Reviews for Eye of the Beholder
genny62890 chapter 6 . 6/9/2006
This is totally random, but I was rereading this and I realized something: you know the story Kratos tells Zelos about the stars? It reminded me of The Lion King, how Mufasa (is that spelled right?) tells Simba about the stars are people who've died looking down on us? Or something like that. I think the reason the resemblance struck me is because Cam Clarke, the voice actor of Kratos, is the singing voice of Simba in The Lion King II. I don't know whether you're aware or not...just thought I'd say something about it. Did you do it on purpose? And yeah, it is a really pretty story...I wanna hear Zelos sing!
genny62890 chapter 16 . 3/14/2006
I...don't know what to say...or rather, where to start, because this story was SO FRICKIN' GOOD! I think "Bite me, sinners" is going down in my list of all-time favorite quotes, and when I read the tree of sense part, I laughed so hard I cried...I'm pretty sure that's the first picture of yours I saw on FAC, and I loved it so much, it was my wallpaper for weeks. I really love the poems at the ends of the chapters, they're really beautiful. It all really fit into the game too...they should make a sequel to the game where this story happens...there's so little Kratos in the game...well, there's some, but not nearly enough! And I'm sorry I didn't review for every chapter of the story, but it was so good, I couldn't stop! And I'm a sucker for romance, so the ending was making me so happy and sad at the same time I was grinning like an idiot while tears were streaming down my cheeks! Once again, great story, and I'm gonna go check out your other ones when I get the opportunity (I'm getting kicked off right now). Keep up ze good work, s'il vous plait!
Ice Prince Marth chapter 16 . 9/5/2005
oh, what a grand story! I LOVE the way you made Kratos If he were all uptight it would've been a lot less interesting...I love your use of lines from the game, the lyrics, the spells, it was all just so well planned out and so well written...I love it so much! Wonderful, amazing job ! I wanna read this other story now too! *runs off to find it*
Ocean Rose chapter 16 . 6/5/2005
Ah! I'm so glad I stumbled on this! Absolutely fantastic, all of it! Truly, TRULY one of the best fics I've ever read. It was a wonderful follow-up to the other three one-shots, and a great pleasure to read.

The ending was pure genius, wonderful beyond words! The song's lyrics were heart-warming to read, and I must say I loved the little poems at the end of each chapter.

In closing, I'd like to say that I adore the gradual change in Kratos's personality. It makes complete sense to me that he would become more light-hearted, but it was not overdone at all in the story. I also have to agree that the "Bite me, sinners!" was a magnificent touch. XD

I tip my hat to you, my friend!

OceanRose
Satanic Mechanic chapter 16 . 5/16/2005
Well, it took me awhile but I finally finished reading all this (as well as the one-shots leading up to it). I wasn't sure about the whole idea of the Kratos-Lloyd-Zelos family thing, but I warmed up to it. It works, very great idea.

I'm always amazed when I come across fics like this, with lots of character development and a carefully plotted out story line. It takes alot of dedication and I have much respect. I also really liked the little poems at the end of every chapter, charming!

All in all a wonderful read. I usually only read shonen-ai, so something has to be REALLY good for me to sit through 16 chapters of it if it's not. *snickers*

Anyway...great job. Now I'm off to start on the following story arc...
FairyV chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
Wow. I laughed. I cried. Such an amazing story - well thought out and beautifully presented.
The Absconding One chapter 16 . 4/12/2005
...Bite me, Sinners? Excuse me while I go and die laughing...

Mm'k, better now. Digi-Dolphin, you are absolutely amazing. Your story was wonderfully written, funny and serious bits alike, and I adore the Kratos Lloyd Zelos "family" idea. You've given me back my respect for Zelos Wilder, something I thought no author would ever be able to do. Thank you muchly.

Ciao,

Tao
Gamecube chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
This is so cool man! Lloyd, Kratos, Zelos, Sheena, Presea, Genis and raine rule! But the first 3 take the spotlight heh!
ryder77 chapter 16 . 12/15/2004
oh yeah, and one big THANK YOU for not pairing up Raine and Kratos m(_ _)m
ryder77 chapter 16 . 12/15/2004
Whoa! Updates galore O_O

WONDERFUL STORY! D D D

Such emotion...

Such action...

Such character development...!

You, my friend, are an instant addition to my bookmarks! o/

Interesting preview to your next fic, too. I look forward to reading it.

Seles and Genis? Now THAT is a pairing I'd like somebody explore in a fanfic. ;)

Oh, and I'm wondering if Yuan is going to be in your next fic. He's my 3rd favorite angel _

Anyway, good job on this fic and your trilogy, and good luck on your next fic. m(_"_)m
WhitterZ chapter 12 . 12/14/2004
Wow! I had so much reading to do! I finally finished your story (yeah, I know it says I'm on chapter twelve. Don't worry, I did read all sixteen chapters!). Anyway, I was so glad everyone was okay! I laughed at the "bite me sinners!" AW! That was so cute! I couldn't understand why Kratos got mad at Zelos for that though... Hmm. I really like Caleb! He's the best other-character that I ever read. Are you going to put him in your next story? Anyway, I went to this chapter again so I could read about the "Tree of Sense." Tee hee. I love that joke. Anyway, I'll be waiting for the next installment.
Trickssi chapter 16 . 12/14/2004
I have not reviewed religiously throughout this story as I am sure others have, however I must give my highest compliments to this work. The way you added Zelos into the Aurion family was quite fitting; now that I replay the game, I can most definitely see how you attainted the idea. Kratos told Zelos to get the Aionis for Lloyd... definitely connections there. Your words weaved the tale together believably, and had I not been so consumed by my own Sheelos, I would have been inspired to write a Zelos-into-Aurions spinoff vignette myself. However, I have a feeling nothing that is spawned from these fingers can be as eloquently put as your story. My highest accolades to you and your pen; eagerly awaiting your next series!
Rayestar Ikina chapter 16 . 12/13/2004
Oh! I wonder... Lovely chapter, though. But now I'm all interested in your next fic, hehe. U Oh yeah, and is Caleb going to make any reappearances? He was cool!

~Rei Hoshi

P.S. Have you gotten the Compound EX Skill "Resilience" for Colette?
Rayestar Ikina chapter 15 . 12/13/2004
Pretty poems, as always. Ah, the flashback part. That always seems to be the most sorrowful moment. Your two chapters came out quick, but I haven't read the second one yet. And so, that means...the three male angels' souls have gone! Ah!

~Rei Hoshi
A fan of ToS chapter 16 . 12/13/2004
I just hope you'll still write as good as today. And maybe write again with Seles? Even if she doesn't take a big place in the game, I'm a fan of her. Even if she kicked my ass several time in mania when i wanted to beat her without Lloyd...
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »