Reviews for A Time to Dance
venusmelody chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
"Bad for creativity"? Are you KIDDING? This story was wonderful. I love that you went out of your way to show each interaction between the core five, and there's something very smooth, like honey, about your prose. I don't ship Egwene/Mat, but I do ship Egwene/her past and Mat/his past, and the way you wrote them was just perfect. CHILDHOOD CRUSHES. Feelings that used to be. Gorgeous.
OnceAndFutureFicWriter chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
I agree. Who needs a I especially like that you only indirectly said Faile was dead. or is she? I cna't think of anything else that would make Perrin drink. Anyway, it's great.
somethinguntraceable chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
*cries, weeps, flings herself on the ground in craziness of awe & adoration*

Yes. I think that pretty much sums it up. )

Ah, Mat/Egwene. I seem to remember raising my eyebrow at a few of their conversations in the book. They're very...odd, in canon, I find, which can indeed spark thought leading to wonderful things like...this. D

It's 12:30 so perhaps I should go to bed, leaving you a minuscule but hopefully cheering review...? And, the last line brought tears to my eyes. Just beautiful.

Your Mat - ALL of your characters - were so painfully in character, and somehow more mature - were they older in this? They had a..."seen too much" quality about them, ever Mat seemed sober and star-struck. Ahrg. I'll stop now before I get carried away...

Pure and utter gorgeousity. x
Rasielle chapter 1 . 11/15/2005
I rarely review, so consider this a treat. This story... oh, I love it. I've had it on my Favorites for a while (and read it over and over, I promise you), but I never really take the time to review - laziness, usually. But your story was amazing, and if you don't write any more Mat fics...

Egwene and Mat - I was, to put it mildly, surprised at the idea, but the way you pulled it off made it a pairing I think I prefer. The sensation of homesickness and regret was solid enough to have me hampering for my homeland. The chaste romance - very heart-wrenching, very bittersweet, and perfectly executed. Nice job. I look forward to more fics from you.
SheWasFlying chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
That was truely wonderful, just like the other story. The characters were well kept in character, and now I know what happened to Faile! *sniffs* How does she die? Thats not fair, poor Perrin... Anyway, you're going on my favs list!
Ariskari chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Who says boredum's bad for creativity? That was lovely. The Mat/Egwene thing at the end was just adorable, if slightly bittersweet.

"sometimes it seems the stars were brighter in Emonds Field"

That line was just beautiful. And probably quite true for them. As was Mat's sulking about the coat he was forced to wear.
heidi chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
I actually liked this story. you should continue. I don't remember if Faile actually died(I'll look in the tCoT)
A Lurking Reviewer chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
That was incredible! You handled the idea very well. At first I thought the "unpopular pairing" would be Rand/Egwene, but when the Mat/Egwene made itself known I was first alarmed, then interested. It's not something I would have ever thought of or tried to seek out, but the way you handled it made me love it. :)
SugoiByoshin chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
‘I have to drink it; it was a gift. I wouldn’t want to be rude.’ Priceless. This is a great story. Disappointed i didn't read it sooner. Always good to once again to see the softer side of Eqwene that she began with.
PrincessEilonwy chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
Ohh, these poor people. Actually I'm just finishing up Lord of Chaos, but who needs to have read all the books to understand this? Very true to the characters, I loved that. And Mat and Egwene. . .aww. . .I mean, it's not the crying kind of sad, but still sad. *sniff sniff* Great story.
Elenhin chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
Sweet, so incredible cute. I am to awstruck to coment on anything else in it, but it was lovely.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin/Mat the Starchild
shaiel chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
that was beautiful. i'm a big mat/tuon fan, but this goes on my favorite stories list. simply awesome. please write some more! i'd love to see anything with rand in it... you wrote him so well. and mat...just perfect. great job.

:D keep up the good work!
alkin chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
Oh... that was lovely. You do description so well, I almost felt that I was there. Though I don't quite know where 'there' was - it seemed like a dream, seperate from the rest of the world. If that makes any sense!

I thought you characterised Mat beautifully; I have never read anything like it except in the books themselves. It was all enriched by the wot-isms you sprinkled through it... very, very good.

Perrin was moving and upsetting, Rand was disturbing and fatalistic. Nynaeve actually showed a smidgen of maturity (I like her better than canon-nyn already...), while Egwene, even in this dream-world place, was still burdened by her Stole. They were all fantastically drawn together.

All in all I loved that piece; I'll be looking out for more of your work!