that Ken thinks he would be a good one, rather that Davis would reject the title, those reasons as well as Davis's own musings earlier in the chapter. I feel he'd rather follow TK on his spy trip. That being said with the sort of kind of sage that TK has become since this whole mess started I think he'd be a perfect spy/informant/infiltrator. Who expects the unassuming wanderer to be gathering information
Guest chapter 19 . 9/26/2014
Wait, he's RYO'S KID? Milleniumon probably found that hilarious. Ah, good old Monty Python... Huh, I just noticed how a lot of good stories point out just how sane and stable Daisuke is despite everything. That is a quality that the anime failed to show despite it being so important to their plot. Huh, this clue is looking suspicious to me. I'm thinking Kurata is involved. Is there some sort of importance to WWII besides itself here? Kusanagi sounds ominous with it's potential connections to Takeru... Biological experimentation and warfare? That is bad. Well, we have someone to blame for the virus now thanks to that note. Unless there is someone else, they are the most likely suspects for this.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/26/2014
Seems like Osamu is still around and in hiding for some reason. A Lord of the Rings reference? Interesting... Is it relevant though? Yuusuke is an idiot. And Iori's honor is sort of beneficial here, I think.
Hakanaki chapter 19 . 9/18/2014
I feel like I should have started reviewing this chapters ago.

Your knowledge of Japanese geography is really awe inspiring. I lived in Tokyo for a year (specifically Mitaka, so kind of close to Ajinomoto Stadium!) and I am just so refreshed to see the accuracy here.

Anyways, I am on the edge of my seat for Takeru to find something of use to him, so I will be waiting!

Also this fic has really made me want to go to Hiroshima and Niigata. And also actually drive in Japan...