Reviews for Past and Future Town
emerald kikyou chapter 1 . 7/22
Reading the first paragraph now after I read till chapter 34 give this a whole new meaning. Did Lex shot himself with the deadly microbe? Is he experimenting on himself? Or did someone do that to him?
I really felt sorry for lex. His father did cruel experiment on him and fro what I gathered , you hinted at rape by the lead scientists. I think I'm not going to sleep tonight thinking of all the possibilities :P
emerald kikyou chapter 34 . 7/22
Hello , I've just read the whole story in one day. I must say you are brilliant. Please do continue? I've read one of your notes where you said you had almost all the 58 chapters written already. Can you please post the rest? I beg of you? Lex is my favorite character and I'm dying to see what he would do or what will happen to him. Please!
if you don't want to post them ( which is a shame since you are a brilliant writer ) can you send them to me as a PM?
I haven't logged into my account for years! Like five years or more even. I am desperate to complete this amazing story.
Anyway , thank you so much for giving us that much of your time. You made me really happy. Reading well written stories make me smile all day. Keep up the good work and may you always happy. Please PM me with a response even if it's only a "no" , even though I am dying to read the rest of this masterpiece , I will always know to respect the wishes of the author , specially one as amazing as you. I just want an answer so I could move on T_T
Will soon check the rest of your stories.
Trinity23Rose chapter 34 . 6/8/2012
will you finish it someday?:(
namjai chapter 35 . 9/26/2010
Another good chapter! I loved this bit in particular - I laughed aloud:

"Is that a threat?"

"Why do people love asking me that?" Lex said to himself.
IceQueen825 chapter 35 . 9/25/2010
Glad to see an update! I keep seeing ones for your other stories and wondering when you'll get to this one!

Lex really is a bad, bad guy, glad Lois sees it. I wonder how long it will be before Lex and Clark have a run in and Lex rubs Clark's nose in how 'close' Lex and Lois got. I keep imagining a huge blow out between Lois and Clark and I just can't wait for it!

Just wondering why you switched the tags for searching for the story to Clark and Lex? Instead of Lois and Clark?
anon chapter 35 . 9/24/2010
I will always prefer villains who at least have a point and frighteningly may even be right about everyone being better off under their benevolent dictatorship (of course make education great so the common man does know what is best for him and his children's children and democratic republicanism can work) like Ra's al Ghul if the environment isn't brought into balance no matter the means or cost the future for the human race will be worse than any dystopian fiction and will lead to the extinction of the human race not through misadventure but suicide through stupidity or Lex Luthor who as he says if he was calling all the shots could end famine and cure cancer and he could his mind is capable of anything perhaps give everyone ultra high-tech non polluting technology and maybe even superpowers lead humanity and the rest of the universe to unimaginable glory remember Red Son he united all humanity and led us to a golden age that lasted millions of years

A lot of villains seem unaware that if they used their mind and/or other talents for legitimate business causes or the government could be far more profitable than any crime spree

Of course vigilantes can be sanctimonious hypocrites judging others and letting themselves go unscrutinized condemning others when they do the same thing for less reasons I think it is disgusting they don't share their scientific breakthroughs (of course inventors should be well compensated) with the scientific specifically medical community or their skills with law enforcement agencies far more good than beating up thugs and psychos fight crime at its source ignorance and poverty. I realize due to rarity and complexity mass production may not always be possible or at least cost effective and due to difficulty not all could take brutal training but a little bit could go a very, very long way. The ability to think of future generation when calculating pragmatic utilitarianism is what separates us from the animals. The world is not the way it is because of thugs and psychopaths, corrupt businessmen/politicians (which contrary to fiction are the exception not the rule) but because most people are too stupid to know what is best for them the extreme left and extreme right get caught up in their ideals and refuse to acknowledge brutal facts of reality no real world understanding of the extreme complexities of politics, economics, technological logistics, and how they’re all interconnected in the long run. People want everything right here right now the whole world just handed to them on a silver platter think just by complaining something will happen without a tangible plan. Such a plan will require a lot of long, hard, boring work all day every day for generations.

I'm glad the government has Suicide Squad, Cadmus, Checkmate, the Elite, Amanda Waller, and the new female Spy Smasher, Cameron Chase I'd include the Secret Six but I think from now on even if they're not going to be full fledged villains they stood up to the worse villains and are pure mercenaries I think

Have you heard of The Boys
namjai chapter 34 . 9/19/2010
Ah, this is the Lex I love. Excellent chapter - the scene with Dresnell was quite tense.

Also, Walker and Casey? Do I detect a little cross-fandom joke? :)

I know that you've been writing Dexter stories mostly, and I don't watch that show, so I'm missing out, alas. I understand wanting to follow the fandom that's capturing your passion at the moment, but I do hope you'll be inspired to come back to this story sometime!
namjai chapter 32 . 9/19/2010
It's taken me a while to come back to this, for no good reason, because I was enjoying it before, and still enjoy it now. But I've had it bookmarked and now I'm back. Got quite a jolt in this chapter when that was Lex knocking on the door! And that was a well-deserved smackdown Lois administers to Clark at the end there.

Meanwhile, while I've been gone, you seem to have become the subject of some kind of Clois campaign of outrage. How ridiculous. I'll add my voice to those saying this story is great, one that acknowledges how relationships are complicated and not just starry-eyed schmoopfests all the time.
IceQueen825 chapter 22 . 6/14/2010
Searching for a chapter that I didn't yet comment on was not easy! I do hope you continue with this story.

I know you've been through the ringer at bit with some of these reviews of the story, but I want to let you know that there are some people out there who still want to read what you've got in mind for Lois and Clark.

Life is rarely perfect and neither are people. Lois and Clark are very flawed characters, never more so than they are in Smallville, so I'm not completely put off by what is happening in this story.

While I'm appalled with the way Clark is acting, I know, deep down, that he is a hero and will redeem himself...eventually. As for Lois, she is a little lost right now and is looking for something to hang on to after being abandoned by both Superman and Clark. Clark only has himself to blame for what is going on with her...I still don't see enough suffering on his part! He needs to wake up, and Lex needs to get what is coming to him.

Maybe Lois needs to move onto a nice guy and start trying to build something with someone else? Maybe Clark really needs to feel like he is loosing her completely so that he gets of his butt and makes her see what they could have. Shows her how much he needs and loves her. Maybe loosing her to another man would wake him up.

Please continue the story. Or if you have written more and just don't want to post it, I'm a willing consumer through e-mail. :-)
Alcazar chapter 30 . 11/14/2009
It seems like a lot a people was mad about this chapter, but I am surprise that no one has mentioned several things:

1. Lois was probably in shock: a close encounter to death can surely make someone go into shock.

2. Lex gave her a Valium: I don't think one pill would completely impact her, but she was under the influence of Diazepam and could not be thinking clearly.

3. Lex also lied about the intruder when he returned to the room, and IMHO completely taking advantage of the situation.

I am sure he will using this incident to taunt Clark/Superman in the future. And Lois' stupidity here was to trust Lex in the first place.

So maybe the story is not 100% in character, but I am just reading it as an alternative universe and enjoying it. I mean, who says Lois and Clark always have to be perfect?
IceQueen825 chapter 33 . 11/10/2009
Looking forward to the next chapter. Oh Lois, I smell trouble.
cloisharley chapter 33 . 11/10/2009
yes lois... be careful, you could be on your own out there and with Lex watching your back you're gonna need to develop a 7th sense. (6th sense is her reporters intuition lol)
Pem21 chapter 33 . 11/10/2009
I haven't read this chapter but I have to say the constant changing of the summary and pairing/characters of this story is a bit off putting to me. I understand revamping it to reflect what the next new chapter is about, but to constantly change the main summary sentence and pairing/characters listed makes the story feel less cohesive in terms of the overall story.
XMarisolX chapter 33 . 11/10/2009
Clois Fanatic, I generally don't reply to feedback, unless I have a camaraderie with the feedbacker or something-which, even then, I try not to, because I REALLY don't like commenting on my stories. I virtually never do it in the comment section, but since you are anonymous, I am ::sigh:: forced to. (1) In the intro I said "Lois is still Chloe’s cousin, although she only vaguely knew Clark in Smallville." So no, they didn't live together or go to high school together; their teenage connection was Chloe. (2) You are the second person who has said that Sidney was trying to save Lois, something I *never* intended to imply. I'm not even sure how that came through, but I think I'm going to revise the chapter to make it clear he so wasn't. (3) My Lex is not based on the comics; as I stated, "YouTube the video “Lex kill Lionel” (their title not mine) and watch it. ...This is the Lex I know; this is the Lex I write."

You need not respond to this. I only answered in the case that anyone else was sharing your questions.

Another side point: I didn't get any feedback or PMs about Lex lying to Lois about who the intruder was.
Clois Fanatic chapter 32 . 11/10/2009
Umm...O-kaay. Just read the entire story up to the last 3 chapter updates, and besides being deeply disturbed and put off by the Lois and Lex sex (GAG to that, by the way), I find Lois and Clark at this moment to be unrecognizable, as far as characters go.

I'll explain why I feel this way now. This story is supposedly set in the Smallville universe, with Lois barely knowing Clark. So what she never lived with him and his parents? Or went to school with him and Chloe? You were a little vague about this in your backstory summary.

Also in that same summary at the beginning of the story you stated that your Lex Luthor is the Luthor from the comics. Okay that fine, but you never sttd clearly or otherwise what version of Clark and Lois that you are writing because I can't clearly see it in your story.

This is what I got about Clois' character after reading your story so far:

Lois - Is looking for a hero and security, since Superman is no longer around, and the person that she chooses to get this from is...Lex Luthor...Superman's enemy.

This just makes me say HUH? I mean where is the logic in that? This one act of Lois makes her seem just like Lana, because that is what Lana did she was mad at Clark and looking for comfort, so she went to Lex. Lois is basically mad at Superman so she does the same thing essentially. When Clark finds this out I think it will make Lois go down in his eyes, just like it did with Lana. Things will never be the same, I mean how can it be, 2 women in his life chose to sleep with Lex Luthor when things got hard. Lana betrayed Clark, while Lois betrayed Superman. The parrallells are disturbing. I don't know if you meant to write it that way but that is the way that it is presenting itself(at least to me). I don't know if I can like a Lois that exhibits Lana behavior.

Now onto Clark/Superman...

Clark- in this story is a real big disappoinment. He doesn't exhibit any of the characteristics that make him a hero. His attitude is basically that he was tired of Lois liking Superman and not Clark Kent, so he decides to just stop being Superman until Lois wants Clark. And again...HUH?

Clark is basically punishing the whole world because of a woman! I mean come on that is so dumb! And if that wasn't bad enough, when his master plan didn't work, he basically starts a relationship with the first woman to show interest in his Clark Kent persona, and is calling it love. If this was the case, and he really found love with Rebecca, why is he still punishing the world by refusing to be Superman anymore. I'll tell you why because he is still punishing Lois and is just using Rebecca to run away from his feelings and avoid facing reality. Clark's handling of the Lois rescue, that led to the death of Sidney was just heartbreaking. To see Superman let someone die for no reason other than selfishness was just so upsetting. I mean it's one thing to be a flawed Hero, but a whole other to be cruel. He didn't even try to save Sidney. I don't care if he was a bad guy, his death was senseless and undeserved. He died trying to save Lois, something that Clark could have done easily. He should have just saved both of them because he was the one that put the live wire in the room, so it was his responsiblity to make sure that it doesn't hurt anyone. Superman would have made sure.

To summarize, I find myself not caring for either Lois or Clark right now. They have both currently earned nothing but my contemp. They are not characters that I want to root for, at this point in the story. In fact the story seems to be very Lex Luthor sympathetic to be honest. Which is also something else that I don't care for when reading a Clois fanfic.

If Clois do find their way together, their recent actions will always be there between them.

Especially Lois' actions, because her stupid mistake will have far reaching future consequences, causing the most damage.

Lois sleeping with Lex Luthor, is going to be a weapon that Lex will use repeatedly against both Clark and his Superman persona. Lex is going to taunt both personalities with this knowledge repeatedly, because that is the type of person he is. He will also throw it in Lois' face everytime she tries to write a story about him and his current criminal actions. I wouldn't even be surprised if he used it as a way to damage her creditbility with futures stories down the line.

Now don't get me wrong Clark causing a death will always haunt him as well, but once he wakes up and acknowledge his actions as reprehensible, he will spend the rest of his life trying to make up for that one act, because that is the type of person that Superman is, or is suppose to be.

So sorry for the long review, but these are my thoughts and questions about the story so far. And while I do have my doubts how Clois can end up together, I must admit that I am curious to see how you pull it all together. So I will continue to read for now, at least until I can't stand it any more.

Although anymore chapters like Ch 30, may be a deal breaker, just the thought makes me nauseous!