Reviews for Promise to Protect and Provide
kayura sanada chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Naawww. That is too incredibly cute.

-Kayura
nanami ai-chan chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
AWWWWWWWW i loved it i am looking forward to your nrxte story :D
Ele Goddess of Elements chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
:) very sweet
beaner93 chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
Aw! That was sweet! I love all your stories but this is one of my favorites!
DiscordantHarmony chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
I love your stories and I've read most of them! Quick note, though. "My son’s DAUGHTER does not live by or believe in the old ways." Shouldn't that be WIFE, rather than DAUGHTER? _'

*goes back to reading*
Velf chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Ah sweet! Now why don't I have a devoted dragon protector? Well if I did he would be kicking my arse right now for reading this rather than working! I will read all your stories eventually!
Veritas Found chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Hm...y'know, I was reading through Promise of a River, when it occured to me that not only was I reading the whole series sort of backwards (which is a very bad idea, and proves that I learned nothing from the DemonWars books), but I also absolutely loved what I'd read and never took the time to review. Talk about a horrifying realization, ne? So I decided to fix that (and...try to read what I haven't read and re-read what I have in order...)!

This is a beyond sweet start to an amazing series. For the technical mumbo-jumbo that usually only authors or language arts obsessed people will get, I love your style, flow, and your vocab is amazing. Like one of your other reviewers said, most of us here just use the first word that pops up in our mind and completely forgo our trusty thesaurus, but whether you chose to flip through it or just knew the words off the bat shows that you've got what it takes to make it in this world. Your writing's made me place you right up there with Salvatore (my personal favorite), and I always enjoy reading through one of your works.

As for the story itself, can 'GAH!' be good enough to describe it, or the rest of 'em? I love how you've brought in traditional Japanese culture (most authors in the anime genre just Westernize everything - the most common example that immediately comes to mind is everyone assuming Japanese students get Saturday off as well when they only get Sunday, showing they don't take the time to do even a little bit of research for their fic), and how you've developed Kohaku. I also love the little jibe you put in about Yuuko; I never liked her in the movie (really, she seemed like someone who just stayed with Akio to save the hassle of shipping Chi from house to house).

Anyway, I don't want to take up too much more of your time, so I'm gonna go read the others now - in order! ' And again - amazing stories, and good luck on your original works (let us know when you publish a book, ok? I'd love to read it!)!
Anthiena chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
I really like it. I'm reading the ones on ADFF, though. Just currect the grammer and it will be perfect.
Black Hands chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
This the best one-shot I had read in a long time! I hope I get to read more of your stores. _-
Tsukiyo07 chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
Hey since i love your writting so much i decided to look and see what other stories you had writen so i'm going down the list and this is my first stop.
sakura-no-hana-hoshi chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
Aw that's sweet._
Avenging Neko chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
ur stories are the greatest! _

(btw i'm(or was) every bishounen's true love. they deleted my old account *kills them* but i'll review ur other stories as soon as i find my other favs)
Honey Nut Loop chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
Great. A really pretty piece of writing. I liked the fact that you varied your vocabulary in order for it to contain a deeper meaning. So many people of just use the first most obvious word and then no deeper meaning comes across. You want an example? well i like how you used the word 'forged' to describe the bond between chihiro and kohaku. Becasue iron is considered a srtrong metal and iron is forged thus symbolising the enourmous power in the connection between the two that will one day develop yadda yadda yadda. Now i'm rabbiting.

Oh and please don't kill me for what i say next (i say that because a lot of users take any crticism rather badly but it does quite clearly say under this review box that this is an opportunity for constructive criticism and as you are a striving novelist i thought you would appreciate it more than most) some of your descriptions, i don't know how to put this, are well i suppose you state them egPlain wooden sandals adorned his feet and a simple wooden staff filled his hand, as his rich black-green-blue hair spilled to his waist.

which is a lot better i admit than most work on this site but it's just too much of the same. Try and vary your strusture and use metaphors and similies and images and more symbols etc. How about for example (this is gonna be an awful example but i thought i'd better put one)The sandals of native heritage adorned his feet tapping the song of the river to his approach, beating with the rhythm of his striding staff. Hair swayed round his shoulders, a reflection of the ocean wave from whence he was born.

that was awful wasn't it. sorry. I tried. Anyway i hope you get what i mean and i really hope this was helpful.

Some of the piece was really beautiful you know.

wow this is the longest review i've ever written your honoured. Sorry for any spelling mistakes but i'm not going to go back and check for them. I expect to see your work on the bookshelves someday, not that i'll know it was yours but piece of writing, this advice is only to help push it the extra distance. I can't talk really. It's easier to criticise someone elses work than it is your own.

well toodles

Bye Bye

Honey Nut Loop
turning nonetheless chapter 1 . 12/10/2004
You have developed such a wonderful set of characters to complement those from the anime. I so enjoy reading your stories.

Just want to mention that the last sentence in the third paragraph came off a bit awkward. On my first reading it seemed like his sandals and the staff were both on his feet. I know I've written my own share of clumsy sentences and it's always easier to catch someone else's.

Thank you for writing such entertaining stories.
KatsyKat chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
Aw… that is so cute. I really like Koji. Thankfully, I read your “Rivers Never Die” series first. I liked having that background when reading this story. I can’t see me getting the same reaction if I didn’t know who Koji was, or what was going on with Kohakunushi. Great Job!