Reviews for A Lesson In Living
Amaratta chapter 6 . 5/10/2007
I note there aren't many HLTR story out there, and you've done a good job with this one. I like the idea of Amanda asking Methos to train Nick. Mind you I'm always interested in the Amanda/Methos relationship. It's just a little strange Methos would tell Nick who he was, but well, it's your fiction.
La Llorona chapter 6 . 4/26/2006
Ah well, better late than never with a review I guess!

I wish more people did Highlander:The Raven stories. I loved that series!

I liked the story - didn't think it was bad at all. I always thought it was horrible how the fans got left with a gigantic cliff hanger like that! I hope you decide to continue with your next one as well.
NateSean chapter 6 . 12/5/2005
Well, I have to say I really liked this story, for what it offered.

But the one bit of constructive criticism I have is that you missed the opportunity for some real character development.

This would have been an excellent opportunity to really explore Nick's character. Why he is the way he is, the things that happened to him to color his view of Immortals and immortality in general.

Even the relationship between Nick and Methos, Nick and his new enemy, and Nick and his old friends could have been fleshed out a bit.

As it stands though this was a good story.
NateSean chapter 2 . 12/5/2005
Not a bad chapter over all, though I felt Nick's first challenge and his encounter with Methos could have been a little more detailed.

I like it so far though. :)
NateSean chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
Not a bad start. Are you planning on continuing it?
darkelf1313 chapter 6 . 7/5/2005
Ok, but can you do an epilogue or even a sequel with the Amanda reunion? that storyline has so much potential, and I am currently writing one myself, but i would like to see someone else give it a go. Please?
GoldenRat chapter 6 . 6/14/2005
Short & sweet. Nice fic. There's no way in hell, Adam would have told Nick he's Methos. But still an enjoyable read.
ellennar chapter 6 . 6/9/2005
My thanks for an enjoyable story. Are you planning a sequel?
GoldenRat chapter 5 . 5/29/2005
Nice interaction between Adam & Nick.
HoneyBee1 chapter 4 . 4/23/2005
Absolutely great! I always thought that Amanda or even Mac (Richie's replacement) that would be Nick's teacher. But never Methos. This is a great piece of storytelling.
Village Mystic chapter 4 . 12/9/2004
I'm enjoying your story so far. As for comments on the content - nothing wrong with it.

Fast paced, some characterization, mostly enough visuals to get a sense of space and what's going on.

Improvement - maybe a tad more physical description. Nice job at including some other 5 senses information and some internal dialog/thoughts.

For Nick - I'd say you probably do NEED to emphasize his work schedule interfering with his practice schedule a bit, and maybe you could hint at any ongoing cases he's involved in/investigating.

Personal bias - a subplot for what else Methos might be doing with his time. It doesn't have to be a romance or a battle. It could be something as simple as using the local public library to check for obscure information, or having a neighbor with a personal problem or who needs a friend - and his either reluctant or passionate (with life) envolvement. Or maybe he's doing some charity work at the soup kitchen a few days a week on the side. Stuff like that.
hellfirestar chapter 2 . 11/16/2004
Off to a very good start. You do a good job at getting into the character's head and seeing things as the character would. Bravo on bringing in Methos! They didn't do enough with him in the series - and barely a cameo in the movie! I would look forward to reading a story in which methos is portrayed as somewhat of a darker, more mysterious character, where at times it seems like he blurs the line between right and wrong. Someone that old must have a completely different psychological makeup than a mortal, or even a "young" immortal. I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I'm sure whatever you have planned is going to be good. Anyway, keep up the good work, and I look forward to reading the rest of your story.
wajag chapter 2 . 11/12/2004
you tell him methos! I love it when he does the Indiana Jones thing! please keep going
trfan chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Yay, a Raven story! We don't get nearly enough of them. I can't wait to read more. :)
Rameryt chapter 2 . 11/11/2004
This is interesting. I don't really know a lot of the Reven as I've never watchedit, but I do know a bit from other fanfics. It sounds plausible that Nick would run of but really, would Methos be bothered to help him? Even if it means doing Amanda a favour. Still, the story seems interesting so far, but too soon to say really. I'll be waiting for more.