Reviews for Numb
Destria Cosplay chapter 2 . 7/15/2008
i loved it, extremely touching truthfully, and the way you represented the characters were perfect, there isn't OOC ness... which everybody hates

i only have one question... what happens after the 16th angel?

does shinji continue to live, even though he knows that the rei that comes back isn't his rei, or does he decide to disappear to be with her?

you didn't answer about the 16th angel incident

finally, touji piloted unit 03, not 04

great fic though

Kamui
Aneirin chapter 2 . 7/18/2007
*wipes a tear from his eye* that was beautiful *sob sob*

but no, seriously. that was good.
Voakands chapter 2 . 7/4/2007
A very nice story. Your characterization is off, though; Shinji and Rei are OOC, and the situation, for them, is a bit rushed. Especially the resolution, when Rei fully displays emotion through physical action (she doesn't know how, remember), and she's not even aware of her own mental state (recall the last scene before she self-destructs; she realizes she's crying, and she doesn't know why... are these tears? am I crying?... is that my desire... to be one with Ikari?) -course, I can't judge if you're basing it on the manga, because I haven't read it all, but even so, it's OOC. Something more appropriate would be:

Tears flowed down her face, and she felt an inexplicable hollowness... she stood straight, staring, hoping... tears began flowing down her face again and she remembered the time Shinji rescued her... "I'm crying because I'm happy" ... and she smiled.

Shinji felt heavy... becoming lighter... saw the blurry silhouette of a face... a few seconds... Rei with a smile on her face... found his hand entwined with Rei's... "I'm glad you're alive," and she squeezed his hand... nothing made him feel happier than that moment; he felt his self bursting with joy...

Well, even holding hands might be a bit much for Rei? Fragmented, a bit cliche at some parts, perhaps (self bursting with joy? what?), some bad descriptions, but nothing that can't be fixed. Rei's not the physical type, and Shinji's not an open type, either; if he has a bad dream, he'll brood about it; he won't send a love letter.

And in the first part, you'd want Reit to explore this new feeling she has... this hollowness she's never felt before, or so intensely. Whatever you decide.

-Voakands
one guy chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Ok, I am so full of thoughts at the moment. I think I should start writing them WHEN reading the stories, not AFTER that. I am writing the review in chapter 1 just in case I forget something.

You were very good at showing emotions, thoughts, it helped to drag me into the plot.

I know that maybe the characters were a bit OOC but it was not a bad thing because the circumstances made it all believable.

And this story had a very interesting composition because of the mix of story-telling and poetry.

I also liked the part where Rei talked to "the Doubt". I guess it is an imitation of similar things in the series of "Neon Genesis Evangelion". Well, it is the first fanfic I've seen this thing in.

It also had its intrigue, its mystery. What is very interesting is the poetry in bold. Maybe the why and how it was created is left for the interpretation of the readers... That would be really great. About Shinji's poem to Rei. I really wanted to read it when I was reading chapter 1 and it was nice that you put it in chapter 2. Not only because I got the chance to read it but also because that was an interesting decision in writing.

By the way, you could have said that you owned the poem at the end of the story. You kind of spoil things when you write it at the beginning because this way we know the poem will appear in a later chapter.

What I really didn't like in this story is that you told all the story about how Shinji decided not to pilot Eva again, how he returned etc. Maybe you could've at least written that from an another point of view or something. Or shortened it all up. Maybe all of it was necessary for your story but, in my view, that fact doesn't change that this story has a minus.

Also, I was a bit dissapointed that eventually Shinji was ok. Now don't take this the wrong way :D I've just read so many stories with good endings, kind of similar to yours. I start to miss sad endings, I would have liked if the story ended somewhere where Rei was crying over the LCL.

All in all, great work, very expressive and interesting but, in my view, it has some flaws.

By the way, I often take the chance to show my appreciation for finishing the stories. Some people don't and that is kind of dissapointing. Here's a big thank you: THANK YOU ;)
dennisud chapter 2 . 6/28/2007
Way OOC but still very enjoable, a way for us hopeless romantics out there to appreciate our words!

dennisu
saiyan prince1 chapter 2 . 6/27/2007
wow beautiful poem. and nice chapter as well. thanks for it all
ian chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
update it's been 3 hole years
Raenvoll chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
Nice Start can't wait for the continuation.
ZGMF-X20A-SF chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
Great start, I'm looking forward to the continuation. I have the feeling that this author was able to come up with the most effective way to create drama, by having Rei, without knowing, reject Shinji through her actions. I personally wonder what will happen when he returns from within the twelfth Angel. If it is possible I hope updates come quickly, but with the same level of quailty.
Marine Brother Shran chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
WTH? A CLIFFY? WUT KINDA OF A WRITER ARE YOU? A CLIFFY? A BLOODY CLIFFY FOR A ONE SHOT? ARG! YOU MUST BE INSANE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTINUE THIS I BEG OF YOU! plus why didn't you try to make up a poem that would work? huh? c'mon please update this is soo good! well anyways, that's all from me

Cheers Ja ne
tomdj1701 chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Nice, Please update this one when you have the time.
Kraven Ergeist chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
Shinji was too OOC in this fic, but in all truth, he's out of character in most fics - he's just too hard to land, and the way his character works never fits into a romance fic. Other than that, all other characters seemed fine, and the deliverary was good enough. Overall, however, the concept seems too character driven for someone like Shinji.

Too broach another subject, I noticed that you are the manager of the Shinji x Rei C2, and was wondering if you would consider some of my fics for adding to the archive. Seeing as though Shinji x Rei pairing are my favorite in the series, I would not say no to a role as a staff member either. If you don't have room for either, please contact me to let me know wither way.

Kraven Ergeist
saiyan prince1 chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
oh please update soon, its been too long i do say.
Mike Kromer chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
Very good so far, keep it up. you need to update soon, its too good to leve it like this
Ayato chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Interesting, I, too, am an Eva fan.