Reviews for Flood
legolin12 chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
This story is written very well! I like how you write how Denethor handled things, and alternately how Faramir handled it.
Plus, I love Faramir :)
Legolin
Moose Voose chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
Oh, man. The last line.

Beautiful. I love Faramir and his family as you paint them.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Undoubtedly, this is one of the best (if not THE best) characterizations of Denethor I've encountered. He is not cruel or devoid of love, but he is proud, hard, and difficult. He comforts Faramir, once Boromir alerted him, but also demands that the boy not disappoint him or his mother. He shows genuine concern and affection, while laying an unfair and heavy burden, which undoubtedly he sees as for the best.
Also, your characterization of both Faramir & Boromir is excellent. I love how you demonstrated that Boromir is caught between his brother and his father, and how he handles that.
This story would have been wonderful with just the first part, but with the second part it's amazing. I was surprised and impressed by the contrast you created. It's a lovely display of Faramir's wisdom- and how his knowlege of men's hearts move him to pity rather than scorn.
Without a doubt, this has to be one of my favorite LotR fanfics. Thanks for sharing!
Ivanolix chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
This was gorgeous! I love stories with parallels, this one was excellently handled. I especially liked Denethor refusing to see what was happening to his wife...it seems perfectly within his character.
Miss Quartermain chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
cute. i always did like faramir's intelligence. Marry me, David Wenham!
Mina-chan AMD chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
That was such a nice story. I really liked it and think you did an excellent job. I don't know why but the ending nearly made me cry. I guess it was just the way you tied it all together. Great job!
lilithschilde chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
Such a wonderful ficlet! The way you meshed each scene was flawless. You've captured each character beautifully. Well done!
Catmint chapter 1 . 4/1/2005
Absolutely beautiful. Lovely transition from Faramir's childhood to his married life, excellent characterisation and great writing style. *beams*
TheMadSister chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
I'm sorry but I really didn't have the time to review sooner and even now... *look at the clock*... I must leave to take the plane in less than an hour! Anyway, your story is amazing! Your are my favorite Faramir's fanfic writer!

So, I hope to read another of your stories when I will come back in mid-January! *smile*

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :o)
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
That was very sweet and well thought out. I loved the parallels you drew! You're very good at that, and at making your characters seem alive and real. Keep writing!
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
Great to see another Faramir story from you! This one is lovely. Excellent contrast between Denethor as a father and Faramir. Denethor is characterised very well; he isn't a monster, just a very proud and selfish man - HIS wife isn't a dying flower, and Minas Tirith is her home; and he insists that a five-year-old child be strong for him. Faramir is more sensitive and sensible with his own little boy.
clairon chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
Yo Lady Wen!

Glad to see your creative juices are flowing again. What a lovely piece!
Patty chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
Oh my, the end? I was preparing myself for a nice long read.

It's a lovely story, well balanced with the two time periods. The part with the "pocket-sized adult" Faramir was touching and quite charming.
Flare En Kuldes chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
Oh... that was heart-wrenching. The part that especially got me was Faramir comparing his mother to the dying flower. That got the tears flowing.

It was nice to see a rare moment of tenderness between Denethor and Faramir. I like to think that Denethor truly did love his son... but that's a topic for another time.

I love how Faramir is utterly devoted to making Eowyn happy... the ending made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. _
The Noble Platypus chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
Lovely little one-shot! _ I was happy to see something new from you in my inbox, hehe. "Ooh! The person who writes the awesome Faramir fics!"

I don't think the intended metaphor was driven into the ground, really. It wasn't exactly subtle, but sometimes blatant works surprisingly well. :)

Keep the luverly ficlets coming!

~Platy