Reviews for Breaking point
jensteed chapter 2 . 7/26/2014
This is the best story I've read of Snape's reaction to the abysmal Occlumency lessons, it felt so real. You have such a skill for writing and you capture him perfectly.
MuggleCreator chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
Nice stuff.
Saramagician chapter 2 . 11/23/2011
Interesting! very interesting! keep writing I want to see what happen in next chapter...
Kniga-Sitara chapter 2 . 10/30/2011
Nice, thanks!
Spencerreid chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
"academic brilliance"

Im 100% sure that he had some of the best grades in Hogwarts. Especially considering that he's like a calm and male version of Hermonie.
icansoar chapter 2 . 1/27/2011
You captured Snape's frustration quite well here. I can't wait for another update n_n
notwolf chapter 2 . 1/18/2011
I can totally see Snape's point. How frustrating it must be to try to do Dumbledore's will, while hating the boy you're trying to help, and the blasted brat treats you like crap-just like his dear father did. Even though Harry was sickened by what he saw, Snape never knew that, and Harry was too stupid and proud to try being nice to him.
Swallow B chapter 2 . 5/11/2010
I really liked this one. "This boy was like a Dementor". So true. A lot of great insights.

I do wonder at the reason why Snape didn't see any Snape-related incidents. It could have been for a number of reasons, one of them being that JK Rowling didn't want to get into that. But then again, perhaps he did. We don't know what happened in every single lesson and we only know Harry's POV.

This scene was the point where I really began to feel for Snape and to realise that Harry sometimes acted like an insensitive idiot.
godwit chapter 2 . 9/14/2009
I just realised that I have never reviewed this story and I just want to say that I think it is brilliant! It gives a very good description of the relationship between Snape and Harry from Snape's point of view, and I love your portrayal of Snape; his explosive anger, his self-loathing and his vulnerability. It is a very compassionate description. I also like the way you show the relationship between him and Dumbledore. And I absolutely adore the mirror and the grimace! :-)
AllegroAssai chapter 2 . 1/1/2009
I have read this a few months ago. In German. Did you translate it at some point?

It's quite thoughtful.

It says a lot about Severus' character that he didn't watch Harry leave the Office but trusted him to do so. Despite all his shitty experiences, Severus still couldn't imagine DOING that to a person, so he didn't think someone would do it to him. A little bit naive, perhaps, but shows his humanity. DD can imagine doing it. Obviously.

The "some wounds run too deep" comment of Dumbledore's says a lot if you really think about it. It means he blames Severus. Not only that... it also means that he thinks Severus to be a vengeful, unforgiving git who just refuses to teach Harry because of what his dad did. Harry blames Severus, too when he complains that Snape threw him out of his Office.
trekker2002 chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
I love it. There are so many 'missing' scenes from canon and it is a joy to find well written ones such as this. Thank you once again.
Animorphgirl chapter 2 . 8/16/2007
Good "missing moment" piece. Definitely explains why Dumbledore didn't push with the Occlumency lessons after the pensieve incident. Very well written!
emptyword chapter 2 . 5/15/2007
Wow. Once again, a beautiful Snape piece pulsing with the hurt that runs as inescapable in his life as the blood in his veins.

"'He looks at me with the same hate. He treats me with the same contempt.' And you look at him with the same love." - I thought I might cry at this. I'm a little hesitant to buy as quickly into some aspects of your version of Snape (I don't think he is quite as inherently good as the man who admits to Dumbledore his own shame in wanting to wring a fifteen-year-old's neck), but this painful bit, the acrid jealousy and loss he must feel, could not be closer to the truth, I think.

And you make a very good point that Snape never really pillages Harry's memories relating to himself. It must be scalding enough to be presented physically with the evidence of Harry's hatred towards him. "But finding his way had been like swimming through flame-gel, thick choking and sticky, scalding through his skin to leave him blistered and raw." Beautiful description.

Favorites, of course.
Bottled Fame chapter 2 . 2/9/2007
I've been reading this too and find that this is a very good assessment of a depressive situation, in which a personality like Snape once again has to stand alone because he never finds an appropriate shoulder to lean on.
bennybear chapter 2 . 11/25/2006
“...the man whose disappointment he feared more than the Dark Lord’s fury.” That’s my favourite.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »