Reviews for The Fellowship Effect
Angsty Anime Star chapter 9 . 4/12/2009
I know this is old but being the only Lord of the Rings adn Jurassic park crossover I see I HAVE to review. And it was amazing. Well writing, in character. I LOVE both movies and you featured ian Malcolm. I mean this seriously made my day. xD Great work.
Cindy chapter 9 . 8/18/2005
You haven't updated lately. You are continuing this fic, yes?
Lady Luce chapter 9 . 7/17/2005
A Utahraptor is the largest type of raptor (I think). Here's som info on it:

Name: Utahraptor

Meaning:Robber from utah Dinosaur (dromaeosaur)

Animal Type: Utahraptor

Dietary Type: Carnivore

Size: 6.5 metres long up to 2m high

Weight: up to a tonne

Major Fossil Finds: Eastern Utah

Utahraptor is known from a well-preserved skeleton found in 1991 in Utah, USA and fragmentary remains from South America. It was the largest of a group of lightly-built carnivores, called the dromaeosaurs ('swift lizards'). Utahraptor had large eyes, long grasping hands and powerfully clawed feet. Clearly it was carnivorous, but was distinctive in relying on a wickedly hooked, slashing claw on each foot rather than the jaws and teeth of a typical predator.

Its toe joints were specially enlarged so that its massive claw could be raised upward and backward to avoid damage while running. But when used in attack, its claw flexed forward as the animal kicked out.

To help it balance on one foot while kicking, its tail was made to act like an acrobat's balancing pole, being stiffened by a sheath of fine bony rods. Swinging in a wide arc its huge 20 cm slashing claw would produce terrible wounds enabling a Utahraptor to cripple and kill animals much larger than itself. The discovery of a number of skeletons of the closely related dromaeosaur, Deinonychus, around the skeleton of a large plant eater suggests that dromaeosaurs may well have hunted in packs.

The dromaeosaur group also included Velociraptor, made famous by Steven Spielberg in "Jurassic Park". For the film, the Velociraptor was made twice its actual size, which seemed to be very speculative at the time. However, within a year of the release of the film, a giant dromaeosaur had been found, namely Utahraptor. So life can be stranger than fiction!.

This is from a very big book -

(Yeah I'm nuts when it comes to dinosaurs, basically whilst all the other girls were playing with dolls I was smashing plastic dinosaurs into my barbie then ripping her up and claiming the dinosaur did it).

Oh so that's who Ian is, oh I love him, he's my favorite, I was thinking of the old guy (who's in Merlin) for some reason.

Oh no he died, I just realized that he's my favorite character and he's dead now. Oh well life's like that isn't it?

Very good story, but Leggie didn't do any sliding along the T-rex, shame, suppose there wouldn't have been any point without his arrows and then they probably wouldn't penentrate its skin. Oh and who is Q?
SirNotAppearingInThisFilm chapter 9 . 7/16/2005
That's all right. :) I liked that chapter. It was sweet. But poor Ian! (Sob) But it just makes the story better when a main character dies...somehow. Even if it's done against our wills. (Pointed glare at Smeagol) But oh well. Ian had a good death scene, so I'm not too terribly mad. That's the end, isn't it? Unless there's an Epilogue or something... Hehe, poor Q. Never cross a ticked off Elf. Especially if that Elf is Elrond. Just look at what happened during the Last Alliance! :D This was an AWESOME fic! I really really really enjoyed reading it!

Namarie, Mellon nin!

xWhit3StaRx chapter 9 . 7/15/2005
Aw, Ian was saved, and then he ended up...he ended! That was so brave of him...just to save Aragon...

SirNotAppearingInThisFilm chapter 8 . 7/3/2005
DON'T KILL OFF IAN! He's already died once at the hands of a cruel author! (Glares at Michael Chrichton) UPDATE!

xWhit3StaRx chapter 8 . 6/29/2005
Lol, not as long as it took me to update Love or Money! Or I dunno P

Anyways...evil cliffie! T_T I gotta find out what happens to Ian! /

Javelon chapter 8 . 6/27/2005
Wow! I love this story so far! I've always wanted to see a LOTR/Jurassic Park crossover. Those are my two favorite movies! This is taking place during the 3rd movie right? Just making sure. I do wish the chapters were a little longer but being a fellow writer I know that it's tough. Keep up the good work and update soon!
Lady Luce chapter 6 . 6/27/2005
firstly Funner is not a word, who ever said that, the correct term would be more fun

Oh and you wrote farther instead of further and like someone else said (dunno who) it needs more description.

Good luck

Mellon nin!
Lady Luce chapter 8 . 6/27/2005
Isn't there a worse dinosaur than a t-rex? It was in the third movie what's it's name again? Well that might be more interesting for Legolas to jump on than a T-rex eh? much bigger -
Lady Luce chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
The worst type of raptor is a Utah raptor, it is the biggest and fastest

That miht be useful sometime
Lady Luce chapter 4 . 6/27/2005
ok i saw jurassic park a while ago, but I don't remember which one Ian is, is he the one in the first and third movies or is he the one with the girl kid in the second movie?
Lady Luce chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Great so far!

If you have time, can you read and review my story please thnx!
SirNotAppearingInThisFilm chapter 7 . 2/25/2005
YAY! Like Nedry! Nedry wasn't very smart, was he? No. Anyways, I really need to check my email more often and read chapters more often! Sorry about that! :) almost done with my iced tea! Wow, Gandalf's cranky, isn't he? And IAN IS AWESOME! Well, wish me luck! :)

See ya later!

Zammy chapter 7 . 2/24/2005
When are the raptors gonna apear, and what about the T-Rex, Jp isn't Jp without Raptors or a T-Rex