Reviews for The Dragon Falls
Caylee chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Dear Fellow Fan,

I thought you may like to know that Ms. Rawn does not condone the use or manipulation of her worlds or characters for RPG's, Fan Fiction or any other derivative works. To read it straight from the author’s fingers, please follow this link ( bb. ) to Melanie Rawn’s website. The initial post in the thread was made by Ms. Rawn herself, and the whole thread is full of all the answers to the whys and why nots as well as a few other informative links. I can see that you have worked very hard on you fanfic and must be disappointed, but one fan to another, I would suggest that you remove your fanfic from the website, out of respect for the wishes of an author you obviously admire. If you have any questions, concerns, or would just like someone to flame at over the injustice of it all, please feel free to contact me.

In Light,

Caylee
vita dulcis chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
?s&threadid198

In a nutshell:

My publisher and agent have just one word about this issue:

As I think I must have said someplace before, you'd be much better off writing your own characters in your own universe. The work would be your own, and you wouldn't have to hassle with snooty authors (!) or frowning publishers and agents.

Melanie

If you wanna write fics, write in a fandom where the creator doesn't prohibit such works. HP, if you're interested, is a wonderful one to write for-tons of sites besides that host 'em, and JK is basically ok with it as well.

Since you're a fan, join the MRBB (Melanie Rawn BB), where the Creator herself comes and posts, and we have discussions about anything from her works to politics to how to tell if a guy/girl likes you to basically anything.
Freya the Dark chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
O_O Oh. My. Goddess. You read Melanie Rawn? That is awesome! What's your favorite book? Mine's the Star Scroll! sorry, it's just, I don't know a whole lot of people who read Melanie Rawn, let alone know who she is, so...anyway, Pretty good for your first fic! Please write more soon!
Mirkwoodmaiden chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
It's a really good start. You write of sunrunning really well. I'd like to read more. I loved Melanie Rawn's books. Thought they were wonderful.

I agree with you I loved Andry and just thought he was really misunderstood. I realise that Pol and he could not exist in the same continent the way the story was written, but I still really felt sorry for Andry.