Reviews for How old am I?
MasterofYou chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I think my brain exploded! DX
Cardio Necrosis chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Hermione was born in 1979, whilst everyone else was born in 1980. Therefore, she was eleven her first year in hogewarts, until Sept. 19, when she turned twelve.

I don't knwo when you wrote this so it was probably before JKR announced it; I just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't already know.

It was funny, though. I, too, get tired of the "Oh, I'm a year older than I used to be because of the time turner." plot device. It is SOO annoying and pointless.
Blackdragon159 chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
You're wrong!

Hermione has always been a year older then harry and Ron beacuse she is born on the 19:th September 1979!

But Harry and Ron are both born the year 1980!

So you see she has allways been a year older.
Laora chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Interesting...o.O But cool.

And Hermione is one of the oldest people in their class, she was born in 79, Harry and Ron were born in 80. This was concreted in HBP when she was able to take the Apparation test because she was already 17 but Harry wasn't.
Autumn's-Smile chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
You do realize that her being a year older has nothing to do with the time turner? She was almost twelve when she entered Hogwarts. Go to the Lexicon if you're not sure. She was born in '79 and not '80 like Harry and Ron.
KaytiSarai chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Very nice, I'm tired of seeing stuff where she is suddenly a year or so older. I'm surprised that you sat down to figure this out, though I suppose this means that Hermione would have been of age coming into year 6, especially since JKR said that to be at Hogwarts you must be 11. So this means she would be a year *older* than her peers. I do like how this was written, superb job.
Tabitha78 chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
LoL! Very cute.

I never would have thought this all out... you either are quite ingenius or have too much time on your hands. ;-) lol
Chickadeee chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
I'm amazed that you took the time to go and look all that up. This fic shows determination and dedication, with thorough planning. I like how it's true to Hermi's nature, going and figuring out the logical explanation.

Oh, and you're the manager for the Wicked Stories C2, right? I just wrote and posted a Wicked story called Glinda's Choice. I'd be honoured if you would read it or consider adding it to your C2.
SilverCyanide chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
confusing. but not that bad. i kinda get it but cuz I'm only 11 not really. o-well. here's the cooki for reviewing my story. hope u like chocolate chip. :)

~bubbles rule 1~
Puck -X chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
Whoa!

You can do maths AND write AND be nice AND have to time to read!

You are amazing.

i think youre fic is interesting. Its really cool you started to think about Hermiones age and calculate and stuff. No else did it that precesly before.

And really, so what if j.K. Rowling tod that Hermione was almost twelfe when she started school. We didnt know it for a long time. I dont care what the other are saying. I think is real good.
Pace chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Excellent math skills you have there and awesome writing skills, too. However, you did leave out one small point: Hermione was indeed 11 when starting Hogwarts, almost 12.

So she is indeed a year older than most children in her year but that's because she was born so late in the year. I didn't make this info up, however. I found it on Rowling's website.

Still I do like this. It is well written and I do hope that you will write more in the future.

Insanely yours,

Pace
rcaqua chapter 1 . 2/28/2005
do you know that she was almost 12 when she entered hpgwarts, according to JK's website? so really, at the time of this fic, if you added the time turner's 36 days, she'd be practically thought you'd want to know, since you seem to hate people getting hermione's age wrong.
Nova-Janna chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
Boy, you have way more patience than me. That math was complicated, and I didn't even bother trying to follow it. Nice idea with a story, thanks for clearing it up. (For the most part, anyways.) There's no way she could age an entire year just using it for her classes. (Thanks for reviewing my story too! I used your idea and re-posted the story.)
duj chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
JK has now stated categorically that the age cutoff is 11 by September 1 with no exceptions. Despite earlier indications that Hermione was the youngest in her year it seems that she was almost 12 at the start of Book 1.

Your calculations neatly skewer a fanon convention though your assumption that she only lived each school hour twice is contradicted by canon. We know that she had 3 exams at the same time. It's possible she had 3 classes simultaneously though I tend to doubt it. She only had to drop 2 subjects to be able to give up the Time turner which would seem to imply that she lived even less extra time than your calculations.
mac chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
JK Rowling recently answered the question of Hermione's age on her website:

I cant quite remember the answer though. I THINK she was already 11 when she started 1st year.