Reviews for Salva Nos
Shinen no Hikari chapter 22 . 3/1
Does this victory and Ryo and millenniumon's increased involvement mean you'll consider bringing in more digimon and more potential for those digimon?
Osamu has a fun view of mythology. Juri's life still sucks to some extent no matter what, doesn't it? Good thing Kurata is dead at least. I guess you couldn't have Masaru around because he could punch pretty much everything to death in an emergency? Now onto figuring out what's up with the Empire of the Sun. Good work here, update soon please.
Guest chapter 21 . 11/20/2014
Aw, Marcus (I can't recall his Japanese name) is dead? That sucks. Really should have killed the fucker. BURN HIM! He really needs to die painfully. Burn both the fuckers actually. After the worst tortures in human history have been performed, and exceeded of course. Oh, that sick little fucker NEEDS TO BE STOPPED! I'd even be satisfied if he just died! At lease then he would be gone... He'll probably die from this at least. Pity about anyone else, but it is a necessary loss to stop that monster. The amount of research you put into this is frightening! Great work here, update soon please.
Shinen no Hikari chapter 21 . 11/17/2014
I'm surprised that you actually killed off one of the digidestined/tamers/chosen children/whatever title you wish to call them by. I also thought that scientists still have yet to definitively determine the pathogen which specifically causes the black plague. A little dissappointing that you have the digi world completely destroyed, and I'm not sure I believe it. I also thought you made a mention earlier in the story of a portal that works once in a blue moon. oh well
Hakanaki chapter 21 . 11/15/2014
Gah I cannot get enough of this story.

I'm curious what happened to Takeru to make him so upset! Like what kind of torture? Or did they just beat the shit out of him?

Also interesting translation for kokutai. I usually see it was "national polity" but to be honest that doesn't really feel like a very strong translation.
Guest chapter 20 . 10/27/2014
What are you doing, Jianliang? What did Daisuke forget? The history that didn't happen maybe? General?! Okay, that is either really good, or really bad. White Queen? This is not going to go well, is it? Hikari may be the single wisest person there. Is her Light helping her with it somehow? Well that's both very good and very bad for Takeru. Stealth vaccination! And now I want to know who had the balls to do that for Ruki. ...SHIT! That is very bad. At least some of the warriors are together, that will be useful. And now Takeru is caught too. ...That was... Surprisingly unexpected. Fuck you Kurata. That is very bad. Can someone punch him out of the dimension again? Please?! Well, everything went to shit. At least Daisuke might be able to find out where they went and get help. This is getting good. Update soon please.
cyber power chapter 20 . 10/25/2014
Just dropped in to say I liked both chapters, they have pulled of that sense o thriller novel very well. But just an interesting note; yog - sothoth, the mother of all unspeakable monsters, is the the biggest inspiration for the D - Reaper itself, living outside this world, while the mother D- Reaper is clearly based on shub niggurath, with a thousand young...
Seany Mac chapter 20 . 10/24/2014
Oh wow so it seems that everything has pretty much gone to hell in a hand basket eh? The first thing I'd like to comment on was the warning about info dump at the start of the chapter, the funny part about that for me is well I love info dump! At least in this story I do. There's so much information packed into every line of this story that I feel like reading it once over is insufficient to get the full experience, and I kind of love that. Reading this story, besides getting an enjoyable AU Digimon crossover experience, I learn so much about history that I probably never would have otherwise. I come away from reading being generally more informed on several topics than I was beforehand.

One thing I was thinking about in this chapter, even though it's a very minor point, was Hikari's messiah like personality. At first glance I feel like some people would dismiss it as being OOC, but I feel like it's such a natural extension of her character from the anime, especially season 1. It feels really natural that she would be working in these mysterious ways, like her interesting way of reminding Daisuke about the letter. Speaking of the letter I thought that was also really pitch perfect Hikari, knowing Takeru well enough and caring about him enough to know that someone like Daisuke needed to protect him from himself and others who would exploit his weaknesses (like his blind drive towards his ultimate goal).

I thought Daisuke's role as a general was perfect for who the character is. I always roll my eyes when I see people try to portray Diasuke as having any sort of tactical acumen or even being anywhere near average to above average intellect. In the anime he was explicitly shown to be a goofy charismatic idiot, which is a perfect complement to the other 3 generals Ken had set up because he really is a people person. He can manage men better than most because well he gets along with just damn near everyone (except Takeru in the anime initially but that's for obvious reasons). I think it's a selection that shows Ken's intelligence as a leader too as he knew that he had to have someone who could serve as a sort liaison to the everyman, which Daisuke is a great fit for.

Even though it was never explicitly shown or stated I can only assume that Takeru was hunted down by Jian and the party he had Yamaki put together for him. I'm interested as to why exactly Jian did this (assuming he did). What were his motives for taking Takeru out of play when Jian himself is trying to undermine Amaterasu. I wonder if there was something that Takeru could've found out from Nanami that Jian really didn't want him to know. Very very intriguing situation. Also, I love his banter with Ruki, those two are great together with such diametrically opposed world views (ok well maybe not as opposed as Takato and Ruki, but still).

One thing I was curious about was how the EMP affected the Digimon now that their pseudo-proteins are now mostly real. I'm guessing the amount they've actualized in the real world was the kind of thing that saved Wormmon from total deletion and rather only sent him back to his baby stage. I'm interested to see more on this situation as it develops. Also, while on the topic of Digimon it seems as though, for however briefly, Izumi was there as Kazemon. SO based on this I'm making the assumption that the Frontier gang can turn into their digimon in addition to using their elemental powers. I wonder how that will come into play later on.

Lastly, I wasn't terribly surprised by Osamu being alive, I had always felt like Osamu was far too big of a character in this universe to be dead off screen as it were. Especially since he was never confirmed dead, rather he just left and never came back. More intriguing than his being alive for me were his comments to Ken, "You've doomed us all." I'm guessing maybe Amaterasu's splinter group is being forced to give up their cover due to Ken's actions or maybe he was referring to the fact that all the leaders of the opposition were captured at once. It definitely will be cool to see what comes of this situation that is looking extremely bleak at the moment.

Another great chapter! Can't wait to read more!
Shinen no Hikari chapter 19 . 10/21/2014
I think that Davis would be a bad general for most of the same reasons that Ken thinks he would be a good one, rather that Davis would reject the title, those reasons as well as Davis's own musings earlier in the chapter. I feel he'd rather follow TK on his spy trip. That being said with the sort of kind of sage that TK has become since this whole mess started I think he'd be a perfect spy/informant/infiltrator. Who expects the unassuming wanderer to be gathering information
Guest chapter 19 . 9/26/2014
Wait, he's RYO'S KID? Milleniumon probably found that hilarious. Ah, good old Monty Python... Huh, I just noticed how a lot of good stories point out just how sane and stable Daisuke is despite everything. That is a quality that the anime failed to show despite it being so important to their plot. Huh, this clue is looking suspicious to me. I'm thinking Kurata is involved. Is there some sort of importance to WWII besides itself here? Kusanagi sounds ominous with it's potential connections to Takeru... Biological experimentation and warfare? That is bad. Well, we have someone to blame for the virus now thanks to that note. Unless there is someone else, they are the most likely suspects for this.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/26/2014
Seems like Osamu is still around and in hiding for some reason. A Lord of the Rings reference? Interesting... Is it relevant though? Yuusuke is an idiot. And Iori's honor is sort of beneficial here, I think.
Hakanaki chapter 19 . 9/18/2014
I feel like I should have started reviewing this chapters ago.

Your knowledge of Japanese geography is really awe inspiring. I lived in Tokyo for a year (specifically Mitaka, so kind of close to Ajinomoto Stadium!) and I am just so refreshed to see the accuracy here.

Anyways, I am on the edge of my seat for Takeru to find something of use to him, so I will be waiting!

Also this fic has really made me want to go to Hiroshima and Niigata. And also actually drive in Japan...
Shinen no Hikari chapter 18 . 9/5/2014
I like Rika's reaction to Angemon, wish you had gone into further detail. I like these little mentions of the digivolutions and wish you'd do them more often, and really wish they'd make an appearance even if it's only as champions. I find it interesting how you have Davis and TK keeping so true to their digimon, TK being the paladin, the noble warrior that Angemon embodied (though I miss Tai and Kari with Kari supposed to be backing him up and Tai supposed to be the courageous guardian that he maintains.), he's almost sage like. And Davis still working as the miracle worker that all of Veemon's digivolutions honestly embody, with how even as a new member he's aided in making drastic changes as nothing but a worker with TK's help.
Seany Mac chapter 18 . 8/20/2014
Wow what a great chapter. Once again I'm blown away by the level of intricate detail that you put into this story. It really elevates it far above anything else I've read on this site and is pretty much on par (in my opinion at least) with what you would find in an actual novel.

This chapter had so many great developments that I'm so excited to see play out going forward. First off I really appreciated the insight into Jianliang's thoughts on the recent developments including the assassination attempt on Ken. I like that he feels an obligation to Osamu to protect Ken, it definitely feels very much in character for him to have that sort of fierce loyalty. Though I'm curious as to who he was speaking to from the communications room, because there seems to be some implication that it's Osamu, but I can't be sure. Either way I'm excited to find out eventually.

The short scene with Takato and Rika was really great and it's cool how they have all these latent feelings towards the other tamers and their digimon despite never coming in contact with them in this reality. I'm always a fan of this gambit in AU fics where the characters have an awareness of the canon universe, I think it adds a nice level of complexity to the story. I'm intrigued as to what Ruki seeks to gain by reuniting the tamers, maybe regaining lost memories?

The dynamic between Takeru and Ken or Takeru and Daisuke, and now Takeru and Ruki has consistently been one of my favorite parts of this story. He seems to be able to mesh well with all of the other characters in this fic because of his general affability and self confidence. It's really cool that you've made him this way without turning him into a Gary Stu as you've shown that he has some serious issues that need to be addressed for his own well being, but haven't been. This scene between Takeru and Ruki was great because it's always great to see someone who can go right back at Ruki when she attempts to get a rise out of them and it's really entertaining to watch them try to beat each other in their battles of wit. It's cool that Ruki sees Takeru as someone she respects as an equal, since she's generally found looking down on others or having a grudging appreciation for in the case of Takato. Also, the unicorn stuff was hilarious especially with your added explanation at the end.

The Ken/Iori situation is getting really fascinating with this latest twist of Iori resigning from the council for the sake of honor and the greater good. I like that at the end of the day Iori did the right thing for Iwakuni by canceling the vote and stepping down from his position rather than perpetuating the fight with Ken for the sake of pride or idealism. Iori rightly knows that he's not fit to lead Iwakuni and that it is for the best that Ken is allowed to go on as Caesar because with the impending threats from Amaterasu and the Empire of the Sun isolationism would be akin to suicide, so Ken's methods are the only things that give them a fighting chance. It definitely seems very much in character for Iori to recognize this and act on it.

Lastly, it's great to see how much of a toll everything is taking on Ken. His characterization from the series definitely portrayed him as someone who would allow the enormity of a situation get to him as is seen in this chapter. He's really struggling to deal with the pressure of trying to fend off the coup attempt from Yuusuke all the while trying to put Iwakuni in the best position possible to help defend against the return of the adults (when I phrase it like that it sounds like a bad sci-fi movie "'return of the adults'" coming straight to dvd") as well as the looming specter that is the return of the virus that nearly killed everyone. It's really no surprise that he or anyone in his situation would be starting to buckle under the pressure, especially after an attempt on their life, seeing as he's only 24 (going off the sub age in zero two) that's a lot to handle for someone so young, even if the world has aged him more than that.

Once again great chapter, and I look forward to the next update.
Shinen no Hikari chapter 17 . 6/1/2014
I don't know if I've said this before, but I like what you've done with TK and Davis- more TK than Davis - about how even with them joining Iwakuni they still seem like nomads at heart. Also I'm really enjoying your little blurbs about what everyone else is doing while this is going on.