Reviews for Home's the Farthest Way
ManuscriptMaiden21 chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
Well, THAT explains a lot!
ManuscriptMaiden21 chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I feel SO bad for Lupin! Oh Lord! The Umbridge b**** is back! DUN DUN DUN!
Kniga-Sitara chapter 19 . 11/14/2011
Wow! thanks!
KMN17 chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Wow this is brilliant and now must go on a quest to find more girl Remus fanfiction at once! Please, please write a sequel for this story. Hopefully one that will show Snape and Remus married and where maybe Remus can become more motherly towards Harry.
Anonymous chapter 5 . 10/10/2011
Wow. Surprisingly well done. Normally, I expect to find gender switch fics to be kind of raunchy and PWP, but you really try to keep with the character and underline the mystery of the transformation. Lupin's reaction reminds me a bit of Amalthea's in Peter Beagle's 'The Last Unicorn'. Two thumbs up!
LovelyShade chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Yay for OnAntiDepressants!Snape!

This is the second Fem!RL x SS fanfic I've read, and I think this is positively brilliantly done :]
Stevie K chapter 19 . 6/8/2011
Great fic
Harm Marie chapter 19 . 2/5/2011
Absolutely loved this.
Mentally Unstable User chapter 19 . 9/27/2010
You are brilliant! I had to read through all of it, from Practically Brothers to this, but it was SO worth it. I love how you made it all flow together.

Personally, I really liked how you wanted Severus to suicide. Most creative way I've seen for any story to date.

Great work!
jazzy2may chapter 19 . 7/17/2010
i very much enjoyed both stories. I hope that one day you will do a third story. I'd love to see Remus and Severus having a family. _
Alliriyan chapter 19 . 1/28/2010
A real classic in the fandom, even years after I first read it. Your characterisation is perfect, and dialogue is used brilliantly whilst the writing style stays accessible.

I'd just recommended this to a friend and not mean to read it again, and here we are at 21m again. XD

Good luck in escaping accounting!
gennastar chapter 8 . 10/27/2009
I understood Snape's journey through depression. I don't get what Lupin is doing here. I don't understand the premise: why should Lupin or would Lupin need to change genders to love Snape or himself?

I understand the journey of a hated minority. I don't get becoming the majority in order to win acceptance. This is beyond me.
senkoed chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
as a 1.78m girl in a country where the average height for an adult male is 1.72m, this chapter made me tear up. effectively, questions that i've been asking myself since i was a kid appeared in lupin's musings. the fact i am manlier than most of the guys, both in actions and shape shake guys with low self-esteem and the teasing can sting. so, reading this chapter is kinda cathartic.

i feel his pain. you've also put him across as so measured and mature and yet still so overwhelmed. pretty awesome stuff. i like how everything's so delicate and not-in-your-face with snape and lupin's interactions. nice, compared to the usual "omg, he's so hot, we must suck face" kinda vibe most fanfiction throw out. i shall stop now and continue reading the fic, lol.
Pen-Name-Kitsune-chan chapter 19 . 8/30/2009
I really loved this story. It's amazingly well written, and you kept everyone in character, and had them react to situations very realistically. Plus, it made perfect sense despite my not having read the prequels :)

The last part between Remus ans Severus was really sweet, too
hellerii chapter 19 . 8/10/2009
Argh, I've tried several times to review this over a couple of days but FFN keeps eating it. *sulks*

*cough* Anyway. I don't normally like this pairing (or slashish stuff in general) or gender switching. I honestly didn't expect to like this fic at all and only clicked on this out of groggy curiosity.

Surprise, surprise I read it all in one go and absolutely loved it, haha. So congratulations on doing such a great job on writing this fic that I forgot all the reasons that I shouldn't like it and just let myself go along for the ride. :)

You kept his core personality intact while altering *just* enough to make him female, which I liked. SuperGirly!Lupin would be creepy and too OOC, I think, but the subtle shift worked out very well. It was also thought provoking for me to consider gender roles and the connotations that this switch would have in Muggle society. His interactions with Severus really sealed the deal.
461 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »