Reviews for The Faithless
231241342 chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
oh. my. gosh. that was amazing but so sad! you are a brilliant writer!
Meredith-Grey chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
This is so . . . original. nice Invisible Monsters quote, by the way. That book is one of my favorites.
GwenStacy chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Fantastic.
LunalitSol chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Wow. That's all I can think to say... Wow.
Nra chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
There are adorable parts, sans doute :)

Like the questions about death and God. Wonderful.

"I'm nobody. Are you nobody, too?"
The Superior Critic chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
Wow. . . This is amazing. It's so clear, and full of a deeper meaning. Unlike a lot of other stories, it provokes emotion. Great job.
Late Night Child chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
I like it. its good.
Stargazer-Lillies chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
There are no words to describe how beautiful this story is... You're brilliant. Brava!
weit1024 chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
i can't believe u made me cry. but props tho, it takes a good author to evoke such a strong emotion out of a reader
Nice-one chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
I read this fic a little while ago, but was simply too lazy to review and I was just re-reading the thing (I know, 'the thing' sounds a bit disrespectful, but I really don't mean that. It's supposed to be full of respect. Tons of respect!) and I told myself to get over my laziness and just click that little review button to let you know how brilliant this piece is. It's beyond brilliant even. Your creativity and talent when it comes to writing is extraordinary and I don't know if you have any ambitions to be at the top of the bestselling authors list someday(although that doesn't mean a whole lot nowadays) or if it's a hobby, but I predict a great future. You truly have a gift. A gift that makes me immensely jealous and makes me come up with ridiculous and impossible ways to steal it from you (at least I'm honest about it). Don't worry though. There's no way I or anyone else could steal this gift from. It's all yours and you should cherish it. This is without a doubt the most brilliant piece of writing I've ever read. It deserves a special place in my favorite stories list. With a little golden crown and a banner and everything.

This review stopped making sense about ten sentences ago, please forgive me. I'm lazy, but once I get started, it's hard to get me to stop.

In conclusion: Brilliant piece of fanfiction, brilliant writing, you're brilliant.

Isn't brilliant a great word? I love it.
Lindakins chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
Such beautiful writing. I've been steadily going through your stories one by one because I admire your writing style and your creativity. I'm not even a Jess fan and I find myself wrapped up in your stories. This was wodnerfully angsty and the idea of redemption and fate all wrapped up. Heartbreaking.
ArdentTVFiend chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
You've always written these characters with extensive knowledge of THEM... each time you'd write a scenario, it'd stay true to the characters, regardless of the growth they had gone through on the show. That's how much you knew their core. But it's obvious you've gotten comfortable, both with yourself as a writer and with exposing what you know: Writing and conveyance. The result is gorgeous and eerily sincere, scary even.

This is beautiful. Sorry for the delay in a review: I couldn't quite gather my thoughts on it initially enough to begin to be articulate.
Glowbug9379 chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
Well, firstly, anything that has Palahniuk in it automatically gets bonus points. Add the fact that this was amazing, and beautifully written, and the quote was so fitting...and it's a great story.

I really enjoy reading your stuff- it makes me both glad to be a writer and inspires me to bust my ass to be a better writer - because frankly, you have this gorgeous voice that cannot be ignored.

This piece is really phenomenal.

S
Missez Ventimiglia chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
Are colleges aware that the name Elise is synonymous with genius? If not, they really, really should be.

"The Faithless" is truly the apex of tragic Lit fic. If Jess had to die, I can't imagine a better, nobler way.

"He didn’t know." When I read this, I *knew* I was going to be sobbing at the end of this story. A feeling of pain and loss really emanates from those three words.

"The epiphany he was supposed to have refused to come." I really love this line. It just fits Jess; of course he wouldn't have the standard realization upon the brink of death. He scorned convention in life, so why change now?

"There was no help on the way, no worried significant other anxiously awaiting his return home." That he's completely resigned and sure that no one will be worried made me feel as if sadness was seeping into my bones.

"There was a split second of complete blindness, and he choked, remembering fear." This brought such a complete picture to my mind, that I had to remember I wasn't the one unable to see or breathe.

"He said, “‘Are you nobody, too?’
GQSecondAct chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
I am having a hard time keeping myself from bursting into a puddle of tears. I am so sad right now. Depressed. Thorougly moved and undeniably awestruck. I know that I'm sort of getting into a pattern of reading your stories a long time after they're written, but I can't stop. They're amazingly beautiful and wow...what I wouldn't give to write like you. I am touched and I feel like curling up in a ball and crying my eyes out.

That is a good thing. Trust me.

-molly-