Reviews for Run Dusty Run
Kesomon chapter 3 . 1/11/2011
Inspired to find some Hornet fanfiction after being inundated all day with a scifi channel marathon and two hours of reading comics in a bookstore, I am VERY pleased that I picked this story as my first Hornet fic to read. I'm only 2 chapters in so far, but it hasn't disappointed me in the slightest. I know it was pubished in 04, but I'm still here to thank you for writing it.
JJ Rust chapter 11 . 4/8/2009
Nice ending. This was most definintely a fun read. Keep on writing!
JJ Rust chapter 10 . 4/7/2009
Some neat action in this chapter. I like the way you portray the teamwork between the Green Hornet, Kato and Casey. Too many times the heroes "sidekicks" are only good for getting themselves kidnapped. Kato and Casey show they can take care of themselves and are intrigal parts of the Green Hornet's war on crime. Well done.
JJ Rust chapter 9 . 4/6/2009
Good job. You used some pretty good descriptions, especially at the racetrack. Once again, very entertaining.
JJ Rust chapter 8 . 4/5/2009
More good stuff. Liked the confrontation with Scott and Kato using the coffee table as an example of what could happen to those who aren't very cooperative.

Anxious to see how things will play out at the race.
JJ Rust chapter 7 . 4/3/2009
Another good chapter. You do great with the flow of your story and not making drag. Everything gets right to the point. Again, you're dialogue is very natural and helps move the story along. Good job.
JJ Rust chapter 6 . 4/2/2009
Another entertaining chapter. Good job.
JJ Rust chapter 5 . 4/1/2009
Good chapter. The dialogue felt natural and you moved the plot along well.
JJ Rust chapter 4 . 3/31/2009
Nice chapter. You have some good tension in this story, and I like the way you ended this chapter.
JJ Rust chapter 2 . 3/29/2009
Pretty good start. Well written and I like your descriptions of the race track in the opening. You certainly dive right into the plot. Good flow to the story, too, and I like the way you presented Marsha's confusion regarding how she should treat the Green Hornet. Good job.
Gump chapter 11 . 2/6/2007
Your fanfic's like a box of chocolates. You never know what youre gonna get.
They call me Bruce chapter 11 . 10/26/2006
This was great dude!
Smithcrafter chapter 11 . 4/27/2005
This is the best of the 4 Green Hornet stories I've read so far. As a childhood fan of the TV series, and an adult collector of the old radio shows, I can safely say that this story also sticks far closer to the "truth" of the character than any of the other stories I've read.
IcyWaters chapter 11 . 11/28/2004
Very impressive! I can easily visualize this as an episode of the series. It is well crafted with an enjoyable flow.

The way you weave the different threads together (Dusty’s predicament, Marsha’s connection, the Hornet’s involvement, Frank’s history with Sid Scott, etc.) is remarkable. There is some very intricate plotting going on there, yet it seems so simple.

I absolutely love the running gag with Mike and the “gentlemanly” Green Hornet! Where ever did you come up with that? :-)

I enjoyed the racetrack setting and how you took full advantage of it. Too often, writers make a strong point of setting a story at a specific place, but never scratch the surface of it. From the renovations to the private suites to the race announcer, it felt like I was actually there.

There is one aspect I don’t think you took advantage of. When Mike calls Britt to tell him he got a tip that Dusty was kidnapped by the Hornet, Britt responds that it was a false lead and he had seen Dusty that night. While technically Britt did see Dusty (while wearing a green mask), I kept waiting for Mike and Dusty to begin talking, Mike saying something and Dusty responding about having not seen Britt – the Hornet had him all night. I would love to see Britt try to explain that!

I'm off to read your other story! :-)

Lisa
pat weakley chapter 2 . 11/18/2004
I'm thrilled to see a new green hornet story posted. i hope this will be the beginning of many, many more.

pat