Reviews for But If It Had To Perish Twice
Just A Feather chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Aww poor Yami, he had to go through he friend dying.

I like the ending. Though I am not sure why.
SemperSomnium chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I really like how you wrote this one; how you conveyed the emotion. It was beautiful. :)
Serena6686 chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
that's sad but good
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Great story. Very deep. I'm glad Yugi broke through to Yami and saved the world. Yugi as god is a wonderful comcept.
YukiHasAMercedes chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
... I really love that last part of the last sentence.

"...and a man who did not know he had sinned wept for his love, now lost forever."

I mean I REALLY love it. Just thought I'd let you know.
Re chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I enjoyed reading that! But no, it wasn't really all that much of a challenge. The stream-of-consciousness works well in such stories, and you've used it to good affect, but after reading quite a lot of them and enjoying those, it takes away some of the challenge that they presented when I first got into reading them. I didn't need to read it twice.

The anylitical and symbolic side of it was also rather enjoyable, as well. Nice comparisons!

...One nitpick, though. I read it through to the end, and was feeling that it was a very nice read, then I read the authors notes and it almost turned me straight off. ;
Black Rose Faith chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
That was beautiful and some how, I understood. Not with ,y logic-following mind, that part was almost completely lost. Morely the part that soaks in everything then makes the other part understand. And now you have me in a sort of-wanting-to-sigh-happily-and-curl-up-in-the-shadows kind of mood. Your writing is influencing my mind, and yes, challenging reading is fun, especially when you watch people not be able to understand. Anyway, I'm gonna finish reading all or your YxYY fics. Adeiu.

Dorie Kaiba chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
For every person who "claimed" they understood this,(And if you didn't get it would you really admit that or even review, most people don't acknowledge their own limitations) there are other people who didn't get it at all. I am one of those people. We can't all be as smart as you. I am brave enough to say I AM TOO DUMB TO GET THIS! Not all of us are as smart as you are.
kingleby chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
that was so powerfully done! _
Wren Truesong chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
*cheers wildly* YES! Use of Gnosticism in fanfic! I -worship- you!

It's also just a frigging cool story, but.
alydhe chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
I love this story. This style of writing always appeals to me. The raw quality just transmits emotion so clearly. And I love the idea of an ultimate balance between Yami and Yugi. It's an all around wonderful story and is going on my favorites list.
Star Lin chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
Just to let you know, the review that is doesn't have anyone down in the signed Review section was me. My log in kicked off while I had been typing up the review for it. Anyway, time to review this one. Love it. *grins* It's a new take on what was going through both Yami's and Yugi's mind when Yugi was 'killed' by Pegasus.
Shi Rurouni of the Aphrodesiac chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
Hmm, it makes sense, but i don't think i could explain it to anyone. *sweat drop* i'm like that.
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
::sigh:: This would be much better without the condescending tone of your author's notes. It's usually best not to patronize and/or insult your would-be audience. I'm just sayin'.

Overall, the story is okay. Some of your prose is a little aubergine, but not too bad. A few of the metaphorical images seem a bit "off," which can be distracting, even in an otherwise flawless story (which this is not).

The stream of consciousness stuff is done fairly well, though (and this is not a jibe at you) IMO this particular 'style' (being something of an apparent fad currently in YGO writing) has become rather overdone.
Cygna-hime chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Wow. That's a bit...scary. But in the best of all possible ways, you understand.

Yes, challenging reading is fun. In fact, it's so fun that I now don't know what to say about it except: Wow.

Can I give everyone a hug?