Reviews for Selective Memory
kitsune-koinu chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Lucinda the Maid chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Somehow, I *knew* you were going to rec me this. This is my third time reading this, if I'm not mistaken. Sadly, due to the "one review per fic only" implementation, I haven't reviewed this in the past. Most likely because I get so shaken up by the realism infused in this piece, it renders my mind incapable of writing something sane.

Cutting to the chase... I love this. Like others have said, it's creepy. From the first scene, where Sango sees her brother in the doorway to one of the most poignant ones - where she sees him in the hotspring - I knew. But it is that that makes it so alluring and that sets the tone for the rest of the fic.

The combined words - "glimmershimmer," "worrysick," "sicklesink" - make a glorious onomatopoeia that adds to the feel of Sango's ever-increasing obsession more. It's so chilling to watch her become more and more paranoid, and yet I can't bring myself to tear my eyes away from it. And what's so amazing is that this is so eloquently done, each piece flows smoothly into the next so Sango's madness becomes something understandable, and very nearly tangible.

I find myself feeling for Miroku by the end. He was the one constant in Sango's life that literally protected her from herself and he bore it like Sango couldn't bear his children. You make me cheer for him and Sango, even though I know the fate that waits at the end.

And the final section itself... I'd quote my favorite passage from it, but I'd probably wind up copying and pasting the entire thing. It's so, for lack of a better word, awesome (gah, I'm such a teen) how her insanity has been building up and up and up, and it's quited by a simple "Sango lapses." I couldn't ask for something more effective.

And, of course, spelling, grammar, and minor technicalities like that are all in place.

So thank you so much for this! I curse myself for not reviewing before (and for sounding a mite fangirly this time around) but am inspired by the knowledge that a third reading does not make this fic any less chilling. Just... wah! *loves*
ambre gris chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
I am not an avid reader of Inu Yasha fanfiction anymore... but when I was browsing through someone's favourites list and came across this, I decided to take a peek.

The writing here flows very nicely; even the made up words like "wishwonder", "shadowlines", and "slipside". I could actually picture myself standing right next to Sango, watching her suffer. I feel sympathy for Miroku, too, as he is not sure how to help her move on. The ending gave me chills - literally. But that just goes to show that a great piece of writing cannot only have an effect on its reader emotionally, but physically as well.

Overall, spectacular one-shot. I'm definitely adding this to MY favourites now. (:
wallflower-chan chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
I'll be frank, this is one of the saddest stories that I have ever read, fic or not. At first, I didn't like the whole present term speaking, but it turned out quite good.

I really loved it /\ _ /\
Lover not a fighter chapter 1 . 2/2/2005
sigh...now I depressed...

Don't get me wrong, this is a amazing work...

..sigh...
ingra-of-mordor chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Whoa...this is an incredible piece of writing. I adore your word usage, very poetic and powerful...just...brilliantly composed. With phrases like 'strangles her nutbrown hair'. I love how Sango is in a way marked, marred forever. Love it!
The Procrastinator chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
Wow. This is officially the best Sango/Kohaku non-incestious fic I have EVER read. My God woman, the possession of Sango's soul by Kohaku was pure genius. Pure. Fucking. Genius. I am so speechless right now, I can't even write...ANYTHING. I wish I could explain what an amazing fic this is, but I am seriously at a loss for words. Must take deep breathes and calm the hell down. My review does no justice to the complexity of this story. All I can do is sit back and admire it.
Eostra chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
La... this, I can easily do ;)

Actually, I do remember reading this earlier, but I didn't review... being the bad, lazy girl that I am. Tch. I shall make this long and winded in compensation, yes?

"His kusarigama sits posed in the altar's far corner, unmoved, undisturbed, its chain coiled up delicately like a serpent at rest." LOVE. It describes perfectly the physical state of the thing, *and* the mental state of Sango.

"She remembers his cool words. She forgets what he said." Hmm... I find this slightly confusing. The words *are* what he said, are they not? Or do you mean that she remembers his cool voice, as in the tone of it, etc.?

"...hides most of himself behind the shouji soon." GAH! TYPO! :P

"glimmershimmer" - is this a word? If not, it should be. 'Tis very cool, and fun to say. Try it, kids, say it out loud...

"...vortex pleading her to be the coral below its surface." Pretty way of saying 'suicide'. And, also, very cool - Sango's name means 'coral', in kanji at least, yes?

"the shadowlines creep in slipslide fragments to late afternoon" - Nothing constructive to say. It's just cool.

Very well done, and terribly depressing. I like how you leave it up to the audience to read between the lines at times - nothing is overstated, but played just right. Such as Miroku's "can we try again" line.
Elementsofmine chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
Beautiful. I love the last sentence. _ The whole idea is highly interesting and the overall effect is stunning. I like the word you use, 'frecklescars'. _

Anyways, I'll review again later on. I really wanted you to read my redone version of 'Horrors', but is being a butt and it hasn't put up the newest editing job yet. T_T
Lady Penguin chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
I'll tell you why this piece is great:

1.) it gave me the shivers. Do you know how LONG it has been since a fic has given me the shivers? Exactly two years.

2.) I loved the combined words; wishwonder is a such a pretty word, and the way you used this tool was very effective and wonderful.

3.) I loved the bathing soon. So very scary and so very sad.

4.) Miroku's subtle characterization. I'm sorry, but my heart went out to him. The man who knows Sango's pride and can only comfort her quietly as she suffers.

LOVED it. It was very beautiful, very sharp and painful.
Resmiranda chapter 1 . 11/17/2004
"Sango lapses."

Probably the best sentence in this fic. It made me all hollow and carved out inside, and I love it. Thank you.
Catticus chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
first off, i would have been lazy and not signed in, but anonymous reviews cant go on here so...

for the actual story:

depression is fun. not literally mid you. in a sarcastic way. Sango needs a shrink...or meds...but, back then they didn't have them, so she's screwed on that. Loved it. Very well written. i'm jumping subjects aren't i? o well. again, great story. cheers
Anendee chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
wow, that was intense, and very creepy. you did a fantastic job with it. i could see Sango do ing something like that the way you wrote it, which is cool as i couldnt see her doing it otherwise. magnificent.