Reviews for A Big Brother's Job
youngjusticefanatic chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I thought this was an interesting story. Actually, it was an eye opener. I've just realised that I've never seen my oldest brother cry. It could just be because I'm paranoid or the fact that this gives a perfect reason as to why. Thank you for sharing that.
Poasoianne chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I'm the eldest, and I completely empathise with Bill's situation. This is incredibly well written, and I have to ask whether you are an 'oldest-child', you are so good at writing it. :)
Iunderstand chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
I am the oldest child in my family and I completely understand. I have a really good relationship with my younger sister who is a middle child. I have an awful relationship with my youngest sister. They never see me cry. I can't let my parents see me cry either. I can really relate to your version of Bill. I think he was portrayed well and realisticly. (Our family is rather tight knit. I wonder how on earth my oldest cousin copes.)
deidi jeevas chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Fanfiction didn't let me login soo i send the rewiew this way :-) It was awensome! Really beutifoul and toucjy :) poor Bill... He had a lot of troubles before and after Hogwrts :( But i like he and i like your fic too! Is really cute ( sorry my english vocabulary is really poor) and lovely :) thanks for wrirte it!
ILoveSadEndings chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
that is so sad! I love it, it was written beutifully (I spelled that wrong). There were a few spelling mistakes here and there but who cares.
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Good work! It was nice to see Bill's perspective here.
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
aw ickle percy. yup being the strong one can suck.
MissDHope chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
wow this is amazing ive never read anything like it so ...wow ive ran out of words!
patty the purple platypus chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
i thought this was great. I'm not sure whether most oldest kids feel like this or not seeing as i'm an only child. I think that everyone was in character and it seemed to follow canon pretty well.
leona chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
i'm the oldest sibling, and i understand completely. my little brothers never cry, but if my little sister cries (she's kinda sensitive, so its fairly often) i feel really responsible to comfort her, and usually i'm better at it than my parents. if i cry, which is hardly ever, my brothers and sister just stare at me and don't know what to do.

a couple years ago, my parents told us our grandmother had died. we went upstairs, and my sister started crying right away. i went into my room and locked my door becuz i was going to cry and i didnt want her to see. normally i'd comfort her, but i was going to cry, so i couldn't.

that being said, i really liked it. you portrayed it very realistically and i thought it was really good. :)
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
I love this. It's just how I think of Bill - as being teh one who holds his family together and takes responsibility for everyone else. Great job!
LinnyLoo chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
*applauds*

brilliant :D
Pyro44 chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
I know this story is old, but I'd figure I'd review anyway. I love it! As an oldest child, I completely empathize with Bill. Going off to college, there were definitely times when I wish it were possible to portkey home. And like the story says, I never cry. Well done!
RFLupin chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
Poor Bill! As a middle child, I can't really empathize, but I understood perfectly.

The only problems I saw were a few errant typos, but hey. I'm the Queen of Typos, so it's not really my place. :-)

Awesome job.

~The Great R. F. Lupin
Ace7 chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Older kid here. You really got the feelings of eLDEST-CHILD-SYDROME DOWN. Wheter your an eldest sib or not its amazingly writen. Awsome job.

PS I also have only cried once when I broke my nose.-I was 3 I think its excused. Word to the wise, theres a reason soccer tricks-specilly complicated kicks in which you mihgt fall foward facefirst are done on grass and cement(which is what he courtyard I played in was made of!)

Enouhg said_