Reviews for In the Pale Moonlight
Zeon.Rat chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Cartagia, you creepy animal, you. I loved this, thinking about some of the other things a 'mad' emperor could get up to and Londo's sly side step re: the whole thing.
Masterfully written, thanks for sharing.
Avelera chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
*Flails* This is so amazing. Gah. I love your writing, I love Calig... I mean Cartagia. He and Londo are just so IC in this, I could hear their voices in my head as I read it. Londo's careful words were breathtaking to read, and I truly felt like any moment disaster could strike. Lovely!
Mithen chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
This was awesome and perfectly captured the lurking sense of horror Cartagia's court evoked. I especially liked Londo's realization that Vir and Cartagia were almost the same age. So much unspoken there, so much Londo won't even let himself think yet. Great story.
OnlyMostlyHarmless chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Very chilling. The Shadows are warm and fuzzy beings compared with Cartagia. The actor that played him was just brilliant - you can see the gleam of insanity in his eyes. I'm disgressing.

You captured the verbal fencing of the Centauri perfectly, Cartagia is frightening, and I don't think that I could say how much I love your writing.
HarryPotter'sgirl17 chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
You made Cartagia so creepy you gave me chills. Very well writ and the details you added made it that more enjoyable and that more spooky.

Very well done, yes?
Booji chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
This totally seems like something Cartagia would do. Very good.
Yma chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
Very good, chilling, beautifully written, new, but yet it felt like it could have come right out of the show itself.

Fantastic.
Crossbow chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
Wonderful dialogue. Although, I'm pretty sure that if that's what Cartagia really wanted, Londo's excuse wouldn't have put him off. I think that the way it would really play out is that Cartagia would change his mind later and barge unannounced into Londo's room. But anyhoo, great job handling my favorite character. I really enjoyed reading this.
Sheila51 chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
How do you come up with such things? A beautiful story, beautifully told. And all the more so for Londo's craftiness! The man talks himself out of everything!
Andraste chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
... and now that it's working won't let me log in, possibly because I'm using an old version of IE.

Still, I can review this excellent story regardless *g*. I think this may be one of the best things you've written in B5 fandom, and given the usual high standard of your work that's saying something. I've always said you were evil, but I had no idea you could capture Cartagia quite so well.

I love both his advances to Londo, which feel perfectly in character, and Londo's careful response. The little word games he plays with the Emperor - especially describing him as his destiny - feel like they could have come straight out of canon. All in all, excellent work.
soavezefiretto chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
You make a wonderful Cartagia, he's perfect. So is Londo.
Hilary Weston chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
What a lovely piece of writing.

I heard Cartagia's voice as I read, you captured him so well.

Londo's insights were very well done. His concern for Vir and Timov and his whole planet were evident in your writing.

Keep it up.