Reviews for Spirits White As Lightning
Kyuunen chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Hmm... haven't played WarCraft in quite some time, but this fic brought back memories of playing. The whole Thrall/Jaina thing did seem strange to me as I read the summary, but in the actual text of your fanfic, it seemed the natural course. Many compliments to you for making possible squick, quite the opposite.

Keep writing!

Kyuu
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
Gorgeous, subtle stuff - I adore the way you write Jaina and Thrall. Very tentative, lovely - their friendship has to be painted with such a gentle brush. Those two done gone have ISSUES.

I know. It's obnoxious. But: please please please please write more!
samus18 chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
I like it a lot! ) You should write more; I'd definitely read more if you wrote it. I really like this story!
inactivated chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
wow, I want more of this

come on, can you please write some more chapters?
brokenblade chapter 1 . 4/18/2005
How much do I need to beg for you to turn this into a continuing fic?
Jimi K chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
I really enjoyed this! Usually, when I read something, my critiques are almost as long as the actual story. I couldn't find anything wrong. I love the way you portrayed Thrall and Jaina, and the relationship which I never really had thought much about.

Excellent job!
ArthasandIllidandoingthecancan chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
holy CRAP mate CONTINUE!

Inever thought of that pair before! this is BRILLIANT! THIS IS TO GOOD TO BE A ONE-SHOT!
Rowan Seven chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
Comforting is an apt description of this fanfiction, I think. There's a certain companiable, subdued warmth to this story, almost like a cup of tea on a cold day. The depictions of Jaina and Thrall in this early stage of their partnership are nicely understated, and there's an effective...simplicity to the writing. Nothing here seems to be overly elaborate, and instead the focus is on telling a short, pleasing story of a burgeoning friendship. Details were effectively conveyed, and the weather successfully helped establish the mood. I'm also glad to see that you're still writing Jaina and Thrall stories. They're two of my favorite Warcraft characters, and I particularly like the dynamics that exist between them and that you were able to capture in words. Overall, I quite enjoyed reading this piece and wish you luck with future writing. Excellent job, and I hope you keep up the good work.
Iliya Moroumetz chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
Walking along, justa singing a song, 'til a review got stuck in my eye!

Interesting idea to place it at the end of the Orc campaign. And Grom's death still hangs heavy over the Warchief, and it shows.

I always figured that there was a few complaints going on between the Alliance and the Horde as they tried to fight the Leigon and the Scourge. But your fic made the little imperfections of their agreement more visible. Me likes. :)

Now, the main point of the story, interaction between Jaina and Thrall is good. I can imagine Jaina's anxiety while following Thrall through his camp. Good tension from the few tactless comments Jaina made. Kinda reminds me of me a few times where I speak without thinking. Thankfully, they were able to get past those misunderstandings and start to work together better.

Overall, a very good story. The care you take when you write your stories is admirable. We hope to see more TxJ goodness from you later on.
Buddi of Yonder chapter 1 . 11/17/2004
hey this is really good i likes it! i heart JxT stuff! *does a happi lil danse* nice job!
Shadowface chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
Cool. I really liked it! Are you going to get "World of Warcraft"? Its gonna be Awesome!
madpostman chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
very well written
J CAE chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
You're not dead and you are back! Good to see you here again with another cute TxJ fic.

The quality of your writing is still strong. I love those opening lines and your reference to rain. I see a lot of potential in this fic.

But I do see some room for improvement. The progression of the story seems a little flat. Probably because of Thrall's weaker characterization. A little more inner workings might be nice.

But good over all. Keep updating.
Rion chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
Not bad, very well done. Is this going to be a one shot?
Eternity And A Half chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
Very nice. I'm much impressed. The only thing that I'm unclear on is the length-is this going to be multi-chaptered, or is it a one shot?

In either case, it's still quite a good story. If I remember correctly, you already have a story hosted on Shattered Enigma (The Finer Points of Redemption, I believe?) and we'd be honored to host this one too.

you can contact me at redtears89 or 3ternity

Even if you choose not to have this story hosted, I wish you luck with the rest of your writing.

Cheers,