Reviews for Nothing if Not
Abbykat chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
This is an excellent study of a character who made a brief but meaningful appearance in the game and gets little attention outside of it. Along with that, it's a great look at both the Ronso and the inner workings of the priesthood of Yevon. I really enjoyed it.
itsAlana chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
... This is disturbing, sad, and heart-rending. Poor Kelk... Poor Spira...

Ja ne,

Alana

"Oui caa?"
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
An absolutely perfect portrayal of one of most mysterious FFX characters. Once again, I'm speechless. You have a fantastic writing style (not to mention vocabulary!) and you certainly know how to use it.

Not putting you on my 'author alert' list straight after 'Erosion' was posted ...was a serious mistake, which has already been fixed. :)
Wot Wot Wark chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
Fantastic. I was also wondering about Kelk, since he seems to be the only Maester that was largely uncorrupted. You did such a good job with charactarization and overall storytelling ... And I just realized that I like a lot of your other fics as well! I gotta put you on author alert. :D
Angel Taisha chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
I really liked this; I've never read a fic about any ronso before. I love the intricate details such as the descriptions of the ronso's eyes and body and also how the sun glared off the snow in Gagazet. Little things like that helped me to be there with him while I read. All your writings are like that to me, it is a great thing.
Steel Balrog chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
Another thought-provoking story. You have captured the spirit of the Ronso and the sacred mountain.
Ying Ying 54 chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
Luc, this was such a wonderful fic! Seriously...you never fail to blow my mind with the stories you craft. You've got quite an imagination, and I'm so glad that you do! This is the first story I've ever read from Kelk Ronso's point of view, but I've always been curious, and lo and behold, I get an author alert from FanFiction and you've written one about him! I enjoy reading your stories so much because you're so descriptive and your writing style is so unique. And your choice of words...wow. Again, I'm stunned! :) Keep 'em coming!
Dark Seraphim chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
Simply fabulous. I loved the description of how the sun blinds someone. I also liked your theory on Vio Infinito. Just well done. I wish I could think of something more to say. Heh.
Ikonopeiston chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
This is more like it! I should have seen this synthesis coming. Well done.

The first person point of view is a difficult one and it seems you've pulled it off. It's hard to keep the verbs in the proper tense without confusing the reader.

You word-picture of Kelk at the beginning is well and cleanly drawn. He becomes a fully realized person and, for that, I thank you.

I have a few nits to pick: "has drank" would be better as "has drunk" and "had been lain" should be "has been laid". These are trifles. I also would like to know on what flesh the "flesh-swollen fish" are swelled. (You did ask for specifics!)

The final line is superb. It is a summation and a sealing. Just lovely.
RaichuTec chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
I was waiting for this. I always wondered how Kelk, one of the honorable Ronso, was able to deal with Bevelle, and with the obvious hypocrisies he had to have been subjected to. You answered that question rather poignantly. Brava.