Reviews for To Be A Woman
Guest chapter 12 . 12/16/2013
No eleven year olds are that sexual or would be that mean to a teacher or curse and pick magic or no magic don't switch

On a brighter note I love the transsexual marry aspect
Rhiana chapter 12 . 9/25/2013
I am in love with this story, I really am. It gives me hope. I have been trying to figure myself out for a while now, people call me a freak because of the way I am...I like girls and I like boys...and I like dressing up like a guy because I feel like I was born a guy. It's really hard to be who I am when everyone is calling you a freak...I think it's funny of the cat that Har got...my mom got me a cat that was an orange long haired kitten, and I fell in love with it...I fell in love with this story, and I really wish you'd continue it.
happyface chapter 12 . 3/24/2013
Why aren't you continuing this fanfic? It's AMAZING, ASTOUNDING, ASTONISHING, AWE-INSPIRING, AWESOME... and a lot of other words that start with a that I can't think of right now.
EllaSallyRose chapter 12 . 5/6/2012
i am realy liking the story. but i am confused about harry's gender is harry transgendered (a woman in a male body) if so why you keep refering to harry as he. in my experience most of the people i know with genders other than their biological one dislike being mispronouned. apart from that i like this story it is realy great to see some fanfiction with characters of diverse gender and sexual orientation.
EvilDime chapter 12 . 11/10/2011
This fic takes 'AU' to a whole new level. Non-magic, with all ages and genders mixed up, a bunch of original characters and plenty of ooc behaviour...

Still, I kinda like it and would like to read more of it.

Two things bothered me a little while reading, though. Your characters are 11 years old and behaving and dressing a lot more grown-up than that, in my opinion. Maybe I was backwards as a child, but really, make-up, feather boas and ballroom dancing at eleven?

The other thing is the pronoun. If Harry sees herself as a girl, why should she always be refered to as 'he'? I have one transgender friend and she really dislikes being addressed as a man. So when you write about Harry's thoughts and actions, I'd have expected a 'she' rather than 'he'. Then again, there are different motivations and thought patterns behind rejecting one's given gender; maybe some trans-women still think of themselves as 'he'. (?)

Anyway, I think there is some room for improvement, but despite that, it's a pretty exciting story with loveable characters and I'm glad I've finally looked it up again. Are you planning to continue this (ever) or is it actually abandoned?

- Dime
tacaloking chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
this is a interesting story not bad work
vayne hellsing chapter 12 . 8/3/2011
graet stories. is it over?
Kurohime707 chapter 2 . 4/17/2011
wow... a very erm, unique piece of literiture. unfortunately i dont think i can bear to read any more. interesting concept.
magic nose goblin chapter 12 . 3/30/2011
I hate transsexual people. In fact I hate all people. I would like to nuke the earth. But most of all, I would like to break into your house and kill you for writing such a retarded story. You fuck1ng piece of dick. As the previous reviewer, who is a politically correct douche bag, pointed out, you appear to know nothing at all about transpeople. Even though referring to transwomen as male is really funny and I take every opportunity to do it (where I won't get beat up, because I am admittedly a coward) I expect the literature I read concerning them to be more accurate and polite than my irl trolling is. I opened this story expecting a somewhat accurate portrayal of transpeople, because this is a serious story about transpeople according to you. Instead I found your retarded ramblings, and those are not good enough! You fucking faggot I want to kill you with my penis. I'll break you dead. I hate n1gg3rs. n1gg3rs n1gg3rs n1gg3rs. Also, I am gay irl so I have some idea what it's like to be 'different'. I bet you don't. I bet you're just a hipster douche bag clinging desperately to things you don't understand, in order to form an identity for yourself. Also, all the people who reviewed this including me should be shot by a firing squad. The person under me should be shot for being such a politically correct douche bag and getting mad at the writer for writing inaccurate sh1t about ladyboys, instead of getting mad at the writer for sucking at writing. I hope you get gang raped by 500 muscular gay men tomorrow as you go to your regular communist rally. As for the writer, he/she/it is a gigantic piece of sh1t that I will crush with my boot while I pee in his/her/its dying herpes ridden mother's mouth. I bet you think I'm a god damn republican or something. well NEYAHhjh. I hate republicans. I hate Christians. I hate atheists. I hate gay people straight people dick people wawawawawa. The fact is everything sucks so you should just commit suicide. BOY am i high right now
LegendMyth chapter 2 . 3/26/2011
Do you know anything about trans (transgender, transsexual, or otherwise) people? You seem well-intentioned, but how you approach being trans is a little offensive. It's odd that you use masculine pronouns for Harry - while it is possible that some transwomen prefer masculine pronouns, all of the transwomen I know do not use masculine pronouns. Especially when you refer to Harry as "he," it sends the messages that Harry is "really" a boy. Are you aware that you actually refer to Harry as a boy?

Statements like "Transsexual or not, Harry was still a boy" and "Har's not a girl, he's a guy" are really offensive. I assume you are referring to the fact that Harry was presumably assigned male at birth, but that doesn't mean Harry's a boy.

Ginny saying things like "he's a great guy" and using masculine pronouns makes me feel as though is either an amazingly insensitive and likely transphobic friend, or she doesn't actually understand what she's saying when she says that Harry is transsexual. Dumbledore, too, seems absolutely ignorant about trans people and trans issues (calling Harry a "young man" and referring to Harry as "Mr. Potter").

Also, the link you provided regarding transsexuality seems incredibly misguided. I say this as someone who identifies as trans, could be called transsexual (frankly, I don't like the word), and is deeply involved with the trans/transgender/transsexual community in my city.

A thought just came to me - how does your Harry identify? I suppose it's possible that Harry identifies as female (in terms of physical body) and a man (in terms in gender). In which case, I could understand why you use masculine pronouns and words like "man" and "Mr." However, if that is the case, you probably want to make that more clear.
Fredrick Abberline chapter 12 . 10/15/2010
I absolutely LOOOVE this story! you're an amazing author. Aside from that, there are only two things that I'd like to say. ONE: I think that eventually you should have Harry actually become a girl, but that's just my opinion, if you don't want to...well it's YOUR story. TWO: Who is the "goddess" that they keep referring to? Just out of curiosity.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 12 . 7/7/2010
I know I already asked if you could update some of your other stories, and I'm not trying to nag you or annoy you...but I really would like to see this story updated. (though, as well as others *looks sheepish*) ?
WishIHadAnAngel chapter 12 . 5/1/2010
I fell in love with this one acctually. I've always liked stories were Harry is showed as a shy and quiet type. And I can recognize exactly how it is "he" feels about being transexual. I wish I could find more stories with this theme.

The only thing that is kind of sad is that this story is on hiatus and seems like it's kind of abandoned. Oh well these fex chapters that to exist are nice at least. Like how Dudley changed while away and that there is no magic in the story.
Guardoflight chapter 12 . 4/14/2010
A very enjoyable story to read, very well thought out with interesting ideas and character. I truly look forward your next chapter.
Akujin666 chapter 12 . 4/5/2010
Hi,

I really liked this, it is very interesting. Aside from having to constantly remind myself that Tom is a girl, that is. lol, I can just see Merope telling the people at the orphanage, right before she dies, to name the baby Tom Marvolo Riddle,, not knowing whether the child was male or female. And who are they to deny her last request?

I do wonder who Tom Riddle is, since she doesn't appear to be connected to Voldemort in any way... as of yet.

I'm curious about their ages, though. I feel like they're in their later teens, but then to spend 7 years in Howarts/Anthogals seems odd. Plus there is the mention of Dudley giving Harry that wallet, and saying an allowance is to paid to him as of his 11th birthday, and since he's getting it now, one might assume he is 11. Feh.

Why /didn't/ any of Harry's parents talk to Harry before Harry found out they were all his parents friends and knew who he was and yet hadn't said a word to him? Why did Harry get dropped at the Dursleys this time around? Dumbledore can't have used the excuse of blood wards this time...

I hope that you continue with this, especially since I wonder about Voldemort... if he's old enough to be a problem when Harry was little... how was he able to recently attend Anthogals?

Anyway, good story, and I look hopefully forward to possible new chapters.

-Sam