Reviews for Home's the Farthest Way
shogi chapter 17 . 9/1/2007
Hey there! I'm back! Hahaha, anyways, I had a question. I was wondering if you could explain the name of this one to me? Like, where did you get it from or what meaning it has? I sort of have an idea but it'd be cool to hear what it really is from the one who named it. Thanks! Great story, as always. I had to review here 'cause I already reviewed at the end. :D
iamthedreadpirateroberts chapter 19 . 8/19/2007
Woah. I had no clue when this fanfic was written until this chapter (I always review the last chapter). It's rather old, seeing as it's the August after Deathly Hallows came out. I've been reading it over the past week, and I must say, it's wonderful. Better than my own stuff, but a main contributer to that is that I don't see it through. I could never post up nineteen chapters. I lose the idea too fast, or another one hits.

I'm not easily distracted! I'm easily amused, that's all. [Yeah right, but there's no way I'm telling anyone that! ;)]

-The Dread Pirate Roberts
shogi chapter 19 . 7/24/2007
Wow... I think I said that for the other one too but... wow...

Amazing job and totally believable! It's one of the best pieces I've read and never of these two. Gender-bending, how phenomenal! Brilliant idea! I loved it whole-heartedly! And it's not a dry-cut happy ending, they both still have problems which will need work and that also makes your story wonderful. I find it too hard to comprehend sometimes when, at the end of the story, everything's all tickity-boo. That's not real, not... believable.

Oh! Hahaha! Snape's proposal almost made me fall off the chair! I think I was just as shocked as Remus! Poor guy, I *was* wondering how on earth he was going to go about telling Remus he loved her but that was brilliant and so very appropriate for Severus.

Excellent work! I plan to check out the rest of your works so maybe you'll hear from me soon!

(Did you say sequals?)

Oh yes, another thing I remembered: please tell your beta, was it Michelle? thanks for convincing you to write this idea out. Fanfiction, doesn't the little blurb say "Release your imagination" or something or other? No idea is too weird for FF!
willyork chapter 10 . 4/23/2007
this is gonna be a LONG process isn't it? poor remus, HE doesn't see it, where any girl would at least have a niggling... and severus'd NEVER say anything. i think you really got it perfect when you said he had victorian sensibilities- that's exactly right. Now if only everyone else realized that... *sigh*
Kirinin chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
OMG - Umbridge! You evil, evil person! I literally gasped aloud when she was introduced. Yes, she *was* responsible for dealing with the werewolves, wasn't she? I seem to recall that she passed some truly terrible legislation that was hinted at in canon, and I have to suspect her motives.

I guess she's recovered from her stint in the woods? Or perhaps she's become a werewolf, herself? Searching for motivation, here...

-K
GossamerLily chapter 19 . 2/23/2007
This was an absolutely wonderful fanfic. I loved the voices you gave to the characters. I enjoyed reading ever word.
Hafae a.k.a. Hufflepuffer242 chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Sorry, I wasn't going to review until I got all the way to the most recently posted chapter, but: Arizona! Wo!

Okay. I got that out. (Being from Phoenix and everything...) So far this is an extremly well done, well thought out, and well written fic. Good job!
Jiapa chapter 19 . 1/5/2007
This is a wonderful story. Poignant and well written. I just was referred to your site, and thoroughly enjoyed everything on it.

I did notice that the last update was in 12/05. Are you still writing?

Thank you.
Ariana-807 chapter 19 . 9/25/2006
Hey, I read the story, I know it was finished like one year ago, but I am new to this, and I find many stories that I think is intherting and I liked this one!
LinZE chapter 19 . 8/20/2006
This was fabulous.

I love your work and hope that in some form or another you are still writing.

Linds

x
Askani Blue chapter 6 . 6/9/2006
This is where I always have problems in fic where people switch gender. Its like "Look, I'm suddenly female, let's use the new parts out!" I like your writing but I have a very very hard time believing that even magic that switched your gender would flip your gender preferance. Gender association isn't tied to gender preferance. I could buy a spell flipping one or the other but to assume that they would automatically go together...? I would find this premise far more belivable if Remus had been at least a little bi to begin with.

As a transgendered person myself (a straight man that ended up with the wrong damn plumbing, not a lesbian), I've found that gender preferance is simply too intregral to who you are. As someone that spends every day in Lupin's position, I promise you I've never looked at a good looking man and thought "I gotta get me some of that!"
Angsty Magee chapter 19 . 5/31/2006
Best...Snape...EVER!
Sandi chapter 19 . 5/25/2006
i appreciate this story very much. The story kept me very involved. The best thing about fan fiction is that you get to see so many perspectives on a single character. Remus does/would make an excellent woman. It seems natural that someone who suffers from lycanthropy would make the transition better. After all both types of people have their own monthlies.

I also thing you did job at developing Harry.
kari2500 chapter 19 . 3/27/2006
i thought this werewolf cure was quite unique and very realistic. i havent read the other stories of yours thats compliant to this one, but i like the concepts from them, like Severus being a guard dog. makes me quite the curious kitten. _~

i like that this is post-war with Voldemort. so that it can focuse more on just the werewolf problem and the developing relationship. i like the fact that everyone got reconition for their contribution to the war, including a werefolf like Remus, and a Spy/Former Death Eater like Severus. *laughs* i think poor harry wants to escape all the reconition he gets. which reminds me of that hilarious scene in the very beginning where Remus and Sev were trying to hide.

well anyway, i seriously do hate Unbridge in this story. her ideals and morals are so sickengly twisted. i especially hate the fact that she endangered Remus just to sterilize him. how selfish and completly unjust, i love the irony of it in the end when she is fired when she herself is a werewolf. she most certainly deserves it. i hope she has a mental breakdown from becoming what she hates most. i hope she suffers everyday for the rest of her life.

i'm one of those people who read the Ranma 1/2 manga, so a boy changing into a girl isnt that unusual for me either. not to mention im quite extremely open-minded so i wouldnt have been offended in the least even if i havent seen Ranma.

I love how Severus came by the hopital ward so often to see Remus and bring lunch with him. it was so sweet, and he's so considerate for doing so.

i thought it was quite funny in the beginning when Remus was getting used to being a woman. especially Hyacinth, i believe her name was. she was quite an interesting character, but i find all your original characters have such great characterization that i cant help but be intriguied by their unique personalities. i also like that all the girls helped Remus through the transition.

now, Baron like Umbridge is simply a character one can not help but dislike and hate. he was just so disgustingly arrogent and concieted. so full of himslef and confident in a bad way. i dislike the way he played with Remus, but i understand complications like this are for the sake of the story and even though i dont like it, it did make the story more interesting and well thought out.

im not sure what the story is on the mirror Hermione gave Severus but it seems that might be explained in one of your other stories. personally i thought it was a nice idea, and rather comforting to know Sev could feel Remus' presence through it as well as protect her; almost like an guardian angel.

the entire chapter of Remus being Kidnapped by Baron into the Forbidden forest was intense and very suspenseful. i was getting quite worried about remus and so i was Delighted whenSeverus rescued her. its a shame she had the shock of her house, the only thing she truly called her own being taken away from her by being destroyed. *curses a string of colorful insults and creative curses at Baron under her breath* but im glad such a horrible event got her and Severus together.

i especially like the end, when they say that neither of them are perfect, and life will never be, but they will take care of each other and make the best of it.

Such a nice ending to a wonderful story.

i really did enjoy reading this story immensely and i truly love the story.

well, Ja ne~

~Kari~
MAEday chapter 18 . 3/24/2006
Just forgot to add you to my favorites list. Accidentally pressed the send button while reviewing for chapter nineteen. Gotta run!
469 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »