Reviews for Comfort and Joy
Guest chapter 5 . 1/17/2014
Hi :)
I'm Jennifer. I'm loving what I read. I have a LOT more to say about that but I don't want to write my own 'book' right at this moment. Right now I'd like to ask a question or two. As I read it looks as tho what I'm reading was written a few years ago. Nothing later than 2010. This is now 2014. I read all of what I can find in "Nan". Just 4 chapters :(
So my question is, is that it? Did something happen that it couldn't be finished? I'm now reading "Comfort and Joy". Already read "Once, of Ingleside". And as I said I'm loving it!
You have posted numerous times about your email but I can't find a link or that information. So here is mine if you even get this note to respond to.
ruby gillis chapter 28 . 10/23/2012
I reviewed Louise's Meggie in the past few days and tonight I am reading through your Walter fics and loving them just as much as the first time around. I especially love this chapter - now I see where you got Hope's name, from Albert's speech to Katie here.
citychick chapter 36 . 7/30/2010
A beautiful, tearful chapter.
how.it.is chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Please read "And so goodnight" again, especially the last is nothing wrong with using your imagination, but facts are facts and the must be faced and all know that deep down inside Walter REALLY DID DIE ; and there is absolutely NOTHING we can do about it. Personally I think that the last paragraph of "And so goodnight" is telling us a very true piece of reality that many young women lost their sweethearts and STAYED is one of the many consequences of the Great War.

always keep faith...
r6144 chapter 36 . 3/7/2008
Joyce Blythe. Oh, it's ingenious of you to put her in. It gives some warmness to this otherwise unendurably sad moment.
r6144 chapter 34 . 3/7/2008
What a darling family! I wish you had written more about the happy days of Johnny and Katie and the twins. I much prefer the joy to the sorrow.
Account Not Found chapter 36 . 3/7/2008
*sob sob* the end was sad...but i liked it! poor katie though... did you write this before or after once of ingleside? sorry, i am just too lazy to looke it up. any way, i'm glad that wa;ter finda love with katie and una. pity katie dies though... in such a dramatic way too. anyway, no matter how sad it is, i still like it very much!

WalterUnaForever

P.S hey guess what! you just wrote the Once,Of Ingleside trilogy! you could call it that!

W.U.F

P.S.S please please please read my story! i need 1 more review before i will update it! i'm sure you'll like it! it's called Una of Apple Blossom Cottage!
ElouiseBates chapter 36 . 5/3/2007
I cried the first time I rad this, and I chocked up again now, re-reading it so I could finally give a review. As much as I loved Una and Walter together, I hate so much to see Katie go-she was so vibrant and full of life! I love the bit with Joy, and how she comforts Tenny. And it's so sweet that Albert comes to take her away. So, hope and sorrow both mix in this chapter, but in the end, I think hope wins out. Thank you for a lovely story!
Joyce LaKee chapter 36 . 4/28/2007
At long last, I've finished this fic and I really enjoyed it. I can also see how well it blends with "Once of Ingleside". LOTS of opportunities for sequels!
Joyce LaKee chapter 34 . 4/3/2007
I liked the nickname Cletus (like Cletus-the-fetus?) and the way you used that verse from Job but to express a joyful event (most writers use it for sad occasions).
russianjudge chapter 36 . 4/2/2007
I have enjoyed this story very much and am a bit sad that it has ended. Such tragedy and yet such hope for the future. I look forward to the continuing stories you have going for this set, they are all so lovable.
Joyce LaKee chapter 28 . 3/28/2007
I thought this chapter had a very mystical, dream-like quality and I like a touch of mysticism in a story.
Joyce LaKee chapter 24 . 3/25/2007
Just got through the tornado-arc. This is really ambitious-now there's even a tie-in with GWTW (naturally, I like that.)
Joyce LaKee chapter 16 . 3/23/2007
I'm up to chapter 16 now, and I can really see where it's a crossover, like you said.

But ohmygosh, this chapter was so heartrending and sad! I'm verklempt and I need a break. But I'll be back.
Joyce LaKee chapter 6 . 3/21/2007
I'm up to chapter six now and I think I just caught a "North and South" reference. And I just know the "Kindred Spirits and Bosom Friends" book with the author named Anne something has just gotta be a kinda circular reference to LMM. Very clever. And that Lydia-is she one tough chick or what? Hope we see more of her.