Reviews for You Can't Play a Player
sschu25319 chapter 42 . 11/28/2012
loved it.
Lizbeth2003 chapter 42 . 6/17/2012
mom8970 chapter 42 . 9/12/2010
This LIASON fic was awesome. Although I hated reading Elizabeth was working for Lorenzo I was still entertained by the LIASON relationship. It was fun and sexy which eventually led to caring and love. I was totally surprised about her being DEA. Never entered my mind. And obviously I was happy to read a happily ever after.
Jynx0854 chapter 42 . 7/25/2010
This is the 2nd time I've read this and loved the 2nd time as much as the 1st time.
Alece chapter 42 . 12/27/2008
I just spent all day reading this story, it's great! Very well done :)
leasmom chapter 42 . 11/19/2008
This was the best You really through me with your ending. i figured you would have to kill off

Elizabeth before everyone found out about her part with Alczar
robinmaxwell chapter 42 . 5/20/2008
What a great story! Thank you so much for one of the best reads ever! I didn't get the whole Liz whore stuff and you really worked that out with a great twist!
sarah chapter 42 . 1/21/2008
soo good!
Emilie chapter 42 . 8/4/2007
I really enjoyed reading both of your stories. I loved the pairing of Jason and Elizabeth, but I especially enjoyed that you gave them a bit of a different backstory than on the show. It definitely made for more interesting reading. I look forward to reading future stories of yours.
onetreefan chapter 42 . 7/18/2007
Cute! i loved that! beautiful job.

ShortPoet chapter 42 . 7/16/2005
I am beginning to realize that I have been wasting my time in other fandoms when, although there may not be thousands of stories here, it is easy to sift through and find the ones worth reading as I have been lucky enough to find yet another gem. I am so impressed, and I really love the way you wrote this story, so grab a cup of coffee as I have time on my hands to extol your virtues as a storyteller.

Firstly I loved this whole twist about the undercover DEA agent thing, a little reminiscent of the whole Roy thing in that fact that you can't believe that Elizabeth is working for Alcazar (Lorenzo that is) against Sonny. You want to hate her, you find yourself wondering when she's going to come clean because it's tearing her up inside on so many levels for so many varying reasons, the least of which are because of her feelings for Jason. But then again, looking back there were clues throughout this whole story as she alluded to her job and mission.

Then in true soap fashion, there wasn't a happy ending right away, there was no easy forgiveness for her. And a little bit for him to, as he wasn't about to forgive himself for letting her in to hurt him. More angst, more drama and misunderstandings to build upon before there is a conclusion, one that I may add that I was cheering for.

But, the mains story line wasn't the only reason I enjoyed the story. You included to much more than just the whole Jason/Elizabeth relationship, and you handled the subplots with just as much detail and impact as you did the main story line, and there was not a chapter in this entire fic that left me bored thinking 'oh god a filler chapter'. You had small little transitional moments but they weren't pointless fluff as they gave us insight into the characters, making us feel sorry for them, making us laugh at their antics, making us want to strangle them for being so obtuse.

For instance not only did you include a Ric/Liz/Jason triangle... which by the way I felt a little sorry for Ric, it's got to be hard to be crushed like that, but then again, there were enough warning signs that Liz and Jason were both sending off before hand that he should have realized he "where there's smoke there's fire.' But then we wouldn't have our drama had he not been purposely blind to what was going on right before him, wanting to believe what Elizabeth said...anyways, long tangent sorry...

you made it more than just a rivalry between to men to get the girl because you brought the 'sibling' rivalry that Ric felt for Jason into it as well. You had him jumping through hoops to prove that he was better than Jason, the only problem was that he was the only one keeping score. Jason could care less about him, didn't even consider him as an obstacle in anything. He accepted the fact that he was Sonny's brother and didn't truly question his place in Sonny's life in that respect, as he did question his abilities as a lawyer, and a member of the business... but to Jason, it's about actions...not about sentiment, and this too came through on so many different levels...

I'm still grinning after reading the part about Jason punching Ric, not that he didn't deserve it, hurt and betrayed or not Ric had no right calling Elizabeth a whore.

Anyways, your characters were dead on. Loved how you portrayed them all.

Sonny... ever the mob boss that we love who has his own code of honor that he lives by, his sense of family, his temper outbursts when things get out of hand around him and he calmly and forcefully reigns in the strong personalities around him. LIke the little comments that he made throughout the story like..."What do you want me to do Bren, ground him? Take away his motorcycle? Tell him to date classier women?" I was laughing hysterically at that line.

Brenda... You wrote her at her absolute best. So far I haven't seen anyone else on this board who comes my your characterization of Brenda (she is one of my all time favorite characters on the soap). She is crazy, warm hearted, affectionate, vivacious whirl of energy. She doesn't take anything off of anyone and she is just plain nuts sometimes, but I loved her when she was on. Her interaction with Jason always the bickering between the two of them, was just like the show, I could actually see the two of them going toe to toe and wanting to kill each other especially when Jason realized she had set him up to find the postcard. God I love Brenda.

Sonny/Brenda... although I am usually a Brenda/Jax fan, this is the first story I read that made me actually think that this really could have worked had the actress stayed on the show...Sonny/Carly drive me crazy to no end, plus I'm not the biggest Carly fan, to me they were trying to replace Brenda and failed miserably... anyways... the way you wrote the two of them together, their intetaction seemed healthy, and they could be the touchstone couple for this storyline really worked.

Courtney...loved how you had her very limited in this story, as she is my least favorite character on the show, if she'd fly away somewhere and never come back I'd be really happy with that... but yes, she never gets Jason, and he only has eyes for Liz, that's about all I have to say on that.

Lorenzo Alcazar: What can I say, yes, he's the villain and we all want to see him burn, but yet you still gave him a personality, a little depth and some sympathy, but then he had to be stubborn and not back off. Oh well, he got what he deserved... poor Liz had to sleep with him.

Anyways, if you haven't guessed by now I totally loved this story you've pieced together... I was actually annoyed because my car was ready to be picked up before I finished reading it, and had to hold off until I got back. You captured the whole gauntlet of what makes us love the Elizabeth Jason coupling... the pull they have for one another, the denial as they desperately think of reasons to not be together, yet despite themselves it's something more than they can handle, it's primal on some levels and yet it's deeper than that too, and you gave us something more... you gave us the passion that they were never given the opportunity to explore on the show and let me say those were some good chapters you wrote there, many a romance novel author wishes that they could write scenes like that. Wow...

Well, hopefully I didn't bore you too much with my ramblings. Just wanted to express how much I loved this story of yours and now have found yet another writer whose stories to explore in more depth. So this is probably the first of many times you'll hear from this ole reviewer.
chawkchic chapter 42 . 7/2/2005
The ending was so perfect! You are a true master! THANKS FOR GIVING ME A DELIGHTFUL READ!
Sonia chapter 42 . 6/27/2005
It's over? I'm sad. But what a great story! I truly enjoyed it.

Can't wait to read another of your stories.

Luv2rite chapter 42 . 6/27/2005
I love this story! All good things must come to an end I guess. Keep on writing these good stories to keep us entertained.
GHER45 chapter 42 . 6/25/2005
Amazing finish! I just love your stories so much and this was my favorite out of not only yours, but any of the fanfiction stories i've ever read! Please write another story like this soon!