Reviews for Cheating At Solitaire
Kyonne chapter 12 . 3/28
Wow this is amazing. I was so shook when I saw these email notifications this fic got updated. I had to go back and re-read everything it's been so long but these were amazing updates! Great chapters. I can't believe how long it's been, I wasn't here when you first started posting this but I also didn't come in just now.. Hope you've had a lot of growth in these years and are feeling good about where you're at! I hope to see more from this again soon!

Kii-Bye
Nixariel chapter 12 . 3/25
oh snap /two/ new chapters! so glad to see you've picked this one back up - really enjoying where this is going!
Monday's Angel chapter 12 . 3/20
This has been such a wonderful surprise.

I had reread It all over and fallen in love with this story all over again.

Warrior-princess1980 chapter 12 . 3/14
Nope nope no tears here lol
Ludi chapter 12 . 3/14
So I had to read this, and pause a while to digest it before I read it again... Then go back to Bad Touch to line up some things I'd forgotten, then come back and read it again... Then sleep on it... Then read the last chapter again (which reminds me, I forgot to say in my last review how much I appreciated the fastball special; and I noticed you revised Jessi to Anna in BT, which made this chapter come together too... Yes, I do notice these things... ;D).

Anyways... Having slept on reviewing this chapter, I find myself thinking exactly what I thought yesterday... I love the frenetic sweep of your world, the flow of consciousness dragging along the reader almost involuntarily - I think I've always loved that best about your work - the whirlpool that just pulls you down the rabbit hole, and then spits you out at the end of the chapter, leaving you wanting more.

What amazes me about this and BT is how little physically happens between Rogue and Gambit, yet the emotional and sexual pull between them is so intense and palpable that it feels as if ALL the things have happened. And yet the tension just continues because it really hasn't been sublimated at all. You are SO good at teasing that out from chapter to chapter.

There was a LOT to feel about in this chapter, and I really appreciated filling in the gaps of what happened to both Remy and Rogue between stories; and in Remy's deeper past too. You get a real sense of how horrifying and traumatic Sinister's labs and experiments truly were; and how this shared past with him brings them closer together. I also adore the tenderness between them now, finally being able to meet on a more even footing. There is something so sweet about how she offers him her real name, and how he accepts it... the gentleness with which he treats her - so beautifully rendered by your words. And how heart-breaking is it that Remy-in-her-head sacrificed himself for her - I was wondering what had happened for him to disappear, and this was a bittersweet conclusion to that conundrum, how he kept her together both in 'life' and in 'death'. THE FEELS.

Okay, I'm sure I'm missing something else I wanted to mention, but I can't think of it now. Suffice it to say that I absolutely loved this latest update, and can't wait to read more, whenever that may be!

Much love,

-Ludi
LEGNA chapter 11 . 3/9
Holy SHI FRICK YES
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

I’m with you Ludi omgg
ginkgo.leaf chapter 11 . 3/8
Oh my goddddddd YOU'RE BACK. What a delight, what a treat. You bet I just went back and re-read Bad Touch and all of these previous chapters just to stretch this out even more! So good. Can't wait for more!
Maridee42 chapter 11 . 3/3
this is back!

gosh, this series meant a lot to me at a pretty difficult time of my life. i'm so glad to see attention being given to it again

here for people being fucked up and finding home
clamchick chapter 11 . 3/3
Still here and delighted to have you back!
kitsune2477 chapter 11 . 3/2
Still here lol im gonna have to re-read everything since I can't remember the plot anymore but nice to see on update on a story I thought long since dead -
Ludi chapter 11 . 3/2
Well. I about had a heart attack when you saw this!

I remember you saying you wanted to finish this back when we met up, and I know how these things go... you get the urge, it comes, it goes, and you leave it for dead. So I was amazed and shocked and excited when, nearly two years later, I look in my inbox and see you've SPAT SOMETHING OUT!

Well, work be damned, I opened this up straight away and started reading compulsively.

You still have it, dear. In spades. I still feel pulled along by the narrative and inner consciousness of the characters, and there is one thing you've always excelled at, and that is the visual element to your writing - I think that's something that you really draw from your theatre expertise, and it really brings the story to life. There's not much 'Romy' in here, yet I feel the tension between them palpably, and loooooongs for a resolution, goddammit. It's almost painful. What those two have been through deserves some hefty reward.

Anyway. Awesome work, as always. If I have to wait another decade for the next chapter, I'll still be happy. Take care, as always!

Much love,

-Ludi x
Warrior-princess1980 chapter 11 . 3/2
Oh my goodness I was so excited when I saw this was updated it’s been worth the wait
Guest chapter 10 . 8/24/2018
I really hope you come back to this story someday. You have a gift and it would be a shame to leave a story as beautiful as this unfinished.
WhenInRomy chapter 10 . 7/16/2017
I don't usually review... after all these years reading and reading Romy, i've made a conscious decision to leave some reviews. So...

I just wanted to let you know that you are an amazing story teller. You have a wonderful way of depicting our ever angsty yet adorable lovers. I can sense the strong, sassy Rogue we all know and love coming through after her latest ordeal in this story... more so than in 'Bad Touch'. Your femme really has had a bad lot in her life so far. I hope that Rogue gets a hell of a lot of loving and happiness coming her way now that she has been reunited with Remy. They... both of them, could do with some good lovin'.

If ever you decide to write again, i would love to see where you take these two because there are still so many questions. They deserve a happy ending and you telling the story would make my year hahaha no pressure or anything.

Anyway, all the best and thanks again for the stories! Appreciate it, all the way from the land down under! Straya xO
Guest chapter 10 . 11/25/2016
MORE! I NEED MOOORE!

Oh my gosh, I am obsessed! No joke, this is amazing. I really hope you continue with another installment of this fic... Or continue this one. To not do so would be a real shame. You are too good an author, I can barely contain my enthusiasm. People walking by me probably think I'm crazy cause I shriek or giggle or heave a sigh. Can't help it. You're just that good. lol.

Also, I've fallen for your portrayal of Rogue and Remy. Their characters are so complex and have been through hell and back-literally!-that it's bittersweet and heartbreaking. Love it.

I neeeeed to know what becomes of them~ Please? lol.

Keep up the amazing job!