Reviews for Home's the Farthest Way
barbarataku chapter 14 . 5/8/2008
I ran across you by accident and read The Wounded first. I cried at the end you are skilled at depicting emotions with words. It was so sad to think that a person's happiest moments in life were spent as a dog. Even at this point in the next story we are uncertain as to the ending of this tale. It coul actually end either way and still be considered a happy ending. I am truly grateful that you were kind enough to leave the story up for suc a long time. What a wonderful opportunity I would have missed, reading this tale. Thanks for sharing.
valkoruusu chapter 19 . 4/10/2008
Sorry I didn't have the urge to log in.. But this was definitely a superb story. You are a good writer.
wfjaoi4tqohgn chapter 19 . 3/24/2008
This astonished me. Honestly, I am more yaoi/slash fan of the couple, but this story seriously showed me that the body does not really matter, as long as the people are comparitable.

I am probably talking nonsense right now; I am really tired, so I will use it as an excuse. _

Wonderful story ten times over.

~Gray Wings
shogi chapter 17 . 9/1/2007
Hey there! I'm back! Hahaha, anyways, I had a question. I was wondering if you could explain the name of this one to me? Like, where did you get it from or what meaning it has? I sort of have an idea but it'd be cool to hear what it really is from the one who named it. Thanks! Great story, as always. I had to review here 'cause I already reviewed at the end. :D
iamthedreadpirateroberts chapter 19 . 8/19/2007
Woah. I had no clue when this fanfic was written until this chapter (I always review the last chapter). It's rather old, seeing as it's the August after Deathly Hallows came out. I've been reading it over the past week, and I must say, it's wonderful. Better than my own stuff, but a main contributer to that is that I don't see it through. I could never post up nineteen chapters. I lose the idea too fast, or another one hits.

I'm not easily distracted! I'm easily amused, that's all. [Yeah right, but there's no way I'm telling anyone that! ;)]

-The Dread Pirate Roberts
shogi chapter 19 . 7/24/2007
Wow... I think I said that for the other one too but... wow...

Amazing job and totally believable! It's one of the best pieces I've read and never of these two. Gender-bending, how phenomenal! Brilliant idea! I loved it whole-heartedly! And it's not a dry-cut happy ending, they both still have problems which will need work and that also makes your story wonderful. I find it too hard to comprehend sometimes when, at the end of the story, everything's all tickity-boo. That's not real, not... believable.

Oh! Hahaha! Snape's proposal almost made me fall off the chair! I think I was just as shocked as Remus! Poor guy, I *was* wondering how on earth he was going to go about telling Remus he loved her but that was brilliant and so very appropriate for Severus.

Excellent work! I plan to check out the rest of your works so maybe you'll hear from me soon!

(Did you say sequals?)

Oh yes, another thing I remembered: please tell your beta, was it Michelle? thanks for convincing you to write this idea out. Fanfiction, doesn't the little blurb say "Release your imagination" or something or other? No idea is too weird for FF!
willyork chapter 10 . 4/23/2007
this is gonna be a LONG process isn't it? poor remus, HE doesn't see it, where any girl would at least have a niggling... and severus'd NEVER say anything. i think you really got it perfect when you said he had victorian sensibilities- that's exactly right. Now if only everyone else realized that... *sigh*
Kirinin chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
OMG - Umbridge! You evil, evil person! I literally gasped aloud when she was introduced. Yes, she *was* responsible for dealing with the werewolves, wasn't she? I seem to recall that she passed some truly terrible legislation that was hinted at in canon, and I have to suspect her motives.

I guess she's recovered from her stint in the woods? Or perhaps she's become a werewolf, herself? Searching for motivation, here...

-K
GossamerLily chapter 19 . 2/23/2007
This was an absolutely wonderful fanfic. I loved the voices you gave to the characters. I enjoyed reading ever word.
Hafae a.k.a. Hufflepuffer242 chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Sorry, I wasn't going to review until I got all the way to the most recently posted chapter, but: Arizona! Wo!

Okay. I got that out. (Being from Phoenix and everything...) So far this is an extremly well done, well thought out, and well written fic. Good job!
Jiapa chapter 19 . 1/5/2007
This is a wonderful story. Poignant and well written. I just was referred to your site, and thoroughly enjoyed everything on it.

I did notice that the last update was in 12/05. Are you still writing?

Thank you.
Ariana-807 chapter 19 . 9/25/2006
Hey, I read the story, I know it was finished like one year ago, but I am new to this, and I find many stories that I think is intherting and I liked this one!
LinZE chapter 19 . 8/20/2006
This was fabulous.

I love your work and hope that in some form or another you are still writing.

Linds

x
Askani Blue chapter 6 . 6/9/2006
This is where I always have problems in fic where people switch gender. Its like "Look, I'm suddenly female, let's use the new parts out!" I like your writing but I have a very very hard time believing that even magic that switched your gender would flip your gender preferance. Gender association isn't tied to gender preferance. I could buy a spell flipping one or the other but to assume that they would automatically go together...? I would find this premise far more belivable if Remus had been at least a little bi to begin with.

As a transgendered person myself (a straight man that ended up with the wrong damn plumbing, not a lesbian), I've found that gender preferance is simply too intregral to who you are. As someone that spends every day in Lupin's position, I promise you I've never looked at a good looking man and thought "I gotta get me some of that!"
Angsty Magee chapter 19 . 5/31/2006