Reviews for Home's the Farthest Way
Hafae a.k.a. Hufflepuffer242 chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Sorry, I wasn't going to review until I got all the way to the most recently posted chapter, but: Arizona! Wo!

Okay. I got that out. (Being from Phoenix and everything...) So far this is an extremly well done, well thought out, and well written fic. Good job!
Jiapa chapter 19 . 1/5/2007
This is a wonderful story. Poignant and well written. I just was referred to your site, and thoroughly enjoyed everything on it.

I did notice that the last update was in 12/05. Are you still writing?

Thank you.
Ariana-807 chapter 19 . 9/25/2006
Hey, I read the story, I know it was finished like one year ago, but I am new to this, and I find many stories that I think is intherting and I liked this one!
LinZE chapter 19 . 8/20/2006
This was fabulous.

I love your work and hope that in some form or another you are still writing.

Linds

x
Askani Blue chapter 6 . 6/9/2006
This is where I always have problems in fic where people switch gender. Its like "Look, I'm suddenly female, let's use the new parts out!" I like your writing but I have a very very hard time believing that even magic that switched your gender would flip your gender preferance. Gender association isn't tied to gender preferance. I could buy a spell flipping one or the other but to assume that they would automatically go together...? I would find this premise far more belivable if Remus had been at least a little bi to begin with.

As a transgendered person myself (a straight man that ended up with the wrong damn plumbing, not a lesbian), I've found that gender preferance is simply too intregral to who you are. As someone that spends every day in Lupin's position, I promise you I've never looked at a good looking man and thought "I gotta get me some of that!"
Angsty Magee chapter 19 . 5/31/2006
Best...Snape...EVER!
Sandi chapter 19 . 5/25/2006
i appreciate this story very much. The story kept me very involved. The best thing about fan fiction is that you get to see so many perspectives on a single character. Remus does/would make an excellent woman. It seems natural that someone who suffers from lycanthropy would make the transition better. After all both types of people have their own monthlies.

I also thing you did job at developing Harry.
kari2500 chapter 19 . 3/27/2006
i thought this werewolf cure was quite unique and very realistic. i havent read the other stories of yours thats compliant to this one, but i like the concepts from them, like Severus being a guard dog. makes me quite the curious kitten. _

i like that this is post-war with Voldemort. so that it can focuse more on just the werewolf problem and the developing relationship. i like the fact that everyone got reconition for their contribution to the war, including a werefolf like Remus, and a Spy/Former Death Eater like Severus. *laughs* i think poor harry wants to escape all the reconition he gets. which reminds me of that hilarious scene in the very beginning where Remus and Sev were trying to hide.

well anyway, i seriously do hate Unbridge in this story. her ideals and morals are so sickengly twisted. i especially hate the fact that she endangered Remus just to sterilize him. how selfish and completly unjust, i love the irony of it in the end when she is fired when she herself is a werewolf. she most certainly deserves it. i hope she has a mental breakdown from becoming what she hates most. i hope she suffers everyday for the rest of her life.

i'm one of those people who read the Ranma 1/2 manga, so a boy changing into a girl isnt that unusual for me either. not to mention im quite extremely open-minded so i wouldnt have been offended in the least even if i havent seen Ranma.

I love how Severus came by the hopital ward so often to see Remus and bring lunch with him. it was so sweet, and he's so considerate for doing so.

i thought it was quite funny in the beginning when Remus was getting used to being a woman. especially Hyacinth, i believe her name was. she was quite an interesting character, but i find all your original characters have such great characterization that i cant help but be intriguied by their unique personalities. i also like that all the girls helped Remus through the transition.

now, Baron like Umbridge is simply a character one can not help but dislike and hate. he was just so disgustingly arrogent and concieted. so full of himslef and confident in a bad way. i dislike the way he played with Remus, but i understand complications like this are for the sake of the story and even though i dont like it, it did make the story more interesting and well thought out.

im not sure what the story is on the mirror Hermione gave Severus but it seems that might be explained in one of your other stories. personally i thought it was a nice idea, and rather comforting to know Sev could feel Remus' presence through it as well as protect her; almost like an guardian angel.

the entire chapter of Remus being Kidnapped by Baron into the Forbidden forest was intense and very suspenseful. i was getting quite worried about remus and so i was Delighted whenSeverus rescued her. its a shame she had the shock of her house, the only thing she truly called her own being taken away from her by being destroyed. *curses a string of colorful insults and creative curses at Baron under her breath* but im glad such a horrible event got her and Severus together.

i especially like the end, when they say that neither of them are perfect, and life will never be, but they will take care of each other and make the best of it.

Such a nice ending to a wonderful story.

i really did enjoy reading this story immensely and i truly love the story.

well, Ja ne

Kari
MAEday chapter 18 . 3/24/2006
Just forgot to add you to my favorites list. Accidentally pressed the send button while reviewing for chapter nineteen. Gotta run!
MAEday chapter 19 . 3/24/2006
I just want to thank you for writing such wonderful stories! I have thoroughly enjoyed Practically Brothers, The Wounded, and, of course, this story. Remus and Severus are my all time favorite Harry Potter characters, and you write them well. Thank you so much! Write more to this. A sequel would be very welcome :-D
ROmulus chapter 19 . 3/19/2006
Great story!
Romulus chapter 18 . 3/19/2006
Yes, please, just say it out loud!
Romulus chapter 17 . 3/19/2006
That was a good trick to play with Willoughby and the girl:)
Romulus chapter 16 . 3/19/2006
Phew, that was intense!
Romulus chapter 15 . 3/19/2006
Cliffie! Evil, evil cliffie!
463 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »