Reviews for Giri
Anhayla chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Oh, how adore your Colossus. Poor guy is still trying to understand a world that has passed him by. I hope you continue to write fillers for Astonishing X-Men, because I love them. Cheers!
randommarvelfan chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
heyi really like this story I was not sure if this was a one shot but if it isnt please continue writing it! I love the way you portray Peter. I am a huge Piotr and Kitty fan adn I absolutely luv this story!I hope this review inspires u to write some more fics
Dark-bat chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
This is a very good story. I stumbled on it in the comics section and was delighted.

It is short, but in no way lacking in substance or style.

The line about Sunday football really made me happy. I love football, and loathe when I have to miss it for church. I'm trying to see if I can get a radio installed in my ear so I can listen to the games, but no good so far.

I hope you take this story further, as it would be wonderful to read more about this!
darkstorm5000 chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
Great story, a nice little epilogue to Astonishing #6. I could definitely see Logan and Peter having this kind of talk. Also, Peter not being ready to rush into anything with Kitty seems pretty natural to me too. Peter's comments about events that happened while he was gone seemed pretty dead-on from his persepctive, like his way of saying "The more things change...".
Amokitty chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
This story, along with "Close Every Door" is very moving. Your characters speak with a conviction and a believability that's so unlike much of the hack dialogue that you see on the internet.

You give us a Colossus that has intelligence, humor, and his integrity intact. Bravo!

Your story reminded me of Uncanny #183 when Logan gave Peter the original talk about 'giri' and responsability, it's nice to think that Peter hasn't forgotten it. Now if Ellis could have remembered that and spared us of Peter making such an ass of himself in Excalibur things would have been So Much better, but he didn't and he along with a few others made a total hash of Peter's character. No wonder they killed him off, but I digress...

I see a wonderful grasp of characters here, and I like how you blend continuity into your stories. I'd love to see more Colossus/X-Men subject matter, because I found it to be a great read. Thanks.
enigmagirl2727 chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
This is excellent. I always admire writters who manage to stay with any kind of continum, as I utterly fail to do so in any of my writtings, but your's is perfect. Logan's threat to beat up Peter if he hurts Kitty is just so true to character for him. I'm not sure how you could go about continuing this, (writing inbetween issues?) but I look forward to reading more of your works.
Jeremy Harper chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
I first ran across this at the Comic Book Resources Forum. A pleasant, unexpected surprise, to say the least. I wish to hell I could write as smoothly as you do. Your 'Peter readjusting' stories have been very good. I liked how you described Peter's feelings of culture shock, especially the part about losing Jean, which I felt was very appropriate. I know the early Gold Team X-Men gets knocked for not having good downtime interaction between the characters, but I'm of the opinion that they were building up a nice, very sweet platonic relationship between Peter and Jean in that book. I still remember it with fondness. There was the time, after the first fight with Bishop, Peter was complaining about how his voice sounded because of his broken nose and Jean teasing him good-naturedly about it, her arm draped over his shoulders in an affectionate hug. I also remember how Jean comforted him after she found him in the kitchen, crying, after trying to tell his family how Mikhail had seemingly committed suicide. It's a shame that their friendship got lost in the morass of garbage that flooded the X-titles soon after - any nods to it, even if yours was inadvertent, are welcome.

Peter and Logan's talk about how little changed (in the sense of the continual strife that afflicts the mutant world) reminded me of the exchange between Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandius in 'Watchmen', though obviously yours is a bit more upbeat.

I also liked Logan's realization that he had nothing to worry about, concerning Peter and Kitty. Peter may have issues (after two or three years of torture, how could he not) but he knows clearly how much he owes Kitty.

Despite how much I like the Goblin Wars, I'd love to see a longer Peter/Kitty story from you. I'm sure it'd be well received by the small but growing Kiotr clique that's springing up here at FFNet. But you got to follow your muse. No matter what you decide to work on next, I'll be sure to give it a try.

Cheers!