Reviews for Past and Future Town
Guest chapter 30 . 11/6/2009
Okay...Wow... I got to tell you I've been reading this story and never really had the heart to review because I couldn't think of anything to say because I was disappointed in both Lois and Clark's behavior. Even then I countinued to read and give the story a chance, hoping that there would be some type of payoff. However now I am kind of disgusted with both Lois and Clark.

I am digusted with Clark for allowing his personal feelings to stop him from being Superman. HE is the one that took up the mantle of Metropolis's savior, they didn't asked him to do it, he chose to, and for him to abandon them now with no explanation is just selfish and stupid! Then to top it off he is using Rebecca to make him feel good about his self aftering being ignored and taken for granted by Lois.

I am disgusted with Lois because she chose to sleep with Lex Luthor, someone that she knows is a evil sob. She would rather sleep with Lex than Clark who she knows has feelings for her but she chooses to ignore them deliberately. How can someone who claims to love Superman sleep with his greatest enemy? I don't care what the situation is that is the ultimate betrayal. She had sex with Lex, CHOSE to share her body with Lex, knowing all of the horrible things that he has done. Clark is not good enough for her but Lex is? The one act alone has made me lose all respect that I had for Lois in this story.

This is not a Clark or Lois that I can root for or care about at this point in the story. Maybe that will change as I continue reading...if I continue reading, I will wait until there are more updates or until the story is finished so that I can read continously for a while to see if there has been any developement or Clois payoff.

That being said, I think that you are a great writer, and it should be to your credit that you created a story that has caused such strong reactions in others wether it be positive or negative. I may not currently care for your current creation at the moment, but I respect your talent.

PS It would be nice if you could give a warning at the beginning of any chapter that a Clois lover would find disturbing and not want to read ( something for example, like them sleeping with other people!) I know personally when I got to read a story about Clois that last thing I want to read is them sleeping with someone else.(I just have no interest it...Sorry)
Pem21 chapter 30 . 11/6/2009
I guess one thing that helps the confusion is the constant changing of the story summary. Also I appreciate your comment and response to the queries that this is a Clois story, unfortunately, I wish you would include some Clois interaction because even with 20 chapters left, I have an uneasy feeling that this Clois relationship/friendship will happen way too quickly and there is no buildup. I can't even the last time they interacted in this story and/or had any time to rebuild their friendship.

Also I am really put off by Lois having sex with Lex. Rebecca? I can't stand her character. She is part of the reason why I am not enjoying this Clark in the least. Manning up when it comes to Clark isn't about sleeping with Rebecca about being Superman and the DP star reporter.
girlinflux chapter 30 . 11/6/2009
Okay...I'm still reading but I can't seem to get past that Lois is having sex with Lex and that Clark is banging Rebecca. It's not that I don't have faith that you've already written them to be together at the end but it really hard to believe at this point. I'd like to request that you post quicker so your readers can get through these very challenging chapters where the is no CLOIS. Thanks.
mandrake-o chapter 29 . 11/5/2009
This is an amazing story. I can't wait to read more.

) Mandraco.
cloisharley chapter 29 . 11/4/2009
please tell me clark, that those were only words! that you don't really love this woman and oh by the way you so DO love lois lane. get of this crazy train and stop hurting this poor girl's heart and go find lois!

also can't believe he still hasn't become superman again - its like he's walking around in this fantasy land where he has gotten over his hurt feelings about that date when i don't think he has. something is holding him back and if he's so over lois he should be back to being superman!

again great update but the clois seperation is tearing me apart and to use one of your lines here i'm dying a little on the inside...

lol nothing like a dramtic review! see you next update :)
IceQueen825 chapter 29 . 11/4/2009
Clark is in some trouble here! Telling Rebecca he is in love with her? My goodness...not a good move! When he finally admits his feelings about out!

I was waiting for there to be some kind of rescue on Clark's part, instead he did it on the sly and Lois doesn't know what happened. But what did happen? Best I can figure out Clark got the power off, then he was somehow in the room and used heat vision, but what then? Is Sidney dead? Did he just let him die?

Me thinks Clark needs to have a bed dream that shows exactly what happened and makes him wake up terrified because Lois died in the dream. Start getting him back on track!
Confused chapter 29 . 11/4/2009
I started reading this story thinking it was a Clois story. So far I'm not seeing that at all.

Lois is partners with the enemy Lex Luthor, and Clark is telling another woman that he is in love with her? WTH?

What's next Lois falling in love or sleeping with Lex! (which in my eyes will make her tainted, and no longer good enough for Superman, and no better that Lana!)

I started reading this story because I thought it was about Clois, so far I'm not seeing that.

I'm also not liking Lois for her association with the enemy, while hurting Clark (She was a total B*h in the bar scene IMO).

If she sleeps with Lex, I say that Clark is better off with Rachel! At least she won't be dirty with Lex cooties!
Pem21 chapter 29 . 11/4/2009
While it is nice to see updates again, I have to admit that I am not enjoying this story as much as previous chapter. Also your Clark? I am finding it difficult to cheer for or even care about. His relationship with Rebecca confuses me and I am not terribly fond of it. Also the whole issue with him refusing to be Superman frustrates me as a reader. I know you are labeling this as a Clois fic but at this moment, with the little interaction they have had in previous chapters, makes me wonder how this will indeed up as a Clois fic in a friendship or shipper sense. At this point in the story, I am not even sure that I want Lois anywhere near Clark since he seems too far concerned about anything but rubbing his girlfriends feet.
cloisharley chapter 28 . 11/3/2009
i know that clark was there and he probably played a great part in the 'behind the scenes' elements of saving lois but i gotta say - what the heck was he playing at! this is LOIS! she could've died there i don't know how many times! until the next update possibly proves me wrong i'm gonna say he's a jerk.

he let her wait and go through all that when he could have just become superman and saved her! or you know at the very least he could have gone as clark at the end just to let her know that somebody had turned up for her, to save her, let her know she wasn't alone.

clark is in the dog house with me now - he's practically giddy at the start just talking about lois, and it even disturbs him that he's still in love with her! - and then he doesn't rush in to save the day? he has got some wires crossed in his head.

great writing for this piece - its different than alot of the other clois stories and even though it frustrates me i like that lois and clark can have, not just a tough time but a really tough time getting together lol :)

please update soon - i want to like clark again :D
IceQueen825 chapter 28 . 11/2/2009
that was intense!
namjai chapter 28 . 11/2/2009
O, action-packed! You did a great job with that, making the action easy to follow, and suspenseful and gripping. Glad you're back!
cloisharley chapter 27 . 9/7/2009
so perry is taking this story by the book... hmm must mean theres alot at stake - if he publishes one wrong word about lex, or even a truth with no proof they're in deep water.

what is up with clark? why won't he go be superman instead of getting his feet rubbed!

i liked that lois is bringing clark back in again to work with her at the end there. i wonder how they'll function together and what tension there will be hanging in the air between them. did they ever really work things out after there big fight or has it just been so long that things have kinda been brushed away?
namjai chapter 26 . 8/27/2009
Wow, this chapter was just gut-wrenching. Sad to have my suspicions proved right. I especially loved Lois in this; her reactions were just so spot-on, so *her* - I don't know how else to explain it at the moment, but I loved her for it, and for taking that shot!
namjai chapter 24 . 8/27/2009
I really like the idea that there could be these obscure corners of LutherCorp in which projects put in motion by Lionel keep chugging along in some way, and Lex has to do this sleuthing to uncover it. And seeing him work with Lois was great - I loved the scene so much, I was disappointed myself when he cut it short!
zga15 chapter 27 . 8/25/2009