Reviews for Turn up the Faders
CKS24 chapter 8 . 12/3/2004
i just finished reading your story.. i love it.. you can actualy feel the tension btw, el and liv.. write more soon..
vballrockchick chapter 10 . 12/3/2004
Man...i keep on thinking it's a new chapter...so Update!:)
trance1861 chapter 10 . 12/3/2004
Your story line is very good. Keep up the good work!
emma chapter 10 . 12/3/2004
just to let you no i love this story

hurry up with next chapter!
Ellen chapter 10 . 12/3/2004
O My God the whole story in my opinion is amazing don't let some stupid people stop you from finishing the story...
daydr3am3r chapter 10 . 12/3/2004
Personally, I believe that if somebody doesn't like a story they should just stop reading it and let that be that. It's not necessary to make rude comebacks. Though people are intitled to their opinions, free speach and all. They still don't have to be rude about it, I agree on that.

I personally like the story and will continue to read and post *nice* reviews.
daydr3am3r chapter 9 . 12/3/2004
I agree, some people are very rude when it comes to reviews. I know i've gotten some bad ones in my time writing. And, nobody is perfect when they just start out, looking back on my writing I was terrible! But, people were really nice to me since I was only 14. Anyway, I still think it's good for one of your first stories.
BostonGirl88 chapter 10 . 12/3/2004
I can't wait for next chapter. You have had me hoock since the first chapter. I didnt review cuz my computer was being stupit. Anyways ppl are rude but dont let what ppl say stop u from writin a good story
Guest chapter 1 . 12/3/2004
I also have to say it is not very realistic that Kathy would show up at Olivia's place and shoot her husband's partner based on an assumption. Not many women would risk losing their family based on something they think is happening. If you were going in that direction, there should have been more build up as to why Kathy would just lose it like that. For example...she caught O/E making love or something of that nature. People do snap, but it takes more than an assumption.

The emotions of the characters seem forced and fake. Some of the dialogue is not very realistic.

Cragen and his team would not be the ones to arrest Kathy. Writing involves making the reader believe that a situation could really happen.

What is slight brain damage? Is that a correct medical term?

"Don't worry Elliot. It'll all be okay," he said, patting Elliot on the back...

Come on, Elliot's wife has just tried to kill his partner over BS. Would Cragen actually use those words in a situation like this. Again...not realistic dialogue. Very out of character.

You are not a bad writer, you seem to have good ideas, but make the reader believe this can actually happen. These are characters we know, not someone you are making up.
Popi chapter 10 . 12/3/2004
If you can't take criticism why are you posting your story on a public board. Write the way you want, but if it's not correct grammar don't get upset when somone points it out.
Fear My Wrath chapter 9 . 12/2/2004
It's good that you understand that you aren't perfect. No one is and no one expects you to be. It is, however, usually a good idea to at least be open to constructive criticism.

Having not seen the alleged impolite reviews because they must have been deleted, I can't speak to what was left on your story. Maybe they really were horrible, awful notes. Maybe they were honestly just constructive criticism and it hurt to read that someone didn't love all of what you'd written. Either way, it's pretty low to state that someone is not "good enough" to read your work. Some people can be mean but some people offer honest suggestions. Sometimes it comes out harsh and other times it's simply construed as such by the author. But you know what? A story posted on a public domain is subject to public opinion - even if it's just two or three people that have the dissenting opinion.

Yes, it isn't the greatest feeling to have someone criticize your work but at least they took the time. And again, I didn't see the reviews that were deleted but regardless, not all reviews are going to be glowing and frankly, if they are, I would seriously consider checking the work of those reviewing and looking at them objectively.

And if you don't feel the need to do that, then at least look at your own story objectively and think of it in terms of SVU. Before you say what a hundred others have said, yes, I *do* realize that it's fiction.

But these characters are supposed to be relatively normal adults. Not teenagers, not cackling villains, and not from soap-operas where certain characters are brought in or act in a certain way that they would not usually act simply to further a plot. Portraying any character as 2-D (flat - IE all evil or all good or all stupid, etc) usually isn't the best idea. In real life, people aren't like that. People have faults, yes, but they have good qualities. People also have morals. Yes, it's true that people can (and certainly have) been "pushed to the edge" and commit serious crimes that are completely against their natural character. And yes, you could write this plot idea - Kathy, Olivia, and a gun - and come up with something that doesn't seem unrealistic. But you've got to be willing to really explore the characters and show her character leaping over the edge like that.

And more than that - let's say that Kathy really did shot Olivia. Think of what Special Victims Unit really investigates. Sometimes the cases shown on TV go a bit outside the real SVU's scope but for the most part it sticks near sex crimes and crimes against children.

If you choose to delete this review or block my screen name or whatever, then that's up to you. But the point of this isn't to insult you or to make you feel bad or angry or any other thing. The point of this is to offer you some constructive criticism that is obviously not shown in most of your reviews. It's commendable that you want to write and share stories. If you post a story on the Internet (public domain) then it's important to learn that opinions will be offered. That's the risk you run. If you don't get that and you still feel like I (and any other "nay-sayers") are not worthy to read your stories, then you've completely missed the point.
tiny chapter 9 . 12/2/2004
Give me a break. You don't post an A/N as a chapter in the middle of your story, for one. Two...it seems that you just delete ANY review that doesn't say "OMG, like U so totally RAWK! PLZ rite more!1!1!" A GOOD writer will accept the *constructive criticsm* as well as the glowing reviews. If you expect to grow as a writer, you have to accept your imperfections and learn from your mistakes. I can't appreciate the writing of someone who doesn't appreciate my review of their story and I'm not going to be polite if you're going to be rude and delete my review. I didn't flame your story...I told you what was wrong with it. If you can't handle that...then maybe you should find a place where no one cares about quality of work and factual iniformation, etc. People aren't being rude, they are being honest. Just because they don't like it, doesn't mean they are being rude.
oh yeah chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
how do you spot a bad writer? it's the person who only has sparkling reviews because they delete the rest. if you were good enough, you wouldn't have to.
K chapter 9 . 12/2/2004
Hey! I love this story! Don't listen to the ignorant people out there. It's hard both to post and review sometimes. I know I sometimes have problems with constructive criticism. Keep up the awesome work!
christina chapter 9 . 12/1/2004
I love the story. it had me out of my I have to ask you something; It this all? I hope the story isn't over and you at least write a sequel.

Wishing you the best,