Reviews for The Original Phoenix Ashes
Obsessed Dreamer chapter 7 . 7/31/2007
Review for Phoenix Ashes

Ah, college life is pretty hectic, so I’d understand if there’ll be no update of this for about half a year or so. The fact that you’ve managed to keep on updating this fic for two years says a lot and I’m holding to your promise that you’ll finish it. In one way, I’m glad to have found this fic just now if only for the reason that updates are so far in between. *sniggers*

Okay, on to the review (at least that’s what I’d like to call it *winces*)!

Hmm, I’m a canon-addict and a Yui fan so you’re not alone in the frustration over her appearing only when necessary. Fics that follow the Eikoiden are rare (reiterates: canon-addict!) so this story is greatly appreciated especially since Yui is the main character (in a shining role! *hearts*). It also gave life to one of my many illusions as to what it’d be like if the seiryuu and suzaku seishi worked together. I tried to write a fic with that plot but it’s a b* to accomplish! It’ll be a hell of fun if you can pull a scene with all of them in it without them murdering each other on the spot, hehe.

Aside from the points I’ve covered on the last paragraph, I would have passed this story as soon as I read “Kajiwara Yui” and I’m glad I didn’t. The pairing isn’t stated but since Yui would be still be marrying Tetsuya in the end, I guess it would no longer matter that much as to whom she would be paired with while she’s in the book. I’m casting my die for either Tatsuki or Chichiri. Now, now, don’t wince. *laughs* I guess it’s cultural difference. Here, a huge age gap between couples isn’t all that distasteful. As for Tasuki, well…*grins evilly*. But I’m still keeping my fingers crossed for Nakago XDD.

Yep, my favorite FY pair is unreasonably YuiNak (s’okay if you hate it). It’s for this reason that I’m currently browsing for fics that sport the two as main characters, either as pair or not. My frustration increases steadily due to the lack of yuinak fics and my inability to write it (but it’s more because of the latter than the former *insert expletive*), thus the research.

I find Chichiri a bit OOC. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say he’s flirting with Yui! But he’s already 36 here, so I guess the rule that people change applies. I have no problem with your writing style; I’m a sucker for details and I find the characters’ reactions towar human and convincing (Yui’s realization about her seishi, Tasuki’s wariness towards Yui…). Those are major factors for my reading satisfaction.

I’d like to make a request and if you’d be able to grant it, you’ll make me the happiest FY fan that ever existed. I already mentioned my frustration over the Nakago/Yui relationship (Yea, I think you know what’s coming… XDD but please let me finish) No, I’m not asking for them to be paired up in this fic (but if you’ll do that, I’ll be eternally grateful!) As much as I love him, Nakago will always be Nakago and reincarnated or not, he’d probably be still an a$$h*ole, with his arrogance and all! He was the villain in the first arc but he had his reasons no matter how twisted they may be. (But if he’d really been evil, he wouldn’t have willingly helped the suzaku seishi twice!)

And no matter how dysfunctional their relationship was, Yui cared genuinely for Nakago and she did say in the last episode that she did not hate him and that she forgave him. Pity they had not parted in better circumstances. Watase-san did not even give them a chance for conversation in the OVA! (insert expletive) (censored) *more frustrated grumble* (censored) So, if you’d be so kind, could you give them a chance for a reconciliation of sorts? (yep, after much beating around the bush, I finally pinned down on my request! Hooray!). After all of what they’ve gone through, I think both of them deserve it.

Someone did say that we all do the worst things for the most poignant of reasons and I agree.

-Yuri ish sho cuute! Wai!

-I love the way Ashitare referred to Yui as the dominant female. Now if only we could find her alpha male…*evil smirk*

-temujin is wolf-man?*blink*

I look forward to your update.

I apologize if this seemed more like a rant than a review and that it had been biased towards my preferences as a reader and not the neutral objective type I usual give. *sighs~* (censored) YuiNak, (expletive) swallowed my head and my sanity!

*OD runs off screaming and making a good impression of Tasuki’s potty mouth while she waits for the next chap*
Kristall chapter 7 . 6/4/2007
Cool story, but you haven't updated for a bit now! Please update soon, I really want to see what happens next! Later! _
wanderwithme4now chapter 7 . 5/26/2007
*glomps the author* I'm so happy that you tend to keep proving that you're alive. I love the wari story and want to read more. Hopefully more seishi will pop up soon and they all will eventually save the world because that's just awesome. Have a good time with graduation and orientation. I'm doing the same!

Love the story! Update soon! Great job!
Chibi-Kaz chapter 7 . 5/16/2007
Points? Heh. I think it's a fine option for a name: everyone has a little Chingis in them! :D :D

This is very much a fun story. I hope you update again soon.

wanderwithme4now chapter 6 . 10/27/2006
WOAH! I can't believe that you're actually alive. I thought you had fallen into a black hole somewhere and I was sad, but now you're back! UPDATES! *happy dances around the room* Please excuse the weirdness. I haven't slept much the last week :) Update again soon please. I want more of the wari story!
Neko-ane chapter 6 . 10/25/2006
T_T OMG! This so puts Rei to shame! Now I'm all nervy about writing a joint fic with you... you've progressed so much farther as a writer than I have! I love the characterization of Chichiri... and now I'm thinking that I really need a beta... oh yes. That would be very helpful. . Now you're making me start to like Yui and Miaka! O.O Damns you and your good narration skills! XD
BlueMeteorGirl chapter 5 . 11/6/2005
wow...that was SUCh a GREAT better continue it!
wanderwithme4now chapter 5 . 6/12/2005
I can't wait until you update!
paws-bells chapter 4 . 4/23/2005
Kris! I really like this story. The way you go back to past and present and somehow still making is flow so smoothly. I feel that the story is paced too fast though, but with 12 seishi to find, not much of a choice there. XD Chiri and Yui seems to flirting, A LOT. Lol, we will see where the story goes.
IcklexSami chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
Hey, I need to say Good Job AGAIN! LOL i love the story! Chibi Miaka? Sailor moon? lol
IcklexSami chapter 4 . 1/15/2005
That was a very good story! _ I liked it alot, I hope you keep on working on it and making more. Since i REALLY want to read it! Oh, and thanks for the advice for my fic it helped alot. Me and Eri-Chan are working on it everyday mostly. So once again thanks.

wanderwithme4now chapter 4 . 12/24/2004
Oh, it was Chiriko...*slaps forehead* Anyways, can't wait for the next chappie! Update soon!
wanderwithme4now chapter 3 . 12/22/2004
This is interesting. No, I don't know who the kid is, but when I find out I'll probably slap my forehead!
methodic madness chapter 3 . 12/22/2004
Hello! My apologies in not reviewing in a while. So here are thoughts on Ch.2 and 3 -

Yuri is really very cute. I like how you make her actually sound like a little girl, without making her over-cutesy to the point of being annoying. Not sure why Yui didn't just ask Miaka for a ride home when her car didn't start, but oh well.

Past-Yui's certainly got quite a mission ahead of her, huh? It'll be interesting to see how she and Chichiri manage to pull it off. It's certainly interesting to watch them together. A Chichiri/Yui pairing would be new and interesting (I think i've only seen it once before), should you decide to go that way. (Wow, can you say overuse of the word "interesting"?)

Ooh, I wonder what Tetsuya's hatred of the story foretells for past-Yui's future (if that makes sense).

For Ch. 3 - overall it flowed pretty well. The only things I would nitpick here are 1)Chichiri's sense of direction. He's a traveling monk, hopefully he'd have a *good* sense of direction. (Of course, I suppose you could always argue that the reason he wandered all over Konan is because he had no clue where he was going.)

The other is that Chichiri knows that the bandits have hostages, but I don't remember them specifically mentioning it. So how did he know?

Finally, if I remember correctly, "well" is Chichiri's symbol. Chiriko's (if that's who the kid is) symbol is "stretching".

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this story so far, and can't wait to see what happens with Yui's adventures. :)

cocolatte chapter 3 . 12/21/2004
Great! I liked it, and Yui/Chichiri sounds super to me! Keep up the great work and update son!