Reviews for Costume Jewelry
Sabishi Tomo chapter 7 . 4/25/2009
I know you wrote this a long time ago, but I absolutely love this :D! Mai's POV was very refreshing.
darkrunner chapter 7 . 2/14/2008
So I said I was going to finish reviewing this, what, a month ago? _;; I really meant to... then i guess I just forgot... Here's a funny story about why I finally remember. Tonight I suddenly get the urge to reread the fic about what happened on the way back from Duelist Kingdom. Well, I don't remember the name or the author of the fic, so I go to my recent reviews and start looking at stuff that only has one chapter, cause it was a one-shot, wasn't it? _;; I go though like 6 months of reviews, then start searching stories by summary for another 5 or 10 minutes before I remember that it wasn't a one-shot at all, it was part of your fic that I never reviewed. So I went back and read that chapter again (loved it) and now am here reviewing the ending of your fic.

I really liked the theme that you had going in the story. Usually when I write fics, I'll just go "ooh, that sounds cool" or "I like this plot" and not have any rhyme or reason, let alone recurring theme to it. Which of course made me feel like a very mediocre writer indeed. I have to be honest, in terms of writing, I've read better. But those that I've read better at either absolutely brilliant (i.e. Scribbler) or just have more experience, and none of them write polar anyway. Compared to the bulk of the polar fics I've read, it was very good, and I loved it! One of the best character analysises of Mai I've ever read. Going on my favs right now! Thanks for the great read!
darkrunner chapter 5 . 1/13/2008
I was going to read all the way through and then review, but something in this chapter caught my eye, and I figured I'd better write it down before I forgot. The thing about Malik not doing any thing more sadistic than putting Mai in an hourglass... that was actually edited for the anime. In the manga, she was being eaten alive by scarab-like bugs. And in both the anime and manga, she was going to die after 24 hours. (we have the dub to thank for not telling us that) And her parents were technically dead, but that's such obscure knowledge that it's hardly even worht mentioning. And to be honest, I like your version better. Same with the shadow realm; even though it went by the dub version, I still really liked it.

However, one thing I didn't like: "He had Helmos, he could have won." Helmos fused with Red Eyes to make the sword. Mai played Harpie's Feather Duster and killed the sword. Helmos was in the graveyard. Mai won outright. (And Beckett should print a correction, because their idiotic reviewer got it wrong!) Unless I'm wrong, in which case I most sincerely apologize, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened...

But overall, I LOVE this fic! Mai is so unbelievably in-character! Wow! Expect another review from me soon, becaue I really want to keep reading this fic! Great job!
llivla chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
loved the first half, it was hilarious!
Secretly Sparkling chapter 7 . 12/21/2006
That was beautiful. It was funny and cutsey on first glance (first chapter was hilarious), but it held great depth and added meaning to an often generalized character.

Mai was shaped slightly differently here than from what I usually see in other fanfics... she was sweeter here, more denied-rich-girl than stuck-up-bitch. I'm sorry, I'm not explaining too well, but Mai has a certain girlish sweetness that I don't often see. I thought it was amazing, even if it wasn't your intent.

(Mai/Joey is just pure awesome-ness, too. haha)
lerisia chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
the first chappie is so cute!

it was like one of our monologue presentations a yir ago...

it's title was "ANG MAYAMANG BABAE AT ANG POBRENG BABAE" or something like that... it was for a Filipino subject!

Anyways, i like it!

It's really a shame that I've just noticed this fanfic now...
demon chapter 7 . 12/10/2005
good
cherryopsicle chapter 3 . 11/11/2005
Pegsy, funny !
cherryopsicle chapter 2 . 11/11/2005
Power to the girls!

*bunbunlover*
cherryopsicle chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
That was quite interesting. Not in a bad way, of course. 'Cause I wouln't had place it in my favorites. It really did catch my interest. I had already read this a few days ago but my stupid computer had a glitch...so I wasn't able to review...then.

*bunbunlover*
Perentie Fan chapter 7 . 10/21/2005
It should be a crime that this story hasn't gotten more reviews. but I'm glad you've stuck with it for so long anyway. It's one of the few excellent Mai/Joey stories out there. I like how the story isn't so much a story as a lot of snapshots, it's a unique way of writing that could easily go wrong but you pull it off quite perfectly.

*wonders if Mai or Joey ever will appear in GX (which I hear takes place around ten years after the end of the original series), even a five second cameo with them together would make a lot of fans happy, and she did promise herself (at least in the dub) that she'd be back once she figured things out*

*winces as he is forced to recall the horror that was Mai's dub voice during the Doom arc*
Growing Pain chapter 7 . 10/14/2005
Aw, I liked this one! I could really picture the two of them sitting there. So in character! Update soon!
Growing Pain chapter 6 . 10/9/2005
Aw, Mai wants Joey bad! :P Update!
Growing Pain chapter 5 . 10/1/2005
And she stays tough. Yes! Love it. Update soon please!
Growing Pain chapter 4 . 10/1/2005
So this is what happened in the manga? Interesting stuff!