Reviews for When I'm Gone
flootzavut chapter 2 . 9/12/2014
I love how you made it take some time for Gibbs to be able to come out and say he was worried for Kate - that's so Gibbs, to have to basically be cornered into admitting it.

I'm reading this again way after I first read it, and enjoying it my second time through :)
CaseyJr chapter 12 . 10/30/2013
Great story! I'm so glad I found it
J chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
It has been said on more than one occasion that Gibbs second wife is Diane and she married Fornell and went after Gibbs with a SEVEN iron.
flootzavut chapter 12 . 5/2/2013
Totally forgot to say, the look at you sounding like you know about computers quip in the last chapter really made me laugh.

I really enjoyed reading this. Kudos!
flootzavut chapter 11 . 5/2/2013
Yeouch, shooting someone in the stomach is evil, though I'm glad it gave Kate some more time.

I knew that cubby hole was a bad sign... Chekhov's gun.

If this happened because of Gibbs' slip he's gonna feel terribly guilty :-(
flootzavut chapter 10 . 5/2/2013
Both the gifts were great, but particularly loved the boat in a bottle kit, what a wonderfully thoughtful gift!
flootzavut chapter 9 . 5/2/2013
Gibbs being sweet just kills me.

I loved the boat in a bottle gift, that's so perfect!

Awwww Gibbs cuddling her to sleep. Don't get me wrong, horrible, horrible nightmare, but I almost envy her the chance to snuggle with Gibbs!

I can just imagine his reaction to that last comment.
flootzavut chapter 8 . 5/2/2013
Yeah, Gibbs in a tux... Yum!

You have me worried with the cubbyhole... Glad it's there if needed, but I don't want it to be needed!

Her boys, so cute!

I was also amused with Kate playing contact football with the boys - they sooooo didn't know what they were getting into there... And Kate's faux pas about him liking her on her back. There were a lot of unfortunate moments like that from Kate in the series, it's very canon! I use it too when I'm writing flustered Kate :-)

That kiss was... Hawt. And tender. And just rather lovely!
flootzavut chapter 7 . 5/2/2013
"You want to touch it too, Kate?"

Bwahahahaha!

The almost kiss in the kitchen was gorgeous, especially when Gibbs said he wasn't sorry. As was her falling asleep on him. Man, I'd love a Gibbs to nap on... Lucky Kate!
flootzavut chapter 6 . 5/2/2013
Gibbs asleep with Jake on the couch, SWEET.

Gibbs getting an eyeful, FUNNY!

Gibbs knowing Kate relished the imperative of him getting a haircut, BRILLIANT.

In case you were wondering, I liked this chapter ;-)
flootzavut chapter 5 . 5/2/2013
Awwww make comforting the adults was too frigging cute for words... Poor kid, feeling responsible for his mom and trying to reassure the adults. The really tragic thing is that there are really children out there in positions like this,

LOVE the Sub Rosa callback :-D every Kibbs shipper's favourite scene? Possibly!

Love the Kibbs sweetness after Kate was comforting Jake, and also her saying she was number 4 heheh.

I SNIGGERED when Kate showed up as a redhead. Literal snotty sniggers. That's a trope I see quite often in Kibbs fics, but not usually so justified nor revealed so humorously.

By the way, you could use sorting your speech tags, generally speaking they don't require full stops at the ends of the dialogue, and they don't require capital letters for the he said, she said bits,
flootzavut chapter 4 . 5/2/2013
"I don't think so, 'cause they were doing that quiet yelling, you know?"

She smiled; Gibbs had quiet yelling down to an art. "Yeah, I know."

Hah! Ain't that the truth.

I rather like Kate being the one to save Gibbs' ass :-) also her "you think" - dunno if that was deliberate, but that was almost a Gibbs impression LOL

Dramatic stuff! And I do love the snark between Gibbs and Fornell. And as a die hard Kibbs shipper, I'm all about Gibbs and Kate in a confined space ;-)
flootzavut chapter 3 . 5/2/2013
"I didn't want to take that chance. With either of you."

Awwww. I love seeing his softer side - especially with Kate! - and it's not easy to do whilst keeping him in character (can't tell you how many times I've stopped reading a fanfic when Gibbs started blabbering his mouth off in a very un Gibbs kind of way). Kudos!

It's so nice to find a fellow Kibbs writer!
flootzavut chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Kate responding good to Gibbs saying he heard her cracked me up.

This was a great start!
punkcatwitissues chapter 12 . 5/11/2012
I really loved this story, although a couple parts made me laugh because they were so obviously written before we knew about Shannon and his exwives. I've never read a really good Kibbs story until now, but always liked the ship, so I'm happy I found this. A little bummed they didn't get to keep jake and that you didn't write a sequel though. :)