Reviews for A Moment For the Background
lala chapter 1 . 3/20
Loved
Cute. Good job at capturing the characters accurately. The writing is pretty clean too.
Cedek18 chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
Very cute story. I love your stories! Make sure you keep writing them!
talyy chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
How the television's images were reflecting on Cyborg was symbolic for how BB saw himself in Raven and at the end. Also, when it was off, it was to signify that their confusion over each other is ove and now both have an understanding of each other's predicaments and are gonna face it together. This was a pleasant read although it had a couple sentence errors but it did not waver the quality of the fic.
Caprichoso chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
You're right; the TV does seem a bit odd without understanding it as a metaphor. On with no sound, on with soft sounds, no light... on the surface, it sounds like it's time for Cy to do some tinkering. I'm not entirely certain I got what you were trying for with it, though. Is the TV displaying what supposedly "should" be happening in an ideal world? There's sound when there should be conversation, light when there's something important to see and ponder, then nothing when everything's at peace.

Your interactions are wonderful, the dialogue spot-on. There are some tense issues and typos to be found, but they don't interfere with comprehension. All in all, this is a great story, and I'm looking forward to reading more from you as time permits.
TexMurphy chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Well, that was a really good read. I didn't get the TV thing, I have to say, but then I'm not a frequent reader.

I really don't have anything bad to say since the characters worked and it felt pretty much on the money, but here's something: if you feel you have the censor the word 'God', why not choose an alternative?

Great job with this.
anadylive chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Perfection. 3
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
That was pretty good. Not sure I got the silent TV with static, but it must have something to do with the other 3 being asleep, unaware that BB and Raven are having a moment. It's almost like they're in a pocket in time, trapped between two ticks on the clock.
Levitress chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
OMG i loved the story you should think about turning into a multi chapter fic continueing on with the story that would be amazing
Anthony1l chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
This story is hilarious, interesting, original, touching, and unique.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
That was very touching. You have quite a deft hand with SHOWING emotion rather than just TALKING about it.

The TV is important, huh? Symbolic, then. It's on, but just ... standing by. Not actually doing anything. Dark, showing nothing, even though it is running.

Okay, maybe I get it. I can be a little slow some days.

So this is your "early work"? It's over seven years since you posted it here. Comparing it with "Forecasted Thunderstorms", I can see improvement here and there. You had a few typos in this one, but I didn't catch a single mistake in the later story.

I think I'll tackle your novella now. I'm something of a Terra fan myself (never have quite understood all the haters here ... what's their problem?) so I'm looking forward to it.

This goes in Favorites.
flightlessraven chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
love love loove!
reaper with no name chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
An incredibly well-written story. It took me a few reads before I was able to put my finger on exactly what the symbolism meant (it was obvious what it was, but not exactly what it stood for). Very cute fic.
NCILexie chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
AWESOME STORY, YOU SHOULD MAKE A SEQUEL
SuperheroGirlX chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Great story! I've had it favorited for a while, but I just read it again for the first time in a long time. Nice use of characters. BB and Raven really sounded like themselves. :)