Reviews for The Final Game
killer4853 chapter 7 . 8/28/2013
please update
Luthien chapter 6 . 9/28/2007
I love "Highlander" and "Lord of the Rings"! I'm so glad someone finally thought to combine those two stories! Please keep updating! I'd love to read more!
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 3 . 11/13/2004
Hi!

Not a bad idea, but... well, I am a fan of both Highlander and Lord of the Rongs, and when I read your summary, I was instantly intereted. I was waiting for a good crossover for ages. This one, however, does not strike me as so very well, because it is just a "modern guys fell into Middle EEarth" fic, even when here the modern guys hapen to be immortals.

I'm not sure this works. It has all the flaws of normal "fall into Middle Earth" fics: the common language of Middle Earth, Westron, is not identical with modern english, but al the immortals understand it instantly; and all three immortals have no motivation to get involved into anything happening in this world save finding each other again. Not to mention you give no hint how they got there and why. And finally, it has the dreaded original female character, although Guin at least landed in a world, where some women (like Eowyn) went to battle and did great deeds. But she appears to be awfully little surprised about her new surroundings for somebody who just left New York! Why? Shouldn't she e baffled, or shocked by the change of scenery, or something?

Anyway, interesting idea for a crossover. I'm interested where you are going with this. You need to make clear when it is set in the LOTR universe, though: before or after the ringwar? is Sauron still ruling in Mordor? is the ringquest underway? Is this movieverse or bookverse?

Please go on soon.

Aislynn
sherryf101 chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Looks good...

I love Highlander... write more soon.
ALT chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Interesting, but logically Guin and these Rohirrim shouldn't have a language in common, as English is not Westron.